Best oil for B-series engine

MrSpoon

Feb 25, 2016
Terengganu
Salam n hi to all hondarian@ZTH..
Anyone can suggest me for the best oil for B-Series engine?
Currently using B18Cr engine on my EK 4 door.
Usually use my car for long distance trip (700km) every 2 weeks.

Already tried Shell HX5 15w-40...good performance at first but kinda quick to burn.
Also ENEOS 15w-40...performance drop drastically,so i think its bad.

So,anyone who use B-Series engine can suggest any best oil?

Thanks in advance.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Shell HX5 15w-40 is a mineral oil. Even Eneos 15w-40 is mineral oil. Probably you should try any branded Semi Synthetic 10w-40. If you are burning oil, your engine may have problem.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang

Already tried Shell HX5 15w-40...good performance at first but kinda quick to burn.

Thanks in advance.
How about thinner 5w-30 fully synthethic viscosity oil? I am sure Honda recommended the 30 weight oils for their B series performance engines.

MrSpoon

Feb 25, 2016
Terengganu
yeah..i think my engine got minor problem because i can detect small amount of oil leaking..thinking about going for top overhaul soon. :banghead:
but before that, i need to change oil first for my next trip.. (cargo from sarawak > klang)

so,30 weight is not recommended for now yes?because of that minor problem?

vr2turbo,mind to share what is the good brand of 10w-40 semi synthetic oil? :tongue:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
MrSpoon,
U may try MOTUL either Semi-synth , Fully-synth or Easter.
Nothing special about this brand just a good quality product.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Thanks in advance.

go find Lucas Oil fully syn series (race oil)...much better than motul 300v

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
There aren't really any best oil for specific engines. Just suitable thin/thickness for the condition of the engine. As so, mineral grade were never meant to be performance promising.

Leakage and piston ring worn are common contributor for oil reduction.

So what is the current mileage? Has the engine ever gone through any built/overhaul ?

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
Try Moty's M111 5W-40 engine oil. Daily usage with city driving and highways within Klang Valley, sometimes I clock 1000km+ on my FD2R within a week and the oil level is still alright. Asked my mechanic/tuner about this engine oil and once he told me it's highly recommended by J'S Racing, I straight away changed my gear oil to this brand as well.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There aren't really any best oil for specific engines. Just suitable thin/thickness for the condition of the engine. As so, mineral grade were never meant to be performance promising.

So what is the current mileage? Has the engine ever gone through any built/overhaul ?
Like bro. Ken mentioned, play with the viscosity. If you rebuild the engine by all means can use 30 weight, but since worn no need FS oil. SS will be good enough. For me if SS, a good brand will do. Mobil, Pennzoil, Petronas etc...many brands:driver:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i use caltex 10w40 on my B16A...which i use for track days. very happy with it.

recommended to me by a friend of mine who runs his B18CR on track too... and he has high comp 82mm forged pistons with skunk2 cams running abour 200whp

recommended to him by his mechanic whos cars has been on MSS podiums about 3 times.

minimal engine oil loss during track days.

MrSpoon

Feb 25, 2016
Terengganu

current mileage is 534445..as long as i know,this car never gone through any overhaul yet..
n of course the mileage is include original engine run before i installed this engine 2 years back..

Try Moty's M111 5W-40 engine oil. Daily usage with city driving and highways within Klang Valley, sometimes I clock 1000km+ on my FD2R within a week and the oil level is still alright. Asked my mechanic/tuner about this engine oil and once he told me it's highly recommended by J'S Racing, I straight away changed my gear oil to this brand as well.
where can i get this oil?i will add this to my prefered oil list..

i use caltex 10w40 on my B16A...which i use for track days. very happy with it.

recommended to me by a friend of mine who runs his B18CR on track too... and he has high comp 82mm forged pistons with skunk2 cams running abour 200whp

recommended to him by his mechanic whos cars has been on MSS podiums about 3 times.

minimal engine oil loss during track days.
i will add this to my list as well..

MrSpoon

Feb 25, 2016
Terengganu
Get something easily available rather then go hunting for it.......
Yeah..already check with the moty's malaysia. Its hard to get at my place unless by postage,so i dont bother to use it,maybe next time.
Gonna check with caltex today tho.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Pentagon Enterprise, Jln Sungei Besi. Look for Chris.
I'll looking forward to this on my next service,but not now because kinda hard to get it here (sarawak)..when my car at johor next month,hoping will be easier to get it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My door actuator sometimes not working and i'm think to diy changing the door actuator(driver door actuator). I went to 1U Eneos to buy the door actuator but i found out there are 2 types of door actuator (2 wires and 5 wires door actuator). Which one to buy:confused_smile: ???Pls help me......thanks.....:regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience