What to watch out when buying used Toyota Mark X?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Wear & tear is very comparable to Camry and very reasonable for this type of car. Parts still quite easy to find and chop shop parts are also still abundant, and most parts are interchangeable with Lexus IS250/GS250/GS300. For common issues, really nothing much worth mentioning coz the car is really bullet proof. I barely spent anything to repair mine. Most of the money spent is on modifying/upgrading it rather than repairing which is great! :biggrin:
Thats weird. Mark X was not offered locally but they have parts here huh.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Great!! thanks for the reply bro, if i am not mistaken its already 6 years you own mark x right? its good to know the car is not problematic (i thought so, since it is toyota).

Thanks again for the infos!!
Yes, already over 6 yrs ownership now and no nagging problems whatsoever.
You're welcome. You can join the MXCU Facebook club also if you want to ask around there.

Which reseller do you mind to share?
You mean the Swift Sports? It's a female driver from KL. Why?

Fall in love with the Sports, give Mark X to son......lol
No la, the SS is for my son! I don't dare to let him drive the X yet coz it's foot parking brake so if he misses his braking I cannot do anything to help slow down! Plus I worry he would spin due to the RWD layout. The SS is far safer for beginners and it feels fast & loud due to the short gear ratios, so can deter people from speeding, unlike the X which is effortless and still silent at high speeds.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For now I'll use it everyday until my boy can drive and need to use later. So the X will be resting a bit.
Ahem.. cough... my house has space and I could use a car whilst mine rots in the workshop... :biggrin:

The SS is far safer for beginners and it feels fast & loud due to the short gear ratios, so can deter people from speeding, unlike the X which is effortless and still silent at high speeds.
The fact that it uses RON97 only means he'll be real careful with the go-fast pedal otherwise his allowance habis on petrol only. Haha!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Great!! thanks for the reply bro, if i am not mistaken its already 6 years you own mark x right? its good to know the car is not problematic (i thought so, since it is toyota).

Thanks again for the infos!!
Yes, already over 6 yrs ownership now and no nagging problems whatsoever.
You're welcome. You can join the MXCU Facebook club also if you want to ask around there.

Which reseller do you mind to share?
You mean the Swift Sports? It's a female driver from KL. Why?

Fall in love with the Sports, give Mark X to son......lol
No la, the SS is for my son! I don't dare to let him drive the X yet coz it's foot parking brake so if he misses his braking I cannot do anything to help slow down! Plus I worry he would spin due to the RWD layout. The SS is far safer for beginners and it feels fast & loud due to the short gear ratios, so can deter people from speeding, unlike the X which is effortless and still silent at high speeds giving the impression you're still at low speeds.

Reactions: vr2turbo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Didn't buy from used car dealer PUBLIC AUTO right? hahaha.

I wonder why did a female driver buy a stick SSS

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Didn't buy from used car dealer PUBLIC AUTO right? hahaha.

I wonder why did a female driver buy a stick SSS
Hahaha of course not!

Well she said she likes driving manual car! She had the car from new and all that time she had been driving it daily in such stiff setup with the wafer thin tires. I've been only driving it for 3 days now and I already give up and will soon revert back to the stock rims with thicker tires. Cannot imagine how she can stand it for 10 yrs, must be a rare breed of female I suppose. Quite nice and friendly lady though so the buying process was a breeze.

Ahem.. cough... my house has space and I could use a car whilst mine rots in the workshop... :biggrin:

The fact that it uses RON97 only means he'll be real careful with the go-fast pedal otherwise his allowance habis on petrol only. Haha!
Hahaha you'd fall asleep driving my X leh, too slow for you with only half the power of your 1JZ!

Yeah, hopefully he'll be much wiser than his dad at that age! I hope I can teach him well enough too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yes, a 9 year old Volvo is right in front of us today. The condition is as terrible as you may have guessed. Oxidation, Swirls, Scratches, Repainted panels, Paint shop bad finishing, you name it. Its a bundle of almost all the surface defects into 1 long Volvo Wagon...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience