ICE scene in Msia

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
speaker and head units are important.......but oso important is the sound proofing/deadening of the car. This could easily cost thousand of RM.
Even back then I never felt the need for additional sound proofing coz I listen to loud music. :D

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've been exposed to good sounding cars. I used to own (imho) a good sounding ICE. For people like me I'll never be able to settle for stock for too long. The only reason why I haven't done my car into good sounding car is because I have no budget. And stock is like this for me : If I hear a song I like I can listen to it. If not I will keep switching stations until I hear something I like. If nothing, I turn it off. CDs are not played because if I don't hear a specific tone or an instrument I know that's supposed to be there, I get annoyed.

Stock sucks.

Say no to stock ICE!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I've been exposed to good sounding cars. I used to own (imho) a good sounding ICE. For people like me I'll never be able to settle for stock for too long. The only reason why I haven't done my car into good sounding car is because I have no budget. And stock is like this for me : If I hear a song I like I can listen to it. If not I will keep switching stations until I hear something I like. If nothing, I turn it off. CDs are not played because if I don't hear a specific tone or an instrument I know that's supposed to be there, I get annoyed.

Stock sucks.

Say no to stock ICE!

i find out that oem HU/speaker setup is quite ok if tuned properly (bass trebel basic adjustment)

but would never really satisfied...usually a good woofer was needed....and should be enough for day to day usage basis

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i find out that oem HU/speaker setup is quite ok if tuned properly (bass trebel basic adjustment)

but would never really satisfied...usually a good woofer was needed....and should be enough for day to day usage basis
Different individual different level one.....hahhahahha:biggrin:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Try to avoid getting 'poisoned' by listening to nice sounding system! :biggrin: Coz once you heard those, then you'll surely feel your own system sounds like crap.
Succumbing once get to know Howie from EA.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Try to avoid getting 'poisoned' by listening to nice sounding system! :biggrin: Coz once you heard those, then you'll surely feel your own system sounds like crap.
Exactly, dare not listen to my friends RM45k system and whole car with sound proof material...:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Exactly, dare not listen to my friends RM45k system and whole car with sound proof material...:biggrin:
Last time when I was more into ICE, I listened once to a very good sounding system in a Merc C Class using Alpine F1 HU with the DSP, Dyn Audio components front and no rear speakers at all, McIntosh power amps (don't know how many though), a Velodyne sub, with some branded wiring which prices were insane (something like 3-4x the prices of Monster or Streetwires). Total cost of that system I was told was around rm30-40k or something (and this was prices like >10yrs ago!). Well it blew my mind away and afterwards when I went back home in my car, it sounded absolutely like shit despite I had already spent thousands on it which was my whole month salary that time! That just made me a bit depressed and took some time for me to get used to my system and tried to accept it (coz I absolutely cannot afford to upgrade it anymore hence got no choice anyway).

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Last time when I was more into ICE, I listened once to a very good sounding system in a Merc C Class using Alpine F1 HU with the DSP, Dyn Audio components front and no rear speakers at all, McIntosh power amps (don't know how many though), a Velodyne sub, with some branded wiring which prices were insane (something like 3-4x the prices of Monster or Streetwires). Total cost of that system I was told was around rm30-40k or something (and this was prices like >10yrs ago!). Well it blew my mind away and afterwards when I went back home in my car, it sounded absolutely like shit despite I had already spent thousands on it which was my whole month salary that time! That just made me a bit depressed and took some time for me to get used to my system and tried to accept it (coz I absolutely cannot afford to upgrade it anymore hence got no choice anyway).
So lucky for me......hhahahhahahhah:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

No no no.. stock sucks fullstop. I've never heard a good stock system even after tuning. I'm my own tuner so no matter what I do I cannot make my stock system sound like my old Dynaudios. :biggrin:

Problem is I'm poisoned by my own system, which i no longer own.

Succumbing once get to know Howie from EA.
Fortunately for me Howie and me have different hearing tastes. I've heard his customers cars and so far I haven't heard anything I am crazy about. My ears aren't competition level yet so I dunno how to appreciate his systems. :biggrin: They aren't bad, just not my taste.

Ho ho ho... that F1 HU and Dyns make all the difference man. McIntosh amps too fuh. Last time I recall hearing this Kancil that had cabling that cost more than the car by a lot. The speakers and amps and all were decent brands but not insanely expensive brands. The cables made such an impact it was easily comparable with other kitted out cars.

Then there's my Myvi with stock HU and just a underseat woofer + component speakers, I went to a Myvi ICE gathering. There was a SPL Myvi and a few SQ cars, oddly enough when the fellas played "Hotel California" it sounded better in my car than those cars with amps, full on woofers, etc. I think I hurt a few feelings that day. :biggrin::burnout:

If you wanna talk about branding and poison, I've heard a psychotically expensive setup that consisted of 2 Luxman amps, a TRU Hammer monoblock, a twin Phase Aliante sealed sub combo, Scanspeak Revelator midbass, mids and tweeters, Clarion HXD2 HU, exotic speaker cables and RCAs, and minor sound proofing. Homaigawd that was good. :nurse: The price of the whole setup is a really good cure for the poison though.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
OMG.....that setup would possibly cost as much as a car (at least my current 2nd bang-up hand car)...

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Fortunately for me Howie and me have different hearing tastes. I've heard his customers cars and so far I haven't heard anything I am crazy about. My ears aren't competition level yet so I dunno how to appreciate his systems. :biggrin: They aren't bad, just not my taste.
Understood understood. Am glad am into entry automotive range only, mainly because i used to be home audiophile. It's not worth much spend too much on ICE see'ing how many hours only being in a car everyday lol.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
not to mention missus and kiddo riding along so cant pump up full blast :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Understood understood. Am glad am into entry automotive range only, mainly because i used to be home audiophile. It's not worth much spend too much on ICE see'ing how many hours only being in a car everyday lol.
Listen at home with sound proof room is best. In the car got road noise, tyre noise, engine noise, bike noise etc.....hhahahhahahha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The parent company of Subaru, Fuji Heavy Industries, has just announced that it has penned a memorandum of understanding with the Tan Chong Group to locally assemble an unnamed compact SUV from its line-up.

Although the only SUV available in the Subaru line-up currently is the Forester, the vehicle in question could be the Impreza-based crossover that was previewed by the XV concept at the Shanghai Auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience