Proton Inspira Power Mod

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
wah. that's way lower than what they stated on paper. but yeah, if ts wanna swap the 4b11 into his car, he won't feel that much difference. and minor mods also not gonna give much gain unless he go for cam swap and other stuff.
Thought will have at least 5~10% gain...

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
how much engine speed you have left before your rev cut. does the speed climb fast when u put in top gear going to 205kmh?
Can't really recall. I think it was 5k++ RPM. Should have a bit more left before redline. Everything stock.

Speed climb is definitely faster than my old man's 2.0 car.

Hoping to gain extra top end power to match those 2.4 cars. Lol..

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Can't really recall. I think it was 5k++ RPM. Should have a bit more left before redline. Everything stock.

everything still stock? try decat, changing the extractor, swap to better flow piping and mufflers, drop in filters?

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
Dont waste your money, time, effort and hope. Expectations are more than actual gains. If you want to match a 2.4, get a 2.4 lor
No la. Not gonna do that.
I still enjoy my 1.8MT very much, just exploring some options to gain extra top end power within my limited budget.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Dont take it the wrong way, Bro. We just dont want you to waste your money. Better to save it for future car

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
Dont take it the wrong way, Bro. We just dont want you to waste your money. Better to save it for future car
Yeah bro appreciate that. But I don't think there would be any big displacement car with manual transmission in the future without paying a fortune.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Bro, swapping the engines between the two cars won't be significant and will be costly. You're better off saving your money for a turbo setup. Internal forged low-comp pistons, forged conrods, a modern ball bearing turbo and money for a standalone ECU. It won't be cheap but it'll give you most bang for your buck rather than chasing 5% with engine swaps. EVO X engines are too expensive at the moment and manual EVO X engines in M'sia are almost non-existent.

Btw don't forget all the supporting turbo mods like fuel regulator / pump, suspension and brakes.

Reactions: DareDan and sanekit

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah bro appreciate that. But I don't think there would be any big displacement car with manual transmission in the future without paying a fortune.
Well what is your target top speed actually?? 220, 230, 250? If you want fast manual car, then just sell off your Inspira and buy either real Evo CT9A, Subaru Impreza WRX, Nissan Silvia S15R, Civic FD2R, or some Renault Megane RS, all are manual cars that can reach 250 or more with only 2.0l engines so no need big displacement.

If you just want to add a bit more, then just the normal remapping, exhaust and intake work coupled with lightweight rims, maybe you can gain like 10% more real power and 5-10kph more top speed. But to do all that, you may need to spend a few thousands already, that's why some may say it's not really worth it. Swapping engines may give you electrical issues, coz might simply take short cuts and just cut and tap wires here and there, then bypass some other things.

Anyway IMHO top speed is also overrated, acceleration and the whole packaging of the car to make it fun to drive is more important.

Reactions: DareDan and sanekit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all..

we sometimes saw those ppl mod
got open pod air filter

then they make like one area, is heat shielded one
so it only suck in cold air...

so how to make the heat seperated area?
what material to use?

cuase my engine bay quite large.. so got space. thinking to do this mod..

anyone can guide me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience