Perdana v6 : Road to 300whp.... and beyond

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yes bro... Just the turbos, intake (if it fits) and maybe pistons.. cos not sure 6a12T pistons can support two TD04
just checked with my mechanic this morning, yes can fit and use..but the rear turbo prone to fail due to heat.

didnt check on intake and pistons.

Seems they have not hard to find. My mechanic ask me before also, whether I wanted those but got to look for it.
cant find during my search at couple of shop @ sunway and mudah :bawling:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
guys need help @ 1.5k is there any good daily drive clutch can handle 300lb/ft torque?

choices are
- competition clutch stage 4
-exedy 3/4 puck

i've done reading and google... best is to get full face clutch ceramic pad ( daily drive reason).. but cant find it in mudah other than organic..for now choices are above from mudah. yet to survey at sunway shop.

I'll be rebuilding my gbox this month.. installing semi lsd and send flywheel to machine shop to be lighten, remaining clutch set only, current one started to slip.

do chip in your opinion. thanks

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
guys need help @ 1.5k is there any good daily drive clutch can handle 300lb/ft torque?

choices are
-exedy 3/4 puck

i've done reading and google... best is to get full face clutch ceramic pad ( daily drive reason).. but cant find it in mudah other than organic..for now choices are above from mudah. yet to survey at sunway shop.

I'll be rebuilding my gbox this month.. installing semi lsd and send flywheel to machine shop to be lighten, remaining clutch set only, current one started to slip.

not sure if helps, recently i change my clutch plate as it has already worn out.

I ever use those sport clutch before, OS Giken..
if you are looking for daily drive, would advise you to stick to original/stock type..

its really difficult to engage or to step on..

stock can also handle 300whp, no issue.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
not sure if helps, recently i change my clutch plate as it has already worn out.

I ever use those sport clutch before, OS Giken..
if you are looking for daily drive, would advise you to stick to original/stock type..

its really difficult to engage or to step on..

stock can also handle 300whp, no issue.
iinm , cover plate that makes soft/hard to step on.

well nothing much available for sub 1.5k price in market here....

gonna jump and go for cc 6puck sprung clutch:smokin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
iinm , cover plate that makes soft/hard to step on.

well nothing much available for sub 1.5k price in market here....

gonna jump and go for cc 6puck sprung clutch:smokin:
Yes, the pressure plate, but if with harder springs it helps the clutch plate attached better, but heavy on the legs.....lol:driver:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
a quick update for those who follow...gbox has been rebuild...end up with 6 puck..now softer than oem clutch...but better traction

next post will reveal dyno chart

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

choices are
-exedy 3/4 puck

exedy organic with copper mix clutch plate....
exedy heavy duty clutch cover

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
a quick update for those who follow...gbox has been rebuild...end up with 6 puck..now softer than oem clutch...but better traction

next post will reveal dyno chart
6 puck from what company? Trinity? Works?

If I had seen this earlier I would've asked you to get the Exedy 4 puck. It is 'properly' made and have a sprung hub so it's better for daily drive and the pads are a good balance, no judder etc for daily drive.

Where's the dyno chart? :rolleyes:

Just read through the whole thread, looks like you have not gotten/decided on an ECU? I would highly suggest you save up probably for the Link EVO plug-in. No wiring job required and you get tons of features, if not mistaken it comes with launch control and also boost control so you can throw away your EBC already :biggrin:

Last edited:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
6 puck from what company? Trinity? Works?

If I had seen this earlier I would've asked you to get the Exedy 4 puck. It is 'properly' made and have a sprung hub so it's better for daily drive and the pads are a good balance, no judder etc for daily drive.

Where's the dyno chart? :rolleyes:

Just read through the whole thread, looks like you have not gotten/decided on an ECU? I would highly suggest you save up probably for the Link EVO plug-in. No wiring job required and you get tons of features, if not mistaken it comes with launch control and also boost control so you can throw away your EBC already :biggrin:
:itsme::itsme:

6 puck sprung hub cc clutch...btw autobacs klang selling off cheap for act clutch. NOS <New Old Stock>.

yet to go dyno...waiting for payday...spend alot this month already..my cap ayam wastegate gave up on me..had to buy genuine one...

yea the ecu....thats the reason why dyno chart will be available later...now got 1k off srp...had to purchase it...dyno result will determine whether i'm gonna upgrade internal or leave it oem..

it has all those feature..probably just keep my EBC..it has afr/boost/ebc...might link it with ecu. :smokin:

Attachments

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dyno chart....

Didn't expect this much hp.. Was expecting 24xhp at 1bar.. :smokin:

However fd2 dyno before me get 11x - 13xhp..doesn't show this dyno is 'ringan'..

Anyway another dyno run at April to confirm.. 2nd opinion they say:nurse:
Maybe half cut engine was modded before? Like my first engine had shaved header......:driver: