7. Carbon fibre open pod intake
8. HWL adjustables hi low soft hard
9. Steel braided brake hose
10. Ssr rims + toyo tires
11. Lightened crankshaft pulley
12. Works fuel rail
13. Denso spark plugs
14. Aftermarket spark plug cables

And i went to dyno and it shows 117 hp, is it normal for this mod to gain 117 hp? Or am i expecting too much?
Hope to hear something from you guys or any advise or anything, thanks
Is it 117hp on wheel or crank? Dynojet or Dyno Dynamic?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hello guys, just wanna ask, i bought a neo 1.6, and the spec are :
1. Haltech Interceptor Piggyback
2. High cams
3. High compression pistons
4. Full race clutch
5. Final drive
6. Stainless steel straight pipe
7. Carbon fibre open pod intake
8. HWL adjustables hi low soft hard
9. Steel braided brake hose
10. Ssr rims + toyo tires
11. Lightened crankshaft pulley
12. Works fuel rail
13. Denso spark plugs
14. Aftermarket spark plug cables

And i went to dyno and it shows 117 hp, is it normal for this mod to gain 117 hp? Or am i expecting too much?
Hope to hear something from you guys or any advise or anything, thanks

from your all long list of mods...not all contribute to power increase...,

-interceptor piggyback to tune the engine
-highcam <- what was the spec?
-high conpression piston <- saga blm piston?
-fuel rail for bigger fuel flow (if your engine can consume much more than stock fuel rail deliver)
-cf open pod (if your engine can flow more air than stock intake)
-fuel regulator (supply higher pressure if your engine demands it)

so... i would say 117wheel hp is sounds about right with just cam and piston change...

if u want higher power, u need to look for head bigger port, bigger tb, tuned exhaust manifold nd adjustable cam pulley...

(*actually i saw this thread in pc..but since at work i cant tahan and reply it via my phone) :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Considering the new car is 110bhp on paper (probably 105 on wheel or less), 117 is seemingly low. But if you can show the graph more can be commented.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Neo has two engine specs right? The 140+hp and the 120+hp if I remember correctly. If the 140+HP, then std on wheel should be around 110-120, so if the mod is done on this spec then they're practically useless. However on the 120+hp engine, on wheels should be around 90-100? So if the mod is done on this 120+hp engine then it gains about 17hp or a bit more which sounds not bad.

CMIIW though.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i think u could reach higher peak hp if u use a muffler.. since now head port still stock.. i recommend u go for custom intake and porting job..

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
A friend of mine whom finish rm5k on a 1.3 campro doing the below job;
-high cam
-adjustable cam pulley
-4-2-1
-full engine ballancing

i drove his car and its almost no different from stock except for the super smoth revving till the redline.
the pickup is lower most probably due to setting of the pulley and the high cam.
if only he used that sum plus couple of hundred to install the sprintex supercharger kit with mamagement system.

btw,that 5k includes replacement of wear n tear item.

so,with the mod TS did wont return more power.it will free up hp at certain range of rev but wont increase ultimate power.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I help him share the chart again.

The graphs look erratic... the blue/green line is the final run. can see some spike towards the rev limit there. :hmmmm:

TS got no ACP for the high cams? It's not in the list.

Last edited:

khaiirrul97

Apr 10, 2017
As for the full details, i actually didnt get that info yet, as i bought this car through my sister friend, and i am being so annoying to my sister about asking the details until she totally ignored me hahahaha, so for now i dont know yet the full details on the spec, just recently bought this car, less than a week, so hmm, i just starting to know about cars so sorry if i am being so noob

khaiirrul97

Apr 10, 2017
Considering the new car is 110bhp on paper (probably 105 on wheel or less), 117 is seemingly low. But if you can show the graph more can be commented.
The graph is in my attachment, idk how to put it inside my message, sorry sifu all :/

khaiirrul97

Apr 10, 2017
i think u could reach higher peak hp if u use a muffler.. since now head port still stock.. i recommend u go for custom intake and porting job..
Yeah will definitely be on my list, now must kumpul duit first haha, thank you though for the tips

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As for the full details, i actually didnt get that info yet, as i bought this car through my sister friend, and i am being so annoying to my sister about asking the details until she totally ignored me hahahaha, so for now i dont know yet the full details on the spec, just recently bought this car, less than a week, so hmm����, i just starting to know about cars so sorry if i am being so noob��
Is okay, got to start some where. In no time, you will be modding more and more.......lol:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I help him share the chart again.

The graphs look erratic... the blue/green line is the final run. can see some spike towards the rev limit there. :hmmmm:

TS got no ACP for the high cams? It's not in the list.

Wow is there so many peaks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Having question, which alot people said that open pod was`t suitable on automatic transmission.
I have few numbers of friends installed open pod on their automatic myvi, vios, persona, accord, civic and 350z also having good result on performance increase.
Another weird answer from a friend with 350z roadster is better fuel consume after installing a long ram open pod + CAI with heat shield cover.

I`m currently going to do a short ram intake with heat shield cover for my 1.5l automatic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience