Absorber recommendation

supernt

Jun 15, 2016
KL
Hi,

Could someone recommend any good/reliable replacement absorbers for FD1? My budget is below 2k unfortunately.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
OEM? See if Sachs make absorbers for it. Best OEM replacements ever.

supernt

Jun 15, 2016
KL
OEM? See if Sachs make absorbers for it. Best OEM replacements ever.
There is for Civic FD.

Personally, would you go for Sachs absorbers or AR Racing adjustable (high/low) with body shift? Both new, price difference only about 400-500 inclusive of installation and alignment.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There is for Civic FD.

Personally, would you go for Sachs absorbers or AR Racing adjustable (high/low) with body shift? Both new, price difference only about 400-500 inclusive of installation and alignment.
That you got to answer it yourself. The two are actually not comparable.
One is OEM replacement, meaning a balanced ride between comfort and performance for daily commute.
The other is fully adjustable meaning you can lower, raise, tune the damping rate and so on, however the ride is much more harsh (hard and bumpy) even if you set it soft, unless you take the lightest spring rate but to me still will not have the comfort of OEM.
So, set your priorities and go for the one that suits you.....:driver:

supernt

Jun 15, 2016
KL
That you got to answer it yourself. The two are actually not comparable.
One is OEM replacement, meaning a balanced ride between comfort and performance for daily commute.
The other is fully adjustable meaning you can lower, raise, tune the damping rate and so on, however the ride is much more harsh (hard and bumpy) even if you set it soft, unless you take the lightest spring rate but to me still will not have the comfort of OEM.
So, set your priorities and go for the one that suits you.....:driver:
Absolutely :biggrin:

What about Tokico vs Sachs?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

If aftermarket vs aftermarket they are about the same. Just whether which more durable but then there are pros and cons as some will say A better, some will say B better......hahhaa:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Personally having tried Sachs, be prepared for Sachs to be harder than OEM. I don't know about Tokico but last time Sachs in my wira was waaaaaaaay harder than Monroe reflex and all.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I've used: KYB, APM, GAB SA, GAB SS. And I choose SACHS. Izso is right, its firmer, but I installed it on a boat, so due to its firmer ride, the boat floats less, but it still floats.

Habis cerita. You either get REAL coil overs (no GAB SS aren't real, I'm talking about Ohlins or Bilstein), or just stick to SACHS which is OEM replacement.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey stanley,

does titan sell coilover kit which consist of coilover sleeves, nuts, upper hat?
coilover sleeves is 51mm ID..

if u do have,..what is the sleeves made out of? and what's the height of the sleeves? price is good too...
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience