Emanage Blue Problem (4G93 SOHC)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I know I can but I'm scared later I adjust the settings suddenly the engine shut off again. So I'm just gonna let my mech do it. :burnout:
But your mechanic should have tuned it. I don't think he will just swap over without tuning.....:hmmmm:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
But your mechanic should have tuned it. I don't think he will just swap over without tuning.....:hmmmm:
He was still troubleshooting the emanage engine cut off problem. I think he just set the distributor to stock timing. Last time Ferlin advance the timing coz the previous distributor not enough juice. :bawling:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
He was still troubleshooting the emanage engine cut off problem. I think he just set the distributor to stock timing. Last time Ferlin advance the timing coz the previous distributor not enough juice. :bawling:
Nothing to do with Distributor whether got juice or not.....lol
Is the engine. If engine in fine health, stock timing is best, get good low and high. Engine not too good need to advance then get good low but suffer high end. My previous Honda 3 door timing was advance quite a lot, but those days running 97

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Nothing to do with Distributor whether got juice or not.....lol
Is the engine. If engine in fine health, stock timing is best, get good low and high. Engine not too good need to advance then get good low but suffer high end. My previous Honda 3 door timing was advance quite a lot, but those days running 97
I'm running on 97 oso. But my emanage i install the injector harness. Last time distributor kong and change new one same like this. I'm out ideas. Tomorrow go back workshop check, flush the TOYOTA atf oil and use back mitsu atf oil.

EDIT: If oversize valve and TB need to advance timing a bit right?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Update on the sluggishness. It seems that the Toyota T-IV ATF oil was the cause. Ignition timing also was slightly off coz the junior mech set the timing with timing light and plug in the ignition timing adjustment connector on the firewall. My mech said no need to plug in the connector coz we're not depending on the ECU, so just 'eyeball' the marking. LOL

Anyway, ignition timing was set to 15 degrees. After flush and change ATF to mitsubishi diaqueen, the car is now slightly getting back to it's original butt-dyno feel. No engine shut off so far. I might go back to GT Auto to ask if they can fix the CEL blinking problem and also do another tuning. :bawling:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Update on the sluggishness. It seems that the Toyota T-IV ATF oil was the cause. Ignition timing also was slightly off coz the junior mech set the timing with timing light and plug in the ignition timing adjustment connector on the firewall. My mech said no need to plug in the connector coz we're not depending on the ECU, so just 'eyeball' the marking. LOL

Anyway, ignition timing was set to 15 degrees. After flush and change ATF to mitsubishi diaqueen, the car is now slightly getting back to it's original butt-dyno feel. No engine shut off so far. I might go back to GT Auto to ask if they can fix the CEL blinking problem and also do another tuning. :bawling:
Experience mechanic vs Jr. a lot of difference. Last time my mechanic no timing light, unplug plug cable, plug in metal rod then place near car metal. Switch on car then adjust distributor till it spark. Start car rev to see response then fine tune. All manually....lol:burnout:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Experience mechanic vs Jr. a lot of difference. Last time my mechanic no timing light, unplug plug cable, plug in metal rod then place near car metal. Switch on car then adjust distributor till it spark. Start car rev to see response then fine tune. All manually....lol:burnout:
It is. Just now I asked the junior mech to add relay for my starter coz the starter sometimes empty click when start my car when engine is hot. Guess what, he forgot to tighten the battery terminal. LOL. Lucky I stop by to see a friend and noticed it when i wanna start my car to go back home. :banghead:

Another update, the car seems have some hesitation while accelerating at 3rd gear going to OD. I haven't had that since I swap my TB. :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , i wanna buy a manual sport car for weekend use . I am confuse to choose whether Rx8 or Toyota Celica.
i prefer rx8 much , but compare to maintanance . i always heard that rx8 got plenty of problem .
and celica is very easy to maintain . OF course if i buy rx8 i will buy the cheapest 2002 years car .10 years rotary engine . i always go long distance place . IS it many problem ? Hopefully some Sifu here get give me a clear comment .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience