Need advice on brake kit

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Duno about overheat uncle VR.
After bleed each time, drive normal like usual.
Just slight pressure will do. After few weeks...loss that feel d.
Will do full flush if can help.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just scare that your old fluid is dirty or contaminated......

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Can try adjust the brake pedal free play, that can help if your free play still a bit much. If already minimal then cannot. Changing brake hose with stainless braided ones also would help firm up the pedal feel a bit.

What brake fluids you use now? If still DOT3 then upgrade to DOT4 better.

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
How do you guys test your brakes? in terms of "bite"ness? Drive to 120 then sudden brake to 60?
I do think like I need to bleed my brakes... Cause i stepped 1-2cm into the pedal still did not feel like it's biting unless i step further down..

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Normally if worn and pedals sinks, I rather change the pump. Most pumps nowadays are made of aluminum and they are soft and wears easily. The seals wears the pump wall will wear also. I did once changing the seals only lasted a few months.....lol

How the windscreen, yesterday got rain, right?
True also especially the wall if the bore have scoring wear, no point changing seals d hahaha. The windscreen is very good now :top: heavy down pour , wiper turn on 1st speed only hahah remaining droplets will get blow away :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
How do you guys test your brakes? in terms of "bite"ness? Drive to 120 then sudden brake to 60?
I do think like I need to bleed my brakes... Cause i stepped 1-2cm into the pedal still did not feel like it's biting unless i step further down..
Going up and down Genting? :biggrin:
Ok seriously now, just normal to medium braking first then test hard braking until ABS got activated, not necessarily at very high speeds though. If no ABS cars then don't do such hard high speeds braking coz you might loose control as it skids.

1-2cm seems too much, maybe you got too much pedal free play, normally just a few mm of free play. If you press the pedal a little bit, does the brake light comes on already?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
i think i borrow this thread to ask. Keep playing in my mind.
I ask before about brake pads.

My case. Wira gsrt, no mods, stock (all disc brake, single port). Brake been bleed couple of times. After bleed feel much better.
Few weeks later, pressing the brake pedal. Back to same old feeling, not much braking power. Press 2-3 time only can feel the hard feeling. Brake pads not worn out. No hydraulic oil leaked.

Need advice. Problem at Brake hose ? Brake caliper becos single port ? Brake pads ? Brake servo ?
From what you have described, it seems that there's very small amount of air keeps getting into your brake system. That's why a few days after doing bleeding, you start losing braking power. It happened to me before, took me a few months to find the cause. I went to several workshops, changed everything, the brake hoses, pads, pump, servo, abs modulator, everything, but I still gradually losing braking power over a week after bleeding. I finally found the leak in the connector between hard brake line and brake hose, in the wheel arch.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bite also depends on the pads used. Usually Soft or entry level bites when cold, but cannot withstand too high a heat range. Mid pads requires a little heating up, bites better when warm and can withstand higher temperature and racing pads works best when hot but do not bite well when cold, However nowadays pads are getting better and there are pads that bites well in cold and even better when hot....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Do you think this engine oil is just really that bad? I thinking to use but after i saw a friend post this then i think i better you more branded engine oil. my service is coming soon also 0.o

The post too long so here is the story just share: Click Below can read.
Engine Up Engine Oil Sucks! Nearly damage my car!!!!!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience