Suzuki Swift: 1.5 (m15a/zc21): Discussions/Opinions

ymloo

Nov 18, 2003
With the new found flex on my new tyre n rim setup, i manage to do a slight drift on a sharp downward turn near klcc...was doin abt 70km/h, funny that this dont happen whn i was on the skinnier stock. Fun maybe, but jz hope it dont happen whn i least expect it to. :burnout:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
With the new found flex on my new tyre n rim setup, i manage to do a slight drift on a sharp downward turn near klcc...was doin abt 70km/h, funny that this dont happen whn i was on the skinnier stock. Fun maybe, but jz hope it dont happen whn i least expect it to. :burnout:
You can pump your tyre air harder bro.. it might help a bit.:driver:

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
I bought it in JB. The boss install for me de...

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Bro, how much is the reflash cost? After reflashing still can add piggy back? Can the reflashing suit BOT or Supercharge? :adore:
Hey bro,

Monitored as of today after 8full tanks. Fuel Consumption doesnt seem to calibrate the proper reading as my AVG is at 10.2-10.3 as of today. OBD2 programming doesnt seem to work in a long run. I think the best option is to seek DKTUNING tuners to solve this issue. Im yet to get a quotation from DYLAN from DK Tuning.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Hey bro,

Monitored as of today after 8full tanks. Fuel Consumption doesnt seem to calibrate the proper reading as my AVG is at 10.2-10.3 as of today. OBD2 programming doesnt seem to work in a long run. I think the best option is to seek DKTUNING tuners to solve this issue. Im yet to get a quotation from DYLAN from DK Tuning.
You you might need to reset the AVG meter?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
According to the manual, to reset the average MPG display you should 1- have the display showing "AVG" and 2- hold reset button for 2 seconds until ---.- is displayed. You have to drive it after resetting to get a new avg, reset and turn off will revert to old figure.

ymloo

Nov 18, 2003
It's been a few weeks now with my new tyres/rim setup, so far the car starts to pull to the left hand side (maybe alignment out, will chck later) however what worries me is there is some rubbing sound coming from the left wall but I can't find the culprit, I hv check if the tyres r rubbing against the fender but it's not...I wonder if some sifu here got any feedback for me or ppl who use bigger wheels like 17" rims have any probs?

another question, anyone try the new Swift Sport? I have seen many good feedback online about it.:adore:

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
Swift 1.5 BOT owner here
Anyone know what piston and conrod we can use for higher boost.
Now not dare yet to boost higher.
Last I check the conrod and piston spec for swift

Piston Bore = 78mm
Piston Pin = 20mm (press/semi floating???)

Conrod = CTC 138mm
Big End = 45mm
Small End = 20mm

Conrod same as M16A ?? except for M16A uses dif crankshaft = interchangeable with M15A too stroke higher???

Im looking at few honda mitsu or ca18 mazda piston and perhaps m16a forged or normal conrod too boost higher.if anyone can suggest piston and conrod from other car to keep the cost down would be good:adore:

ymloo

Nov 18, 2003
Ymloo whats your rims and tires spec? I've tried many rims.. Only once rubbed the wall.. 245/40/17 offset 42

whoa bro, 245 on a swift is fattt...:adore:

mine is 195/55/15 offset maybe 30ish+

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Anyone has a good recommendation for exhaust full system from the header to the exhaust tip?

Im running on an entirely stock exhaust system. Im looking to improve my torque at low end range and go get a bass sound during idling and a slight sharp sound at high revs.

I was quoted from a shop in ss2 that includes (muffler and HKS exhaust tip 3 inch for 1.2K, downpipe standard)

Below is a link i found. Not sure whether SUPERCIRCUIT brand is good or not.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.257663857578788.73387.254129501265557&type=3

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Swift 1.5 BOT owner here
Anyone know what piston and conrod we can use for higher boost.
Now not dare yet to boost higher.
Last I check the conrod and piston spec for swift

Piston Bore = 78mm
Piston Pin = 20mm (press/semi floating???)

Conrod = CTC 138mm
Big End = 45mm
Small End = 20mm

Conrod same as M16A ?? except for M16A uses dif crankshaft = interchangeable with M15A too stroke higher???

Im looking at few honda mitsu or ca18 mazda piston and perhaps m16a forged or normal conrod too boost higher.if anyone can suggest piston and conrod from other car to keep the cost down would be good:adore:
You can try this SWIFT CLUB SG :: Log in
Bro you mod your BOT in jb? Mind sharing where you done it? I'm planning one soon.. :listen:

Anyone has a good recommendation for exhaust full system from the header to the exhaust tip?

Im running on an entirely stock exhaust system. Im looking to improve my torque at low end range and go get a bass sound during idling and a slight sharp sound at high revs.

I was quoted from a shop in ss2 that includes (muffler and HKS exhaust tip 3 inch for 1.2K, downpipe standard)

Below is a link i found. Not sure whether SUPERCIRCUIT brand is good or not.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.257663857578788.73387.254129501265557&type=3
Your ride is auto or manual bro?

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
Done it at Naz Automotive somewhere in Skudai

Very neat workmanship.
Im using TD04L chra with smaller ar for turbin for better spool.
I also use back the water cool line for reliability.most other workshop cut short by not installing the water line

Now 0.6 only.plan to boost higher hence the enquiry on forged internal.
I check with redline gti forum.they reccomend get the sss halfcut and get forged internal.

Still thinking though.

You can try this SWIFT CLUB SG :: Log in
Bro you mod your BOT in jb? Mind sharing where you done it? I'm planning one soon.. :listen:

Your ride is auto or manual bro?

Last edited:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

Very neat workmanship.
I also use back the water cool line for reliability.most other workshop cut short by not installing the water line

I check with redline gti forum.they reccomend get the sss halfcut and get forged internal.

Still thinking though.
Nice.. neat work there.. i had bought a turbo kit, but still at home have not send to fix yet.. so far any problem on your setup? Any over heat issue? What's the hp and torque now? You are on manual or auto gb? Pardon me for asking so many questions.. hard to see a swift mod in jb so far.. last time saw one was the petronas sticker swift.. mind pm me your contact? We can meet up :listen: and discuss more on our swift if you dun mind :driver:

Jun 29, 2011
jakarta

Very neat workmanship.

Still thinking though.
Hi sidi.. I hv account here too hehe..
Good thing u use the water line!

I've posted a link at your thread.. It's an old thread i made, there's comparison between zc21s and zc31s piston..i'll post it here..

http://redlinegti.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=47695

I think the forged bw conrod is a good deal, mated with zc31 piston..
What u got to worry is the plastic intake manifold..

U must use water temp to monitor the engine temprature.. I did many things to achieve what i think is the ideal temp for my zc21s..

Here's my build thread
http://ssoc.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?2013-ID-Turbo-ZC21S-Project

Here are some videos
Dyno and race..

[video=youtube;YjOZIATv4bE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjOZIATv4bE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube_share;BVLsR9T-AdE]http://youtu.be/BVLsR9T-AdE[/video]

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

greetings otai2 and sifus...
i just wan to share my b8 probs..
after i use haltech e6x ecu on my b8 turbo engine,2 cylinders running rich 2 cylinders running lean.
i already replace many parts such as plugs,coil,alternator,plug cable,injectors but the problem still occurs.. please sifus.. help me..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience