Tire Price list Zth

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hankook V12 I was told was RM300 a piece. Mytayar.com is online shop, still need to pay a bit to have them installed so RM300 is average price.

Almost bought the Rovelo A1 Sport, the supposed top-of-the-line Rovelo tyre range which isn't really much to shout about for RM230 a piece excluding the tube (rubber RM5 a piece). But after some discussion I ended up with the Nexen AU5 215/45/17

Regret like hell.

Soft sidewalls means a 5% improvement in comfort (which isn't much), it's noticeably softer but not significant enough for the family to notice. What I personally notice is how it affects movement of the car. I notice the response time to accelerate and brake for the tyre is slower compared to my Goodyear Assymetric2 tyres. Fail la. Next time I'm buying hard sidewall tyres. Screw comfort. 5% not worth the RM288 per tyre I paid in the end (including GST).

I'm also guessing I won't like the V12 as well since it's a soft sidewall tyre too. But grip wise the AU5 is quite good in wet and dry, not as good as the Assy2 since I'm hitting the limits of grip much faster but it does grip quite well. Comparing the AU5 (RM288) with a RM460 tyre isn't really fair I guess.

Must work harder so I can afford better tyres in future. Oh and all 4 rims need minor repairs. Not affecting the balancing but all visibly bent a bit. Sigh.

Dammit.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You get what you paid for loh......hhahahhahahha

Like my GT Radial HPY, at that time 340 against Asy2 460, the grip in dry and wet is pretty good but 70 to 80% to Asy2 performance so to pay 340 about same as you get what you paid for.....hahhahaha

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hankook V12 I was told was RM300 a piece. Mytayar.com is online shop, still need to pay a bit to have them installed so RM300 is average price.

Almost bought the Rovelo A1 Sport, the supposed top-of-the-line Rovelo tyre range which isn't really much to shout about for RM230 a piece excluding the tube (rubber RM5 a piece). But after some discussion I ended up with the Nexen AU5 215/45/17

Regret like hell.

Soft sidewalls means a 5% improvement in comfort (which isn't much), it's noticeably softer but not significant enough for the family to notice. What I personally notice is how it affects movement of the car. I notice the response time to accelerate and brake for the tyre is slower compared to my Goodyear Assymetric2 tyres. Fail la. Next time I'm buying hard sidewall tyres. Screw comfort. 5% not worth the RM288 per tyre I paid in the end (including GST).

I'm also guessing I won't like the V12 as well since it's a soft sidewall tyre too. But grip wise the AU5 is quite good in wet and dry, not as good as the Assy2 since I'm hitting the limits of grip much faster but it does grip quite well. Comparing the AU5 (RM288) with a RM460 tyre isn't really fair I guess.

Must work harder so I can afford better tyres in future. Oh and all 4 rims need minor repairs. Not affecting the balancing but all visibly bent a bit. Sigh.

Dammit.
The V12E2 should be much better than the Nexen. That tire goes up against those top line Goodyear F1s, Michelin PS series, CSC etc2 and able to match or even beat them on occasions at fraction of the price. If that online quote gives rm300, then if really ask around shops, you might get even cheaper and matching the Nexen price already.

Btw for you is the F1 sidewall also feels soft? Coz manny of those top UHP tires also considered to have somewhat soft sidewalls like the F1 & PS3.

How come all 4 rims bent already leh? Then you need thicker tires actually. Want to buy my 17' Prodrive? :biggrin: I'm thinking to switch to 18'...

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

You get what you paid for loh......hhahahhahahha

Like my GT Radial HPY, at that time 340 against Asy2 460, the grip in dry and wet is pretty good but 70 to 80% to Asy2 performance so to pay 340 about same as you get what you paid for.....hahhahaha
He should've bought this GT Radial HPY if want stiffer sidewall right?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The V12E2 should be much better than the Nexen. That tire goes up against those top line Goodyear F1s, Michelin PS series, CSC etc2 and able to match or even beat them on occasions at fraction of the price. If that online quote gives rm300, then if really ask around shops, you might get even cheaper and matching the Nexen price already.

Btw for you is the F1 sidewall also feels soft? Coz manny of those top UHP tires also considered to have somewhat soft sidewalls like the F1 & PS3.

How come all 4 rims bent already leh? Then you need thicker tires actually. Want to buy my 17' Prodrive? :biggrin: I'm thinking to switch to 18'...

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

He should've bought this GT Radial HPY if want stiffer sidewall right?
I was about to poison him with the V12E2 but he back out last minute and wanted something cheap below 300. So I say Rovelo sports A1 is the cheapest at 230, mana tau he choose Nexen for more comfort....hhahahha

GT radial HPY over 300.....lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Prodrive rims? Those aren't PCD100 x 4. Can't la.

And V12 is soft sidewall, I've driven a car with it in the past and I wasn't too impressed or disappointed. But different size means the impression isn't really accurate.

Assy2 sidewall imho was hard. Not as hard as the RSR, but hard nonetheless.

And I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with the slow response from the tyres everytime I accelerate. It's bad enough the CVT is rubber-band-ish and now it's further held back by these tyres. Ish.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Ahhhhhh...V12E2 soft side wall ah??? No good ah??

Previously had a long talk with bro VR about this:biggrin::biggrin:. Got my mind set on the V12E2. Now i read this....Back to my indecisiveness state.......HOW LA?!?!?!?!:frown::frown::afraid::afraid:

Looking for 235/40/18. Klang quote me RM350 per piece for this size.....

So any other recommendation?

And can anyone share how do you know if a particular tyre has soft or hard sidewalls??? Any indication or numbering to look out for?

Last edited:

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
What about Bridgestone Potenza RE070 225/40R 18" or Bridgestone Potenza S001 225/40R 18"?

Bridgestone Potenza RE070
Handles the corners very well and nice to drive high speed during dry weather. Need to be a lil bit cautious while driving during rainy weather. Of course gotta compromise between comfort and handling. Been looking for these but can't find it anywhere around the Klang Valley area.

Changed to Bridgestone Potenza S001 a few years ago and handles the corners quite okay but not as well as Bridgestone Potenza RE070. Got a stiff sidewall but not as hard RE070. Not bothered about comfort since I'm more worried about handling.

Had it replaced with Nitto Invo a year ago. Big regret on buying these tires. No choice that time because of budget was tight that time.

Looking for tires that perform like Bridgestone Potenza RE070 right now.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Prodrive rims? Those aren't PCD100 x 4. Can't la.

And V12 is soft sidewall, I've driven a car with it in the past and I wasn't too impressed or disappointed. But different size means the impression isn't really accurate.

Assy2 sidewall imho was hard. Not as hard as the RSR, but hard nonetheless.

And I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with the slow response from the tyres everytime I accelerate. It's bad enough the CVT is rubber-band-ish and now it's further held back by these tyres. Ish.
You need performance tyres lah! Cannot go for cheap comfort tyres.....lol:rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Pump 40PSI !

Rovelo sports A1 sidewall is soft too right?
Hard sidewall with correct pressure against soft sidewall with high air pressure is totally different.
Even though hard sidewall, if with correct pressure you still can compress the tyres means still have a little comfort. Soft sidewall with high pressure for cornering, will be pretty bad in the straight bumpy route, Izso will curse more.....hhahahhahah

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Ahhhhhh...V12E2 soft side wall ah??? No good ah??

Previously had a long talk with bro VR about this:biggrin::biggrin:. Got my mind set on the V12E2. Now i read this....Back to my indecisiveness state.......HOW LA?!?!?!?!:frown::frown::afraid::afraid:

Looking for 235/40/18. Klang quote me RM350 per piece for this size.....

So any other recommendation?

And can anyone share how do you know if a particular tyre has soft or hard sidewalls??? Any indication or numbering to look out for?
Bro., 40 series what soft sidewall you talking about.....hhahahhahahahha:rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What about Bridgestone Potenza RE070 225/40R 18" or Bridgestone Potenza S001 225/40R 18"?

Bridgestone Potenza RE070
Handles the corners very well and nice to drive high speed during dry weather. Need to be a lil bit cautious while driving during rainy weather. Of course gotta compromise between comfort and handling. Been looking for these but can't find it anywhere around the Klang Valley area.

Changed to Bridgestone Potenza S001 a few years ago and handles the corners quite okay but not as well as Bridgestone Potenza RE070. Got a stiff sidewall but not as hard RE070. Not bothered about comfort since I'm more worried about handling.

Had it replaced with Nitto Invo a year ago. Big regret on buying these tires. No choice that time because of budget was tight that time.

Looking for tires that perform like Bridgestone Potenza RE070 right now.
RE-S001 are max performance tyres like RE-050, RE-S03 and 04 pole position, but whereas RE-070 are extreme tyres, same as RE-11 or Yoko AD-08, so they are of different class.

Which Nitto model you change to? For Extreme have to be NT-05R or NT-01, Max are NT-05 and the rest like Invo, NT555 and Neogen are just normal UHP tyres only

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Errrrmmmmm:confused::confused: I am not very good with tyres....Bro VR...Can elaborate ah?? 40 series means the tyre has hard sidewall? :confused::confused:
40 series means you will have thinner sidewall, lower profile. The lower you go sidewall needs to be harder to prevent rims from damage.....:driver:

The series or sidewall profile of the tyres are calculated as follows:
So your tyre size 235/40R18 means your width is 235mm width, the sidewall is 235 x 40% = 94mm
If use 225/45R18, means tyre width is 225mm and sidewall is 225 x 45% = 101.25mm
225/45 tyre already have a thicker sidewall of 101.25mm compared to your 94mm of 235/40.....

Sidewall profile are for upgrade to larger rims, hence the tyre needs to have lower profile to compensate back to original overall diameter, meaning the larger the rims, the sidewall will become thinner and thinner. Means if you upgrade to 19" you may need 35 series.....lol

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Congratulations all listed drivers!, The Hall of Fame has finally been released. The scoreboard represents Time to Attack: Sepang Round 1. Feast your eyes on what could be the only Time Attack scoreboard for the Sepang Circuit.

Do take note that this Hall Of Fame is not perfect. It will be set in a proper artwork once we finalize the statistics. Until then, the Hall of Fame continues to be revised...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience