Anyone using ATR Sport tyre here ?

19 Degree South

Nov 15, 2017
Jb
Fitted 225/45/17 and 245/40/17! Quite precise this tyre in direction change! Overall the noise level is acceptable but can be loud on a rough patch of road! Wet handling is good , maybe it's a new tyre! Took some sharp corners and surprised me that a budget tyre handle so well! No oversteer feeling! Now it made me think that my old csc5 was overatted!:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Fitted 225/45/17 and 245/40/17! Quite precise this tyre in direction change! Overall the noise level is acceptable but can be loud on a rough patch of road! Wet handling is good , maybe it's a new tyre! Took some sharp corners and surprised me that a budget tyre handle so well! No oversteer feeling! Now it made me think that my old csc5 was overatted!:biggrin:
Naah drive it hard enough and the difference will be much more pronounced! CSC5 is surely way much better.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Lol....maybe! Haven't driven really hard enough! Couldn't ask for more for a budget tyre! Seriously....I am not a fan of csc 5!:biggrin:
Any particular reason why you don't like CSC5 much? I also just finished using that tires and pretty happy with them actually. You're sure it's the European made CSC5 right and not the Malaysian MC5?

19 Degree South

Nov 15, 2017
Jb
Any particular reason why you don't like CSC5 much? I also just finished using that tires and pretty happy with them actually. You're sure it's the European made CSC5 right and not the Malaysian MC5?
csc 5 is a very noisy tyre! Don't really feel the grip after 25k mileage! I said it was overatted because of the high price against its performance! Mine came factory fitted from MBM! So I think it's the Euro tyre gua!I just checked my spare tyre, it's written Continetal CSC 5 ler! :biggrin:

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
csc 5 is a very noisy tyre! Don't really feel the grip after 25k mileage! I said it was overatted because of the high price against its performance! Mine came factory fitted from MBM! So I think it's the Euro tyre gua!I just checked my spare tyre, it's written Continetal CSC 5 ler! :biggrin:
Noisy I agree but no grip after 25k mileage?? Hmm I use mine until over 40k km and still had good grip in the dry (of course don't talk about in the wet coz threads were almost bald so I had a few hair raising moments!). Expensive mostly, but I got mine for only rm500/pc all inclusive back then in 2015 for 225/50/17 so it's NOT expensive. :biggrin: Is your car an E200 or C200?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nowadays tyres are getting better with new compound and technology. For me I have used the Indonesian GT Radial before, and is much cheaper than my previous GY Asy2. I would rate GT at 80% of the Asy2, however the rubber compound of the GT harden faster. By 3 years can feel the grip rate lessen, whereas the GY probably 4 years. By the 4th year fine cracks can be seem on the GT tyre thread whereas the GY lasted up to 5th year before crack lines shows. So if using the tyres up fast should not have this problem.....lol

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Noisy I agree but no grip after 25k mileage?? Hmm I use mine until over 40k km and still had good grip in the dry (of course don't talk about in the wet coz threads were almost bald so I had a few hair raising moments!). Expensive mostly, but I got mine for only rm500/pc all inclusive back then in 2015 for 225/50/17 so it's NOT expensive. :biggrin: Is your car an E200 or C200?
So far you have been lucky with the contis. At least 4 members I know from the PUG308T club on CSC3 have bulging tyres. My lady friend sister also had 1 bulge and 1 burst, and as you know my ex colleague's accord on CSC5 and had crack sidewall......lol

19 Degree South

Nov 15, 2017
Jb
True ler bro.... After 25k, like not very sticky Liao ! I don't mind the tyre la but I mind about the high price! Lol! Mine is the C250! I don't have the privilege to rotate my tyres thus I need to choose the 'value for money' type lor! Just like h/p la......that fruit brand also overrated! My xiao mi can perform much better! I used three versions of the fruit brand before I decided to give this China phone a try! Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

19 Degree South

Nov 15, 2017
Jb
Nowadays tyres are getting better with new compound and technology. For me I have used the Indonesian GT Radial before, and is much cheaper than my previous GY Asy2. I would rate GT at 80% of the Asy2, however the rubber compound of the GT harden faster. By 3 years can feel the grip rate lessen, whereas the GY probably 4 years. By the 4th year fine cracks can be seem on the GT tyre thread whereas the GY lasted up to 5th year before crack lines shows. So if using the tyres up fast should not have this problem.....lol
Thanks for the insight bro! Nice to see you here! I was 'autoworld ' member before! Saw your nick there! Lol!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear drivers..

Help needed!

My bro Toyota Rush stolen in Bandar Puteri Puchong, 21 May 2012

Model: Toyota Rush
Colour: Black
Car Plat: WRB 9128
Details: chrome side mirror, V-Kool sticker at behind windscreen

If found, kindly call Balai Puchong 03-8076 2222

This car is blacklisted In Malaysia. Do help to see around, my friends. Tq s
o much
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience