Stories of Barang Naik !

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
As expected, our daily necessities and goods are going to go up in prices....

For a start its the ciggarette...

Used to be RM10.20 per 20 sticks pack

Today its RM10.50 an increase of RM0.30 sen :smokin:

Kindly post items or goods that increase in price in future...

Many more items may follow suit...:thefinger:

And in this thread we can see what are the things that increased, which in turn eroded into our spending budget and affect our daily life.:mad:

Thanking everyone in advance....:wavey:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
People say increase cigarette price is to discourage smoking. That is bullshit. Increase price is to make more profit. If really want to discourage smoking, then do it like Singapore. No smoking in bars, clubs, and only a small area for smoking in open area. Make it difficult and challenging to smoke, then that will discourage and reduce smoking.

So, yeah. Hehe. And stupid people say GST won't effect them, no double tax. If GST kick in, you go Pelita eat Nasi Kandar also pay tax.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
People say increase cigarette price is to discourage smoking. That is bullshit. Increase price is to make more profit. If really want to discourage smoking, then do it like Singapore. No smoking in bars, clubs, and only a small area for smoking in open area. Make it difficult and challenging to smoke, then that will discourage and reduce smoking.

So, yeah. Hehe. And stupid people say GST won't effect them, no double tax. If GST kick in, you go Pelita eat Nasi Kandar also pay tax.
now roti canai is already RM1, got gst cost roti canai go up then increase price later pay gst summore & kedai makan 1malaysia is irrelevant too

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
since when cigarette becomes necessity?
I don't know, I don't smoke. Ask those guys who can't stop smoking? I know people who rather spend money to smoke than to eat.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
As a family man, the formula baby milk and diapers increase a lot.
Including the groceries such as sardins, milo, cooking oil, rice and etc.
Kindergarten fees also went up due to this matters.

GST implementation will hit the consumer hard.
The seller/hypermarket/businessman will use this importunity to divert this money for themselves.

How many type of tax to be implement in Malaysia. Basically they covered all.
Now really want to squeeze till the last drop.
Car expenses have to reduce and have to work harder.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
since when cigarette becomes necessity?
It's x a necessity...but it's a form of goods..that being said a big percentage r smokers (x sure d actual numbers but look around u..I wld say 8 of 10 I see do smoke)..

Wanna discourage smoking start from d root..y have ciggy factories or importers etc?same wiz alcohol..tell u y...bcoz it's a GOLD mine..n its sort of a way of life n d govt sees it...increase price = increase tax = increase revenue means more profits..

Y do u think one of d son's of a former PM holds a stake in a beer manufacturing company??n another son of another former PM holds a stake in a ciggy factory??

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

As a family man, the formula baby milk and diapers increase a lot.
Including the groceries such as sardins, milo, cooking oil, rice and etc.
Kindergarten fees also went up due to this matters.

GST implementation will hit the consumer hard.
The seller/hypermarket/businessman will use this importunity to divert this money for themselves.

How many type of tax to be implement in Malaysia. Basically they covered all.
Now really want to squeeze till the last drop.
Car expenses have to reduce and have to work harder.
Ur rite on d spot there bro...tho I'm x longer 'affected' by diapers,baby milk formula etc my groceries in a week is around 700!!...n have u tried eating in 1Malaysia eatery???!!!damn chicken like chewing rubber..n d soup like tap water I kid u x!!..

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

maybe i go PP or Summit eat 'kfc' no need pay GST.
X bet on it bro...it's there u just x c it hehehe

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
fazidk,
Base on my opinion, 1M product doesn't help the people much.
It seems their perspective it to reduce quality in order to fill the market.
Their price not much different compare to normal/usual brand.
Try to save but at the end we spend more then it should.

Insyallah, new baby coming & will add the number of the family.
I've to slow down the whatever car related at the moment.

Some car enthusiast also reducing their budget due to this scenario.
They taking cheaper option rather than buying good product.
In June, car parts etc increased approximately 10-20% overall due to several reason.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
fazidk,

In June, car parts etc increased approximately 10-20% overall due to several reason.
ive quitted the car modifying scene due to this.....might just get a std car & change sport rims, all thanks to Barang Naik. after i finish my last carton of cigarettes then will shift to those electronic cigarette (vapor) to cut costs.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
while ur smoke.....n......drink.....te money ur spend going to someone pocket,......ur assist them in their luxurioussssss life........sport car.......jet.......overseas endless honeymoon.........somemore talk KOK......n.......PUIK at ur face.........:mad:

at the end.....mayb......you got wat ur deserve to have.......sickness.......
its not only u........family....n ....fren bside u........they suck in smoke thats actually they dun wan n needs.....

Last edited:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
fazidk,

Yes bro I agree..it's all to fill up someone's pocket..d 1malaysia market n eateries x do crap for d rakyat..goods r of lower quality (I tried once...n it b my last time)..n like I said I tried d food once (also my last time) n it was d worse 6 bucks I ever spent in my life...

Anyway bro congrats to d coming addition to d family..God bless u n family..

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Talk about a sudden increase in cigarettes. Luckily I was able to grab those duty free cigarettes before the price hike hehe. Interestingly though, a pack of pall mall costs more than a pack of dunhill. Used to be the other way round. Oh well, now already married (still kira pengantin baru), have to reduce smoking and hopefully stop it.

In other non - related news, mmg 'barang' sentiasa naik for this week :rofl:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
damn...even dog food price will go up. Live in jungle hunt dinosaur for a living better. Then maybe get BR1M once in a while to go out buy ciggy / liquor. See? So good..free $$ wahahahah damn hunt dinosaur dont have to pay tax

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there.. my gen2 is fitted with front airbags and i wanted to change my steering to those aftermarket ones (without airbag). initially was planning to keep my original steering so when i want to sell off my car i can install back the original steering but my concern is do i need to disconnect / sealed / cut-off any wiring to prevent the airbag from activating before installing aftermarket steering? thanx in advance guys & girls..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience