Gauging interest on plasti dip

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters

diyplastidip

Jul 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Seriously, when is ACE going to bring in the Gallons. I foresee we guys are gonna have a chance to get the gallons plastidip and start our car painting DIY with a spray gun. Buying it in cans is so costly and is not as easy as using a spray gun man.

BTW check this out.

Plasti Dip a Mustang Chameleon - YouTube
good news! need plastidip in gallons? check my siggy :biggrin: or visit www.facebook.com/diyplastidip

you can start thinking for your next plastidip project now :)

Last edited:

syafiq72

Known Member
Sep 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys,

I'm disposing off my balance plasti Dip stock for the next coming shipment. All basic colors incl smoke are going for RM 45.00 per can and blaze RM 50. Dont have much though so first come first serve basis. COD Seremban or deliver to KL if you guys collect the order. Black/camo almost gone.

Anything please sms/whatsapp at 019 3621978. thanks

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
good news! need plastidip in gallons? check my siggy :biggrin: or visit www.facebook.com/diyplastidip

So roughly how many gallons do you need to spray the whole car? Say a sedan the size of Civic/Altis?
Kelisa would be roughly 1 gallon since after mixing with thinner will have 2 gallons amount I think.

Spray gun what brand do u use bro?

diyplastidip

Jul 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
So roughly how many gallons do you need to spray the whole car? Say a sedan the size of Civic/Altis?
Kelisa would be roughly 1 gallon since after mixing with thinner will have 2 gallons amount I think.

Spray gun what brand do u use bro?
you may refer below chart on how much gallons needed for each car category :

earlex brand for spraygun...can also provide the spraygun if interested.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

you may refer below chart on how much gallons needed for each car category :

earlex brand for spraygun...can also provide the spraygun if interested.
3-4 Gallons would be like RM2K already. But since have to mix with thinner, for mid size car I think I only need 2 Gallons and once mix with 1:1 with thinner, I have 4 gallons :biggrin:

diyplastidip

Jul 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
3-4 Gallons would be like RM2K already. But since have to mix with thinner, for mid size car I think I only need 2 Gallons and once mix with 1:1 with thinner, I have 4 gallons :biggrin:
hi..yes u r totally right! lots of ppl confused :)

the chart shows you the amount of prethinned plastidip (ready to spray or already mixed 1:1 with thinner)

so the calculation as below:

1 gallon = 3.78 liter
1 gallon gun metal grey : RM 500
Thinner : RM 150 (5 Liter)

After mixed both plastidip and thinner 1:1 ratio, you'll get 2 gallons of sprayable gunmetal grey <- RM 500 + RM 150 = RM 650

so the cost to diy spray kelisa or any car that falls in sub-compact category will be RM 650!!!

and for your civic or sedan car, your cost will be RM 650 x 2 = RM 1300 (you will have extra 1 sprayable gallon if you use only 3 sprayable gallons on your car)

FYI, ready to spray plastidip cost only RM 86/liter!

2 gallons spraybale plastidip : RM 650 (1 gallon plastidip + thinner) divided by 7.56 liter = RM 86/liter

hope those numbers help! :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Suprafan - if you do purchase this I will help you mask and spray. :biggrin:
Let's DIT Camo Green STD and Jetta haha!
At least same color we can use together. :smile:

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

the chart shows you the amount of prethinned plastidip (ready to spray or already mixed 1:1 with thinner)

1 gallon = 3.78 liter

After mixed both plastidip and thinner 1:1 ratio, you'll get 2 gallons of sprayable gunmetal grey <- RM 500 + RM 150 = RM 650

so the cost to diy spray kelisa or any car that falls in sub-compact category will be RM 650!!!

and for your civic or sedan car, your cost will be RM 650 x 2 = RM 1300 (you will have extra 1 sprayable gallon if you use only 3 sprayable gallons on your car)

2 gallons spraybale plastidip : RM 650 (1 gallon plastidip + thinner) divided by 7.56 liter = RM 86/liter

U mean RM86 per litre is those without the need to add thinner? But then only get 1 gallon. If mix with thinner RM650 I can get 2 gallons :biggrin:

By the way, what thinner is it? Xylene?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

1 gallon = 3.78 liter

That is if you know how to spray already.
For bro. SF, new to it. Trial and error. Spray and tear away, probably he needs 4 gallon of plastic dip....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That is if you know how to spray already.
For bro. SF, new to it. Trial and error. Spray and tear away, probably he needs 4 gallon of plastic dip....:biggrin:
Haha! Let's hope not. Izso can go ahead 1st, I help him out :rofl:

buy 2 gallons + thinner at RM1300

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
camo green won't look good on my new car. Matt gun metal I wanna do. One of these days.
Might wanna try the Gold on Jetta. but need to knock back the dents 1st.

diyplastidip

Jul 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
U mean RM86 per litre is those without the need to add thinner? But then only get 1 gallon. If mix with thinner RM650 I can get 2 gallons :biggrin:

By the way, what thinner is it? Xylene?
The rm86 is just a number to compare by liter :) plastidip will be sold in gallons only for the time being.

The thinner is in house special mix but u can purchase xylene at any hardware shop if you like.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

camo green won't look good on my new car. Matt gun metal I wanna do. One of these days.
Currently gunmetal grey is available in both gallons and spraycan :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Selamat hari raya
after a long break celebration, its quite an adjustment back to the norms, my buddy whom a car crazy & loves cars, expressed his intention of learning to maintaining his own white ride & pick up some DIY car detailing tricks of the trade

in the course of meeting, we inspects his ride, paint condition - (2 months old, only wash twice by the service center as he knew the tragic ending of prolong road side car wash)...after following my blogs for months, he is well informed &...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience