Need help from Neo members

Zack Zikry

From Facebook
Oct 2, 2011
Selangor
www.facebook.com
Re: Perlukan otai2 neo untuk membantu

Try locking in 3rd and drive. See can reach red line or not. If can, then only switch to D and see if you can go higher speed.....

Yup, i can reach red line in gear 3, but not in D :(

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Try locking in 3rd and drive. See can reach red line or not. If can, then only switch to D and see if you can go higher speed.....

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Yup, agree that the engine do not require higher Ron will be a waste of money....:driver:

Yes, i can reach redline in 3rd gear at 145++kmh but not in D

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

Usually what is advertised in the brochure is a bit optimistic under ideal conditions. Or maybe its a theoretical top speed. Wind speed and direction plays a huge role as vehicle speed increases. Also weight. And if the engine is tired, a little bit of compression loss has significant effects.

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006

Hi TS,

am using a neo but the manual one...the top speed that u achieve is normal for neo auto...so dun be sad...if u thinking to gain more topspeed that means u need to spend like hell lot of money...a fren of mine modded his neo campro auto and the result are not to his liking...some of the manuals with simple mod can outrun his modded campro auto...finally he got himself a manual tranny...

simple mod to make ur auto campro feels more power
drop in air filter
bored or change the TB
get CPS injector and a better fuel rail
better plugs
lightened crank pulley
a good set of extractor (tuned length) from reputable brand
a must have ATF cooler
downsize the rims / suggested 15" with 195/50 or 55 for more comfortable daily drive

and by doing the above, u can feel better throttle response wit minimal impact to the topspeed...to gain more top u have to mod the engine...

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Yup, i can reach red line in gear 3, but not in D :(

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Yes, i can reach redline in 3rd gear at 145++kmh but not in D

where do u live bro?

Zack Zikry

From Facebook
Oct 2, 2011
Selangor
www.facebook.com

Hi TS,

am using a neo but the manual one...the top speed that u achieve is normal for neo auto...so dun be sad...if u thinking to gain more topspeed that means u need to spend like hell lot of money...a fren of mine modded his neo campro auto and the result are not to his liking...some of the manuals with simple mod can outrun his modded campro auto...finally he got himself a manual tranny...

simple mod to make ur auto campro feels more power
drop in air filter
bored or change the TB
get CPS injector and a better fuel rail
better plugs
lightened crank pulley
a good set of extractor (tuned length) from reputable brand
a must have ATF cooler
downsize the rims / suggested 15" with 195/50 or 55 for more comfortable daily drive

and by doing the above, u can feel better throttle response wit minimal impact to the topspeed...to gain more top u have to mod the engine...

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

where do u live bro?

Thanks for explanation, I lived in subang.
A minimal of increasing topspeed? 180kmh-200kmh?

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006

Thanks for explanation, I lived in subang.
A minimal of increasing topspeed? 180kmh-200kmh?
maybe 165-170kmh or maybe no diffrence at all...

u need more horse to gain more topseed + the auto are not helping much...by changing to manual and it gonna cost u about rm2-3k u can maybe get 190-210kmh n thats the top for manual campro 1.6 neo in stock standard...

Zack Zikry

From Facebook
Oct 2, 2011
Selangor
www.facebook.com

maybe 165-170kmh or maybe no diffrence at all...

u need more horse to gain more topseed + the auto are not helping much...by changing to manual and it gonna cost u about rm2-3k u can maybe get 190-210kmh n thats the top for manual campro 1.6 neo in stock standard...
Ouh, but why i cant reach redline in D gear?
What if i install emanage?

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006

Ouh, but why i cant reach redline in D gear?
What if i install emanage?
D is overdrive...similar to manual tranny...we can redlining at 4th but cant redline at 5th...its normal bro...

emanage u mean a piggyback by greddy? or referring to any standalone? it helps but do not set ur expectation too high...like i mention earlier u need more horse power to gain more topseed...and u can not get more horse power by installing electronic device only...something need to do with the engine...like installing full system exhaust, the high cams, Port n Polish head and hi compression pistons before u consider to install those electronic device...

some even install a supercharge to the stock engine to gain more power...easy installation + tuning at rm8k+GST

Zack Zikry

From Facebook
Oct 2, 2011
Selangor
www.facebook.com

D is overdrive...similar to manual tranny...we can redlining at 4th but cant redline at 5th...its normal bro...

emanage u mean a piggyback by greddy? or referring to any standalone? it helps but do not set ur expectation too high...like i mention earlier u need more horse power to gain more topseed...and u can not get more horse power by installing electronic device only...something need to do with the engine...like installing full system exhaust, the high cams, Port n Polish head and hi compression pistons before u consider to install those electronic device...

some even install a supercharge to the stock engine to gain more power...easy installation + tuning at rm8k+GST
Supercharged? What about their maintenance?

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006

Supercharged? What about their maintenance?
lol...maintenance is as per normal la bro...would u like to lepaking with neo owner and have a visit to performance workshop? since u r in subang and not that far from me and most of performance workshop for neo located in pj/subang or shah alam...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

U cannot use any piggyback such as e-manage because if im not mistaken, your ecu is siemens. The only one that is proven to work is Works EMS. Look it up. But before software upgrade, upgrade/replace all your necessary basic things first.

Drop in air filter, iridium plugs, S-flow muffler.
If u got more budget, go for a good 4-2-1 extractor.

Fuel rail, injectors, and TB is not necessary at all. Stock one can support slightly more power than factory setting. Bear in mind also if your oversize your TB, you will suffer a massive drop in torque on stock setting.
Do not touch the stock crank pulley.

After all these, if you still not satisfied, you need to look at camshaft if you want to maintain NA, or turbo if you want forced induction.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Can't be right. I clocked 190kmh in my heavier Persona 1.6 Auto, stock everything other than ATR Sport.
On Sepang toll, not really floaty too. Quite stable.

Zack Zikry

From Facebook
Oct 2, 2011
Selangor
www.facebook.com

lol...maintenance is as per normal la bro...would u like to lepaking with neo owner and have a visit to performance workshop? since u r in subang and not that far from me and most of performance workshop for neo located in pj/subang or shah alam...
Sure, pm me your contact number

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

Can't be right. I clocked 190kmh in my heavier Persona 1.6 Auto, stock everything other than ATR Sport.
On Sepang toll, not really floaty too. Quite stable.
I assume his is the non cps engine. Different class altogether from your persona as yours has IAFM to aid 2500-4000 rpm. The famous weakest spot for campro.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I assume his is the non cps engine. Different class altogether from your persona as yours has IAFM to aid 2500-4000 rpm. The famous weakest spot for campro.
I dont think IAFM aids anything after the low range, which in D (4th gear) should be able to pull away. I think his engine isn't healthy. Something is wrong.

TS, if no leaks, maybe ignition system.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

But at least manual 4th have better ratio then auto with 4 speed, auto 4th is overdrive and manual 5th is overdrive...:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Interior lighting is dim even without turn on the headlight

2 months ago, this issue only happened when i turn on the headlight at night. The lighting of clock, air-cond panel, front meter dashboard is very dim, can say only 50% of lighting output.
Sometimes even worse, very hard to see the clock wording at night and only 25% of lighting output. However after few minutes of driving, the lighting output is getting better again and at least can back to 50%.
I felt shock to see...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience