[DIY] Flush ATF and change filter

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well if you're interested in a gasket removal tool and a paint scraper, come we DIY and you can try both. Then only decide which one is the right method for you. I got my tools at non ACE-Hardware places. ACE tends to be more expensive (significantly more) although their variety is extensive. Places like MTIS and Knights Auto are way cheaper and also have shitloads of tools. I don't recommend a knife btw, I've done this method before and snapped the blade which was a bitch to remove.

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Well if you're interested in a gasket removal tool and a paint scraper, come we DIY and you can try both. Then only decide which one is the right method for you. I got my tools at non ACE-Hardware places. ACE tends to be more expensive (significantly more) although their variety is extensive. Places like MTIS and Knights Auto are way cheaper and also have shitloads of tools. I don't recommend a knife btw, I've done this method before and snapped the blade which was a bitch to remove.
Nice, paint scrapers also known as putty knife, I read alot of people use this to separate the oil pan.

Jom DIY, when you free bro ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nice, paint scrapers also known as putty knife, I read alot of people use this to separate the oil pan.

Jom DIY, when you free bro ?
What exactly do you want to do first? I'll need to plan a weekend if it's a big job

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
What exactly do you want to do first? I'll need to plan a weekend if it's a big job
Hmmm,
My ATF oil change is over due 2000 km.
My absorber mounting got kluk kluk sound Dy.
One of my absorber is leaking, needa change Dy.

, Damn alot of stuff needa change but I think we can just start with ATF filter change and flush first. The others I think I can handle since I also need to spend some time on writing my thesis as well. Don't wanna use so much of your time also.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hmmm,
My ATF oil change is over due 2000 km.
My absorber mounting got kluk kluk sound Dy.
One of my absorber is leaking, needa change Dy.

, Damn alot of stuff needa change but I think we can just start with ATF filter change and flush first. The others I think I can handle since I also need to spend some time on writing my thesis as well. Don't wanna use so much of your time also.
Do one shot lah bro,there is 2 of u.
It will be like a therapy session for Iszo.

Drain the atf then change the absorber and mounting.this way u dont waste time waiting for the atf to flow out.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Drain the atf then change the absorber and mounting.this way u dont waste time waiting for the atf to flow out.
But they don't have the adsorber spring compressor tool.....

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong

True also bro, can change the absorber mounting while draining the ATF, I think since the ATF is draining, can Pasang the ATF cooler also

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi all. sorry to revive old thread. Can I use engine oil flush to flush atf? Im afraid it will harm a/t component inside.
The reason i want to flush & clean it coz it has sluggish and hard shifting. My a/t also did not have a sump and also don't have filter.
I assume it already sludge inside.

Or do you guys have any suggestion to clear ATF sludge?

what car?

the easiest way could be atf with a tiny bit of diesel fuel? maybe...

the hard way is change atf normally...

then let it warms up, cycle the shifter P-R-N-D-2-L multiple time in short period (proper stop and moving is a must)
and then quick power burst acceleration+deceleration...

and then drain the oil again before refilling back the atf normally...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
btw.. if stock 1st gen myvi, can get away changing the strut mount with just "cargo rachet-strap" cheaply available in diy shop...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Can do this but the author say it's dangerous
Oh heck no.. the amount of force in a spring is enough to destroy a lot of things. Besides, if you change the absorber mounting and absorber you need an alignment. Might as well get the suspension swapped out at a reputable tyre shop or one that you know in person.

ATF and all - easy. Just need to set a date/time. 2000km isn't a lot to exceed ATF unless you're telling me you've been running it 100k km la.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh heck no.. the amount of force in a spring is enough to destroy a lot of things. Besides, if you change the absorber mounting and absorber you need an alignment. Might as well get the suspension swapped out at a reputable tyre shop or one that you know in person.

ATF and all - easy. Just need to set a date/time. 2000km isn't a lot to exceed ATF unless you're telling me you've been running it 100k km la.
He wants to fit atf cooler also....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

I am planning for the following Yokohama tyres for my 2 cars, one using 195.55.15 and another is 180.60.14

After some research online and offline, found that Advan Neova AD07 only have size for my 195.55.15 while AVS ES100 have sizes of both.

Also known that the UTQG for AD07 is 180 AA A and ES100 is 280 AA A. If I am going to take AD07 for the 15" and ES 100 for the 14", would this be my good choices?

Need your experiences on both tyres model in terms of dry, wet, treadwear...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience