ZTH sifu related to car industries, anyway?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
New cars got OBDs, just plug-in and diagnose the sys and sub-sys.
Old skool sifu playing with carbs are becoming dying breed.
Yup, correct. Like my mechanic is dying breed. He already in his 60's, there are a few carb kakis still look for him. My 3rd car was with Webers mod and tuned by him....:driver:

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

that is the problem in Malaysia.......workshops keep opening while majority send their cars out for repair seldom bothered about qualification and competency of the mechanics.

Are the quality of mechanics improving quick enuf as we wanted them to be? I think cars are getting more hi tech, that is obvious....
But nowadays less repairs already. Diagnosis then change the whole part, unlike those days can be taken apart then change the faulty things only, and then fit whole thing back.... :smokin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Even though with advance tech and shorter time for repair, the skill of mechanics in diagnose car problems is slowly decline....

Also, are we going toward the "busted, so it throw-away" society?? Most mechanics today suggest swapping whatever whenever parts are faulty. The skill of repair isn't there anymore. Lazy? short-cut thinking? Trend? Perhaps it isn't economical and time worthy to repair something that is petty while kedai potong are easily available.

I agree with bro vr2turbo. Some faulty items can be repaired at all, as the items are sealed or integrated, thus fixing it is out of the question. Once broken, throw everything away.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually some PCB can repair but troublesome. So much easier just to change the whole part but to some who knows how to repair, they repair the damaged one and sell to next customer......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Actually some PCB can repair but troublesome. So much easier just to change the whole part but to some who knows how to repair, they repair the damaged one and sell to next customer......lol
Change new part for customer first. After that, take the damaged part and repair during free time. Later sell back as halfcut part. :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
earning twice from one business

Provided that the PCB is salvagable....not burnt to crisp.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
alot of these new fangled mechs rely too heavily on their diagnostics tools.... when it comes to manual troubleshoting times... habis, some macam blur blur.... (not all, some)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
alot of these new fangled mechs rely too heavily on their diagnostics tools.... when it comes to manual troubleshoting times... habis, some macam blur blur.... (not all, some)
Sometimes really cannot help, cars are being built that way. CEL comes on, sure need diagnostic tool dy, but some skill mechanics can sometimes tell what is wrong. Diagnostic tool is to confirm but for some is required....:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I sometimes respect those unker fixing car at roadside workshop. They fixed so many types of cars japs, conti, korean, etc, faced so many diff problems in their line of work. Compared to say, Toyota mechanics at 3S, die die fixing toyota only.....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I sometimes respect those unker fixing car at roadside workshop. They fixed so many types of cars japs, conti, korean, etc, faced so many diff problems in their line of work. Compared to say, Toyota mechanics at 3S, die die fixing toyota only.....
Exactly, like my mechanic not only repair different brand/make of cars, but he does vans and even light lorries, Carb and Fuel injection and my turbo too.....:driver::biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The mechanic that I went to is a friend of my grandfather. His workplace really is what they call those bengkel bawa pokok kind of workshop. Still, he is experienced, does overhaul and he even knows how to fix light lorries. He even said that during his younger days, he fixes V8 engines from old Range Rover when he is working at some large factory.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The mechanic that I went to is a friend of my grandfather. His workplace really is what they call those bengkel bawa pokok kind of workshop. Still, he is experienced, does overhaul and he even knows how to fix light lorries. He even said that during his younger days, he fixes V8 engines from old Range Rover when he is working at some large factory.
Sounds like he same era as my mechanic.....hhahhahahah

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I am into business development and marketing, has nothing to do with car related industries at all. Automotive is my third life after weight lifting and live like normal human being.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody can comment about this workshop? the one in sunway mas. in term of price, service and workmanship. any good?
heard a lot of good stories

tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience