Honda Stream Engine check lights on after replacing catalyst converter

nicollim

Jan 5, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, I have a 2003 Honda Stream, last June the engine check lights is on, and the error reading as exhaust deterioration, I then send it to exhaust sifu, they told me to replace the cat-con, to a normal stainless steel chrome piece. After they replace it they reset. But the lights came back on after a day. My car current mileage is 250k. I want to know, is it normal to change the cat-con?
Some told me is Oz censor problem, but where can i get the potong set for the 2 censor, cause the ori ones very expensive.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi, I have a 2003 Honda Stream, last June the engine check lights is on, and the error reading as exhaust deterioration, I then send it to exhaust sifu, they told me to replace the cat-con, to a normal stainless steel chrome piece. After they replace it they reset. But the lights came back on after a day. My car current mileage is 250k. I want to know, is it normal to change the cat-con?
Some told me is Oz censor problem, but where can i get the potong set for the 2 censor, cause the ori ones very expensive.
Who told u the error read as error deterioration?
i doubt the most expensive car wont have sensor to detect the exhaust has deteriorate,only sensor for exhaust temperature.
Best bet is to send it back to Honds to be diagnose and once u know he error just send it outside for repair.

much better than just changing this and that.

just ask around chop shop.needs patient and time.
Easy alternative is to ask spare part shop and if its still expensive to u then ask for alternative part which is compatible.

nicollim

Jan 5, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah i send to Honda, they told me is cat-con problem but the quote is ridiculous high, they said if the oz censor problem the system will tell you bank 1 or bank 2 and what happen is the potong shop will not have ori used cat-con, even if they have they cant guarantee how good is the condition. My car is working perfectly in fact with more power now, but problem is i need to get rid of the check engine light, which i want to get a potong set.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
bro try ur luck by calling AR MAN Auto at 03-4280 1031/019-600 3824.
i got my O2 sensor from him - halfcut condition.

nicollim

Jan 5, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Es2611, thank you.. will try and call. I know the O2 sensor is very hard to get.. you are very lucky to get yours.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was happened on yesterday(26/10/10) morning around 1am to 4am. The sad thing is my dad's new car(2months old). Lucky the car didn't get stolen, just the sound system : DVD player 7inch LCD screen (PIONEER TOUCHSCREEN DVD) and some items stolen. So if you guys out there being approached by any person offering a cheap price of pioneer or claimed as used unit(as 2months), watch out might be stolen item. Bastard thief.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience