Goodyear Wrangle Triplemax for Forester

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I remember Ixeo said a few times that continental tyre is rubbish. He was referring to the local made continental tyres.
same here , last time bough x-gear come with continental tyre too. Can see cracking at the side groove (looks like going to peel off piece by piece), after 1+ year driving. Cornering produce noise, but not the drive shaft thing.
TC sc fella check, found out noise is from tyre.
After that replace to xm2. OK dy.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
same here , last time bough x-gear come with continental tyre too. Can see cracking at the side groove (looks like going to peel off piece by piece), after 1+ year driving. Cornering produce noise, but not the drive shaft thing.
TC sc fella check, found out noise is from tyre.
After that replace to xm2. OK dy.
LOL, seems that only my friend is dumb enough to continue using continental on his 7 year old Grand Livina. Change tyres few months ago and still stick to same tyre. :rofl:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
LOL, seems that only my friend is dumb enough to continue using continental on his 7 year old Grand Livina. Change tyres few months ago and still stick to same tyre. :rofl:
Car safety come from many aspects.
Since tyre giving problem, cannot compromise already.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Car safety come from many aspects.
Since tyre giving problem, cannot compromise already.
Tyre is one of the most important points in safety. It is where the car keeps its contact and grip on road surface. I don't think it is a good idea to take risks on tyres.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Woah, so now you got 4 cars? Yours is the NA forester? CKD 2.0?

Seems like the stock continental tyres are not up to your standards. 5 months old and you changed it.
Yup, NA but would love the XT turbo model but out of budget.....lol:driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
dont let the tiggo negleted!

turn it into project suv...hahaha...extreme mudder+lift kit

i'm never been a fan of continental tyre strictly due to the fact their tyre range usually have thinner sidewal
Tiggo now daughter using. You know the Chery Transcom have same engine with turbo....hahhaha
but Tiggo 2WD only....:rolleyes:

Yup, my MC5 sidewall also 1 ply rating only. They are more comfortable over bumpy road, but more body roll, so got pros and cons. Even though wife likes comfort but she prefer a more stable ride especially driving a SUV that is higher up.....lol

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I remember Ixeo said a few times that continental tyre is rubbish. He was referring to the local made continental tyres.
No lah! Conti top end CSC5 and now 6 are in the top performance category, however friends did have sidewall crack issues on the CSC5 and many on the CSC3 that came with the PUG 308T. Even another friend local Passat with CSC3 also bugle and burst.
Mine were local MC5

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, NA but would love the XT turbo model but out of budget.....lol:driver:
Now this is the first AT car in your house. :biggrin:

Well, the Forester turbo today is probably not as powerful as the older Forester turbo like what pomen_GTR owned.

No lah! Conti top end CSC5 and now 6 are in the top performance category, however friends did have sidewall crack issues on the CSC5 and many on the CSC3 that came with the PUG 308T. Even another friend local Passat with CSC3 also bugle and burst.
Mine were local MC5
Those are not locally made isn't it?

Yalor, all "lang moon", in Cantonese no value cars.......lol:biggrin:
At least you have one excuse to keep these cars as long as you want. Can't sell, so just keep them. But I was sort of curious how did you find that Sonata manual? Did Hyundai Malaysia really offered such spec?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Now this is the first AT car in your house. :biggrin:

Well, the Forester turbo today is probably not as powerful as the older Forester turbo like what pomen_GTR owned.

Those are not locally made isn't it?

At least you have one excuse to keep these cars as long as you want. Can't sell, so just keep them. But I was sort of curious how did you find that Sonata manual? Did Hyundai Malaysia really offered such spec?
Nope, Chery is AT, Forester is CVT. XT turbo at least more power than VR.....lol

Higher end tyres from overseas, but CSC5 are from overseas, if not mistaken, so is CSC3, maybe now some will be local since got factory here.

Those are CBU model, they got 2.0L twin cam AT and 1.8L SOHC MT, after that the CKD model is the Sonata 5

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nope, Chery is AT, Forester is CVT. XT turbo at least more power than VR.....lol

Higher end tyres from overseas, but CSC5 are from overseas, if not mistaken, so is CSC3, maybe now some will be local since got factory here.

Those are CBU model, they got 2.0L twin cam AT and 1.8L SOHC MT, after that the CKD model is the Sonata 5
I thought your Chery is manual too. Forester's CVT also works like auto what. The XT turbo on international market had a lower output than what the Japanese get. I think the Japanese XT turbo gives out 296hp on that FA20 engine.

Continental's own factory or sime tyre factory?

You must have bought the Sonata really long ago. I don't think I have seen those anywhere other than that one lucky time which I encountered your car at PJ. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Do you guys know any good experience foreman that know how to do all the setup on adjustable suspension and arm. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience