DIY: Changing Myvi absorbers.... solves the kluk kluk sound.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ride height not that much different. I'm using Alza mounts on my gen 1 myvi and it didn't change the height at all. Took a while for it to settle though.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, you need to compress the spring to detach the absorber mounting. Btw, you can opt for alza's mounting (bearing mounting) instead of rubber type mounting.

Benefit:
1. Durable than rubber type (myvi ori is suck).
2. Improve handling.
3. it's plug & play (cucuk dan main).

cons:
1. Higher ride height.
Since fits both cars, wonder why they produce 2 models? Usually manufacturers will try to reduce parts production....lol

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Since fits both cars, wonder why they produce 2 models? Usually manufacturers will try to reduce parts production....lol
I've no idea and the ori rubber mounting just get loosen feeling after like half year of driving or 10-15k kms clocked.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Alza top mount makes the suspension a bit stiffer
I feel the car height is higher than before as easier for me to come out from the car.

Hmm, maybe we use firm better than stiff as I did not feel it's stiff but more firm and stable.

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I feel the car height is higher than before as easier for me to come out from the car.

Hmm, maybe we use firm better than stiff as I did not feel it's stiff but more firm and stable.
Looks like the Alza ones are much better......lol

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
The original absorbers? If yes, then you need to compress the springs....
Yeap, it's the original absorbers.

Is it possible to do it with the car not jacked up ? I somehow think that the absorber mounting is gonna shoot out when I unscrew the absorber mounting without the car on jackstands

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Yes, you need to compress the spring to detach the absorber mounting. Btw, you can opt for alza's mounting (bearing mounting) instead of rubber type mounting.

Benefit:
1. Durable than rubber type (myvi ori is suck).
2. Improve handling.
3. it's plug & play (cucuk dan main).

cons:
1. Higher ride height.
Thanks for the reply man.
Yeap I got tips from foreman saying alza mouting with bearing is better lol.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeap, it's the original absorbers.

Is it possible to do it with the car not jacked up ? I somehow think that the absorber mounting is gonna shoot out when I unscrew the absorber mounting without the car on jackstands
You need to jack up the car to remove the suspension. The top mount is lock down by a nut on top or do you mean the mount have torn apart?

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
You need to jack up the car to remove the suspension. The top mount is lock down by a nut on top or do you mean the mount have torn apart?
I saw a guy posted in his blog, he didn't use spring compressors, he unscrew the absorber mounting, slowly jack up the car and the strut slowly comes out. After he use another jack to jack the lower arm to put the new absorber mounting into place since the spring compressor was not there with them. It's in baikisendiri blog but I think now the blog was removed, couldn't find it.

I haven't tried doing it yet. This is just what I read from the blog. Any sifus here can confirm ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I saw a guy posted in his blog, he didn't use spring compressors, he unscrew the absorber mounting, slowly jack up the car and the strut slowly comes out. After he use another jack to jack the lower arm to put the new absorber mounting into place since the spring compressor was not there with them. It's in baikisendiri blog but I think now the blog was removed, couldn't find it.

I haven't tried doing it yet. This is just what I read from the blog. Any sifus here can confirm ?
Wah.. that's a crazy insane amount of work to remove the top mounts. You can do that but why?

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Thanks man.
Appreciate your response.
Needed some clarification before trying it out.
Are you guys going to conduct a Meet up & DIY sessions ?
Can't wait to join you guys to learn more stuff

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My buddy has been contacting me prior receiving his new CBU twin turbo

it must be another UDM

Ladies and gentleman...presenting you ....

it has been a long time since i last post....although I down but not out, have been doing a numerous opti coating here there...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience