Perdana V6 Community Forum *

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
hello Danz,

wanna ask.

for V6, we only need to change the timing belt?
is there anything else that need to change?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
hello Danz,

wanna ask.

while u at it I suggest to change water pump, spark plugs & plug cable, at least u save on workmanship. to change water pump alone will costs u the same for changing timing belt, same goes for the plugs & cables.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Hi Danz,

Thanks for your input, that means MYR690 is a good price mark. Wah 8 hours?! didnt expect to be that long...btw u mind sharing any workshop that has expertise in pv6?
duration will be from 6-8 hrs depending how busy is your mechanic.
my previous workshop did a very good job on my engine, but sadly I made him bankrupt & closed shop because he took my car for a ride & had an accident.

I advice find a workshop close to your home at least its convenient.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
while u at it I suggest to change water pump, spark plugs & plug cable, at least u save on workmanship. to change water pump alone will costs u the same for changing timing belt, same goes for the plugs & cables.

noted on water pump.
spark plug, i'm on iridium.
is there a need to change plug cable? i thought if it aren't spoil, don't bother.

what about fan belt? is there a need?
V6, run how many belt in total?

my savvy runs on 3 belt, engine, aircon, radiator if i got it correctly

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Hi you guys have any idea how much it costs to do top overhaul and full overhaul?
A brand new v6 engine I heard was rm4,000.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
it depends on the brand of the top/full overhaul set,
top set from japan bout rm160++
full set from japan rm250++
during the process u might replace wear & tear parts therefore budget less than rm700 for top overhaul & less than rm2k for full overhaul
that is an estimate price.

workmanship depending on mechanic

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
during the process u might replace wear & tear parts therefore budget less than rm700 for top overhaul & less than rm2k for full overhaul

Thanks for that info. The estimation doesn't include timing belt, spark plugs etc?

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
noted on water pump.
is there a need to change plug cable? i thought if it aren't spoil, don't bother.

anyone?

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

sorry, i never done overhaul before..
so wanna learnt..

why overhaul got top or full set?
i thought overhaul refers to a process whereby it cleans almost everything in the engine..
which is better?
top or full?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
noted on water pump.

The V6 is a pain in the a** even just to change the plugs. So many things to remove, so is better you change whatever you need to. As for plug cables not too sure, better bro. Danz comment on this.
Some car have different belts to run air con, alternator and so on and some just one belt runs all. If have not change before might as well change now since opening up

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

hello Danz,

wanna ask.

Other then those mentioned by bro. Danz, I think you need to change the internal oil seals too. Tensioner and bearings if have?

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

anyone?

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

so wanna learnt..

i thought overhaul refers to a process whereby it cleans almost everything in the engine..
which is better?
top or full?
Usually if your pistons and rings are still in good condition they will do a top overhaul. Remove only the header de-carbonize, grind the valves, clean up and put back.
If need to change pistons and/or rings then is full overhaul

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
anyone?

so wanna learnt..

which is better?
top or full?
pv6 got 2-3 belts, cant remember, aircond, alternator & power steering.
yes overhaul there are 2 types, those emitting white smoke from exhaust can just change the oil seals & gasket known as top overhaul, meaning only open the engine head.

full overhaul will dismantle your whole engine leaving the engine block inside, some mechanics will take it out too. I did a full rebuild on my engine the last time it was worth it at least engine can lasts another 10 years.

if u ask me of course full overhaul will be better if u have the funds, if not top overhaul will just do fine.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

The V6 is a pain in the a** even just to change the plugs. So many things to remove, so is better you change whatever you need to. As for plug cables not too sure, better bro. Danz comment on this.
Some car have different belts to run air con, alternator and so on and some just one belt runs all. If have not change before might as well change now since opening up

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Other then those mentioned by bro. Danz, I think you need to change the internal oil seals too. Tensioner and bearings if have?

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Usually if your pistons and rings are still in good condition they will do a top overhaul. Remove only the header de-carbonize, grind the valves, clean up and put back.
If need to change pistons and/or rings then is full overhaul
yes unker u are correct, it could costs up to rm360 for workmanship alone to change those plugs, so must as well change at one go, plugs & cables.

timing belt set will include 1x timing belt, 5 oil seals & 2 tensioner bearings.

vemalv6

Mar 31, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all .. need help ..my v6 has been jerking so n chk gb panas so install cooler .. still gt jerking .. tukar fuel pump nw no jerking .. bt wen driving .. will be fine a while n thn suddenly tekan minyak like to power at all n engin shutdown .. plz help

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, as topic states my coilovers need a rebuild. So far only place that rebuilds hypermax 2 that I've been able to find is Garage R in Singapore.

Suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience