Standard absorber

Zeroshift

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Btw, I recently re-did my absorbers at PRS and it's now setup as "comfort sport". Bloody awesome!
Hi Izso, PRS does only oem shock and their shock? Or they do for other brands as well?

Looking to rebuild my dampers...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi Izso, PRS does only oem shock and their shock? Or they do for other brands as well?

Looking to rebuild my dampers...
They rebuild (to their specifications) any absorbers you give them. Different ones cost slightly different due to the parts differences. Like Teins cost more than HWLs to rebuild.

My 'stock' absorbers weren't stock, they were green and CSL or something like that. Forgot the brand. They broke open the seal, did what they do for the internals (a company secret so done behind closed doors, I didn't see) and resealed with a removable plate and screws. So basically what I paid was RM250 (1 absorber) to rebuild and make it serviceable.

Zeroshift

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
They rebuild (to their specifications) any absorbers you give them. Different ones cost slightly different due to the parts differences. Like Teins cost more than HWLs to rebuild.

My 'stock' absorbers weren't stock, they were green and CSL or something like that. Forgot the brand. They broke open the seal, did what they do for the internals (a company secret so done behind closed doors, I didn't see) and resealed with a removable plate and screws. So basically what I paid was RM250 (1 absorber) to rebuild and make it serviceable.
I see..meaning they can even modify the abs and not just to servicing. Great..

Might give them a call and see what can they do for my current shocks.

Thanks.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah. Quite cheap, paid sgd150 for 4 of them. DOM 1914. Purchased in Feb 2015

Then the car no suspension? I want to send rim for respray also no time
Wah! You already purchased the tyres one year ago?

Take suspension and wheels out send for service and repair, use other car first.....hhahhahaha:driver:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Wah! You already purchased the tyres one year ago?

Take suspension and wheels out send for service and repair, use other car first.....hhahhahaha:driver:
Not me lah, my friend aka the seller.

I already given up hope on the suspension part..
It's not that serious..

Wanna ask, I notice my engine will stall when approaching to stop at traffic light.
Once the engine stall, I can't control the car nor can step brake.
Was told it was a norm for evo engine, I have to keep revving the engine to keep it alive.
Already told my mechanic to increase the idling speed, hopefully can prevent the stalling.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
bro, engine stall different thread. Unless u want me to rename this thread title?
Rename, problems with my perdana.....lol

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Not me lah, my friend aka the seller.

I already given up hope on the suspension part..
It's not that serious..

Wanna ask, I notice my engine will stall when approaching to stop at traffic light.
Once the engine stall, I can't control the car nor can step brake.
Was told it was a norm for evo engine, I have to keep revving the engine to keep it alive.
Already told my mechanic to increase the idling speed, hopefully can prevent the stalling.
Anyway, short answer. Engine stall, no more power steering and no more vacuum assist for the brakes, that is why steering heavy so hard to control, and no more vacuum assist means brake got to step harder....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
engine stall...service your throttle body and check for intercooler piping/vaccum hose leak....or probably BOV leak

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
bro, engine stall different thread. Unless u want me to rename this thread title?
Haha, better don't. Start too many threads, people like vr2turbo will think it's me, not the car. Thanks for the offer.

Rename, problems with my perdana.....lol

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Anyway, short answer. Engine stall, no more power steering and no more vacuum assist for the brakes, that is why steering heavy so hard to control, and no more vacuum assist means brake got to step harder....:driver:
Sure or not, stall still can step brake?
I'm on braided hose, jam brake also no use. . Had to use hand brake..

People pull hand brake to drill while I use handbrake to stop

engine stall...service your throttle body and check for intercooler piping/vaccum hose leak....or probably BOV leak
Yeah. Just send my car for full body check up.

Found a few leaks, drive shaft broken again. .
The mechanic, who is a friend of mine. Shared that he had replaced something that will remove the stalling part.

Actually I have this problem for a year since I got the car, it will stall when low idle especially approaching traffic light.

It's probably me, I'm not used to turbo car.. hopefully with the visit to the doctor. Car should be ok by then.

Probably will drive from johor to ipoh then alor star.
Thinking of crossing the border, show off to the thai. :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sure or not, stall still can step brake?
I'm on braided hose, jam brake also no use. . Had to use hand brake..

People pull hand brake to drill while I use handbrake to stop
As mentioned once stalled no more vacuum assist for the brakes, so need to step much harder to brake

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
btw if stalled still can press the brake...but need to push the brake paddle harder... (wasnt that hard for me actually thanks to experience in driving ol-school car with no brake booster and no power steering) :driver:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
How is your suspension setup now?
Just sharing my still painful experience. I was on TEIN HR, rear passengers were pooping at the back seat because the suspension was so hard that they would hit the roof when road condition is bad. So I got a set of Mitsu KYB with lowered spring from halfcut, it was super soft and always bottomed up, I guess I'd damage it in no time like that. After much back and forth ding dong with 2 different suspensions now i am running a weird setup: TEIN HR front and soft KYB rear. The surprise i got, it is out of my expectation because it handles so well but without the bumpiness, and the tendency of understeer has disappeared all together. The soft rear suspension really makes a difference here to overall ride comfort. No more constant complaint from the rear passengers and very nice handling on the highway run. A stop gap measure. As I was looking or rather pondering to replace my ride, i think this setup does the job just well for now. Anyway, I like the TEIN more if not because of my passengers. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought suspension cannot differ by more then 25% between them. If yours are super hard front and super soft rears the difference must be a lot.....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, I'm planning to do 1.3 piston conversion to my 1.6 campro.

The workshop guy said he needs to open the block to check and see if there is any freeplay of the pistons, if so, the block needs to be rebored either 0.5 to 1mm.

Is it safe to rebore block? Or is it even safe to bump the compression of my campro? thanks guys :adore:

Can increase compression without management ma?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience