Proton Inspira Additional GB Cooler.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Dear All

Need some advice regarding this issue. Planing to add a GB cooler to my trammy without discrad the original one. Setup should be as attachment.
shouldn't be a problem. u just need to check which hose is the send hose and which is return hose. easiest way is the remove the hose and start the car and see which hose push out the atf. another way is during cold start, just start the engine and leave it for a while and then touch the hose. the hot hose should be the send hose and the cold one is the return hose.

plug the send hose to the radiator. from the radiator, connect a hose to the cooler and then connect the other end of the cooler to your gb return hose. :driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Is there really a need? Inspira already have a GB cooler that Lancers didn't have.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Is there really a need? Inspira already have a GB cooler that Lancers didn't have.
Also, the way the coolers are installed are contradictory to popular mechanics. Flow is front bottom to top of the cooler. I'd set it up so that gravity assists with the flow

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Also, the way the coolers are installed are contradictory to popular mechanics. Flow is front bottom to top of the cooler. I'd set it up so that gravity assists with the flow
Isn't it closed loop with a pump moving the fluid? how is it different with gravity assisting?

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Mean you done installation from top to bottom? inlet top outlet bottom?

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
how many liters does the CVT oil should be used? manual say 7l++. but SC quote me 5 liter only.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Mean you done installation from top to bottom? inlet top outlet bottom?
I don't have a Inspira. My ex-Sylphy I DIY installed a CVT cooler and I routed the inlet on top and outlet at the bottom.

how many liters does the CVT oil should be used? manual say 7l++. but SC quote me 5 liter only.
Depends on what you wanna do. If just drain and top up it's about 3-4 litres. If remove oil pan, change filter and all - then 5-7L total

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Flat Satin Black 722 McLaren or Batmobile? <b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience