Standard absorber

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
How is your suspension setup now?
Just sharing my still painful experience. I was on TEIN HR, rear passengers were pooping at the back seat because the suspension was so hard that they would hit the roof when road condition is bad. So I got a set of Mitsu KYB with lowered spring from halfcut, it was super soft and always bottomed up, I guess I'd damage it in no time like that. After much back and forth ding dong with 2 different suspensions now i am running a weird setup: TEIN HR front and soft KYB rear. The surprise i got, it is out of my expectation because it handles so well but without the bumpiness, and the tendency of understeer has disappeared all together. The soft rear suspension really makes a difference here to overall ride comfort. No more constant complaint from the rear passengers and very nice handling on the highway run. A stop gap measure. As I was looking or rather pondering to replace my ride, i think this setup does the job just well for now. Anyway, I like the TEIN more if not because of my passengers. :biggrin:
I thought suspension cannot differ by more then 25% between them. If yours are super hard front and super soft rears the difference must be a lot.....:smokin:
Such setup usually should cause heavy understeer. Strange that you mentioned the opposite. :hmmmm:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
just to update, I have found the perfect combination.. finally..

currently, I'm still on DD suspension, came with when I bought the car.
from 12k & 8K
to 8k 6K
and finally, 8k 4k

so far, its giving me the comfort and the handling that I want.
tyre is 225 45 17, not bad, pretty sexy.
1 finger front, 2 finger rear.

a reference to those who wanted the best of the 2 world, of course, this is my preference, may not be suitable for everyone.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
just to update, I have found the perfect combination.. finally..

currently, I'm still on DD suspension, came with when I bought the car.
from 12k & 8K
to 8k 6K
and finally, 8k 4k

so far, its giving me the comfort and the handling that I want.
tyre is 225 45 17, not bad, pretty sexy.
1 finger front, 2 finger rear.

a reference to those who wanted the best of the 2 world, of course, this is my preference, may not be suitable for everyone.
Good then. Those are coupled with std anti-roll bars or some aftermarket ones?

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Good then. Those are coupled with std anti-roll bars or some aftermarket ones?
oh, aftermarket. currently using eibach anti roll bar, think was 21mm for front and 19mm for rear.

does it make a difference?
seriously, I don't feel anything.. I felt this is one of the worst upgrade I ever paid for..

along with the stiff ring..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
oh, aftermarket. currently using eibach anti roll bar, think was 21mm for front and 19mm for rear.

seriously, I don't feel anything.. I felt this is one of the worst upgrade I ever paid for..

What were the original anti-roll bar thickness? Thicker anti-roll bars would help during cornering as it minimize the body roll (hence the name) making the car corner more flat but not during the straight.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

me running 22mm front and 23mm rear....hahahahaha...still i crave for more.....but for current driving pattern (more daily drive than out having fun, family comfort still ok)

probably u didnt drive your car very hard in corners to notice what was the differences between stock arb and bigger arb

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
me running 22mm front and 23mm rear....hahahahaha...still i crave for more.....but for current driving pattern (more daily drive than out having fun, family comfort still ok)

probably u didnt drive your car very hard in corners to notice what was the differences between stock arb and bigger arb
On which car is that? The handling must become quite pointy with so thick one at the rear/even thicker than the front, is it? Rally driver preference for oversteer I suppose. :biggrin:

Yeah think so too, if you corner normal2 only then you won't feel the difference coz not enough g-force to make the car roll more and you also won't feel the difference in handling whether it becomes more neutral, more understeer, or more oversteer compared to the previous stock setup.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
What were the original anti-roll bar thickness? Thicker anti-roll bars would help during cornering as it minimize the body roll (hence the name) making the car corner more flat but not during the straight.
think for stock perdana, was only 19mm and 17mm?
not sure..

yeah, I don't hard corner when drive perdana..
for savvy, I would as its very road holding..

perdana always give me the floating experience

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey petrol heads,
Toying with the idea of getting a peugeot 406.What japanese engine can i plonk in without changing the mountings?If not then my other option would be to BOT.If i do that would i need a standalone ECU or can i piggy bag with emanage or something similar.Hope some forumers or mechs who are familiar with these setup can advise me.thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience