DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

Bryan L

Bryan L

Mar 8, 2015
Perak
Actually i work in penang island but stay at mainland...that day pic i snap with phone not clear, will try snap some more clear photo this offday.
Btw is it possible o2 sensor problem? got pomen ask me try to get o2 sensor n test too...but the problem is they dont have part n ask me go find myself :confused:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually i work in penang island but stay at mainland...that day pic i snap with phone not clear, will try snap some more clear photo this offday.
Btw is it possible o2 sensor problem? got pomen ask me try to get o2 sensor n test too...but the problem is they dont have part n ask me go find myself :confused:
To test, no part shops will lent to you unless you know them very very well. Do you have a friend with a similar car. Best is to borrow that part from his car to test.:driver:

Bryan L

Bryan L

Mar 8, 2015
Perak
Ya, got two i know very well, jz they dint have offline part, for those possible faulty part n has spare already swap n test.My fren no have this model...pomen also say like that lo..:mad:

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Levin818@ ic...thanks for info. Found too many possible cause refer my car symptoms :hmmmm:

Etech@ I had email u my ecu photo dy.

Thanks to all...

E-Tech

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Ya, got two i know very well, jz they dint have offline part, for those possible faulty part n has spare already swap n test.My fren no have this model...pomen also say like that lo..:mad:

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Levin818@ ic...thanks for info. Found too many possible cause refer my car symptoms :hmmmm:

Etech@ I had email u my ecu photo dy.

Thanks to all...
Email received and replied.

Apr 5, 2015
Greece
Hello guys!! Greetings from Greece. I carefully read all the thread , it took me about a month, (read and check) and right now ive reach a dead end! I started to have problems with my car ( del dol b16a jdm with p30 ecu non jdm virgin ). The problems starts about a year ago when the car randomly died but i could start it again. Then the problem went worse. Dificult to start and now not start at all! The classic cel on no pump prime (no cel code, just solid on). As you can see im disappointed with the situation but i don't give up! I repair the main relay , i also bought a new relay, i test the car with p28 non jdm works like a charm, then i went the ecu for tower cap replacement, still nothing , i change ic17 still nothing, and now i will receive the ecu with new qm3 hopefully working.. When its in my hands i will post a detailed pictures of the ecu. Thank you for your advice and information! You are priceless not just in the monetary way! I will keep you informed because i have a feeling that still doesn't work .. I wish im wrong. Thank you again!

Dec 18, 2014
yar
Hi E-tech, buy P08-n01 JDM, soldering to chip, before soldering J1, connect to car but CEL and 3700 rev cut, ECU in safe mode, solder J1 and try run from chip(100% working) but still nothing, change all capicators(1 have +40% uF), strating beter, but still CEL and 3700 revlim. visual problem havent ECU, what kind of problem it is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlJrEDkTwkM

Last edited:

E-Tech

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hello guys!! Greetings from Greece. I carefully read all the thread , it took me about a month, (read and check) and right now ive reach a dead end! I started to have problems with my car ( del dol b16a jdm with p30 ecu non jdm virgin ). The problems starts about a year ago when the car randomly died but i could start it again. Then the problem went worse. Dificult to start and now not start at all! The classic cel on no pump prime (no cel code, just solid on). As you can see im disappointed with the situation but i don't give up! I repair the main relay , i also bought a new relay, i test the car with p28 non jdm works like a charm, then i went the ecu for tower cap replacement, still nothing , i change ic17 still nothing, and now i will receive the ecu with new qm3 hopefully working.. When its in my hands i will post a detailed pictures of the ecu. Thank you for your advice and information! You are priceless not just in the monetary way! I will keep you informed because i have a feeling that still doesn't work .. I wish im wrong. Thank you again!
Hi... Most of time based on ur description it is ic17.
Pls recharge ic17 circuit. Tq

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Hi E-tech, buy P08-n01 JDM, soldering to chip, before soldering J1, connect to car but CEL and 3700 rev cut, ECU in safe mode, solder J1 and try run from chip(100% working) but still nothing, change all capicators(1 have +40% uF), strating beter, but still CEL and 3700 revlim. visual problem havent ECU, what kind of problem it is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlJrEDkTwkM
Hi... Video can't be watch. U set private setting.

Anyway did u test the Ecu before put in the chip?
What this your first time to chip a Ecu?

Dec 18, 2014
yar
My mistake- I dont test ECU before chiping, I chiping total more then 10 ECU, this kind of cel in first time, i suspect my soldering by multitestrer, its good.

E-Tech

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
My mistake- I dont test ECU before chiping, I chiping total more then 10 ECU, this kind of cel in first time, i suspect my soldering by multitestrer, its good.
Post pictures.
Let's see if we can see anything...

Dec 7, 2014
LA, CA
Hey there E-Tech,
I've been reading thru this thread extensively. Seems like you're the man on here. Anyhow, I've been having some issues with my P28. Couple days ago, it started acting up. When I would initially turn the car on, the check engine light would go on then off as usual, but after the car runs for 5-10 seconds, then it would throw a code 3. When I swap a different ecu into my car, code 3 doesn't comes on. Have any ideas where I should start? Thanks in advance.
Cheers

E-Tech

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hey there E-Tech,
I've been reading thru this thread extensively. Seems like you're the man on here. Anyhow, I've been having some issues with my P28. Couple days ago, it started acting up. When I would initially turn the car on, the check engine light would go on then off as usual, but after the car runs for 5-10 seconds, then it would throw a code 3. When I swap a different ecu into my car, code 3 doesn't comes on. Have any ideas where I should start? Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Hi .. Sorry for the "lag" in reply.
Code 3 would be MAP Sensor related error.

1- all capacitors are good or changes before?
2- any "burn" marks or capacitors leaking mark?

This would help in finding the solution...

For speedy assistant pls whatsapp +6019 654 7373

Dec 7, 2014
LA, CA
Hey E-Tech
I haven't changed the capacitors yet, ordered it, waiting for them to arrive now. Ecu have no visible burnt mark. I will change all the caps and update the progress. Thanks

E-Tech

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hey e-tech
i haven't changed the capacitors yet, ordered it, waiting for them to arrive now. Ecu have no visible burnt mark. I will change all the caps and update the progress. Thanks

Jun 11, 2015
Manila
hi etech I have p08 ecu and rechipped already,it has error code cyp,I'll try use other ecu and there's no error.can u tell what are the parts that can be replace on my p08 ecu?and when can I buy it?thanks.street tuners Philippines

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys I'm new here but over the last 6 months of reading through this forum I have learnt alot of valuable stuff. So first off - Thanks! :)
Secondly...

I have a 96 Lancer which is a FWD chassis. I recently converted from a 1.5 to the 2nd gen (CM5A) 4g93t GSR engine.
The problem is that I need it setup for FWD. I have a Non turbo 4g93 gearbox (f5m421) which I was told would suit my setup. The gearbox bolts up fine but I cannot fit the 4g93t (pretty sure that's what it is) flywheel in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience