Honda city 2014-2016 GM6 springs

mhdalef

Jan 18, 2015
Hi all. Im new with honda city. Just simple question. Any cons if change from stock spring to sport spring? It is going to disturb performance, absorber, lower arm, drive shaft?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all. Im new with honda city. Just simple question. Any cons if change from stock spring to sport spring? It is going to disturb performance, absorber, lower arm, drive shaft?

Thank you.

Performance: no impact.
Absorbers: may shorten the lifetime just a little bit.
Lower arm: no impact.
Drive shaft: no impact.

mhdalef

Jan 18, 2015
Performance: no impact.

Absorbers: may shorten the lifetime just a little bit.

Lower arm: no impact.

Drive shaft: no impact.

Oh i see. Thank you. Because before this im using myvi so when change to sport spring all those things is getting the cons. Anyway thanks again.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
depends on what sports springs. If ultra short APM Performax ones, it'll kill your long stroke absorbers pretty quickly if you ask me. Comfort will be extremely affected too.

And then there's the Eibach and Vogtland type of sports springs. They aren't that stiff, just short. So you'll still have boaty handling and will likely scrape lots of stuff if you carry people in your car.

Wanna lower your car best to do it right. Absorbers + springs or just go coilovers straight

mhdalef

Jan 18, 2015
depends on what sports springs. If ultra short APM Performax ones, it'll kill your long stroke absorbers pretty quickly if you ask me. Comfort will be extremely affected too.

And then there's the Eibach and Vogtland type of sports springs. They aren't that stiff, just short. So you'll still have boaty handling and will likely scrape lots of stuff if you carry people in your car.

Wanna lower your car best to do it right. Absorbers + springs or just go coilovers straight

Thanks man. [emoji4][emoji1360]

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I'm just using sport springs (Eibach, Tanabe, APEX) and have done so for many years, no complain whatsoever and never scrapes despite fully loaded. Perfect for poor blokes like me. :biggrin:

mhdalef

Jan 18, 2015
I'm just using sport springs (Eibach, Tanabe, APEX) and have done so for many years, no complain whatsoever and never scrapes despite fully loaded. Perfect for poor blokes like me. :biggrin:

[emoji4][emoji1360][emoji1362]

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Can someone list down the steps that I need to take when I wash and polish my car.
I got my new car last week and i noticed that there are some swirl marks as well as a hazy patch on the bonnet.

I was advised to polish the car, but I dont know if i should take it to a car detailing outfit or should i do it my self. $$ constraints :)

So, if i decide to DIY..can someone recomend me the products as well as the techniques that needs to be used.

Really appreciate the help. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience