Racetech "Rigid collars" / Chassis Alignment Kit

juicesac

Nov 13, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm.. you risk getting your warranty voided with the CAK. But since you're still under warranty you should go back to SC to have it changed. But 50-50 risk here.
Demm.. Ooo I didnt know they'll go that deep to spot the CAK.. Will they be able to spot my CAK, LCP, ACP too when checking the driveshaft? Thx for the heads up

juicesac

Nov 13, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
u should check the balancing first...then take another look on your driveshaft if the problem still persist.....

after all balancing was a quickie job and not expensive.....and most of the time wheel vibration was wheel related....not to mention tyre buldging@benjol@bengkak....
Nicee plan.. thx man.. will lookout for tyre bengkak as well.. Another thing, just wondering.. CAK comes in 6 pcs n fitted in front only and no CAK for the rear. Stiffrings if im not mistaken, 6 pcs fitted for both front and rear. So what do u think?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nicee plan.. thx man.. will lookout for tyre bengkak as well.. Another thing, just wondering.. CAK comes in 6 pcs n fitted in front only and no CAK for the rear. Stiffrings if im not mistaken, 6 pcs fitted for both front and rear. So what do u think?
Some are marketing gimmicks with no (or little) R&D and some are there because that's all you need and you shouldn't need to pay more for unecessary add-ons.

Your choice lor.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
the C.A.K is able to fit to rear as well...been fitted to proton 4WD(evo)...ori proton rear i not sure though

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
the C.A.K is able to fit to rear as well...been fitted to proton 4WD(evo)...ori proton rear i not sure though
The original Wira rear doesn't have a subframe... So, this item can't fit the original wira/satria/putra... Hahahaa....

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
you should also re-torque the bolts after 2-3 weeks of initial installation. the the washers bed in to the sub frame metal

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Izso, could this actually make the car a bit twitchy due to the responsiveness of the steering?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi Izso, could this actually make the car a bit twitchy due to the responsiveness of the steering?
Yeah it does. Made my car quite twitchy. But after a while (a long while) you get used to it and adapt to it. Driving a standard car to me feel slushy and unresponsive now in comparison.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah it does. Made my car quite twitchy. But after a while (a long while) you get used to it and adapt to it. Driving a standard car to me feel slushy and unresponsive now in comparison.
Hmm cause it's also available for my car but then worry if it will make it even easier to oversteer, especially in the wet.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hmm cause it's also available for my car but then worry if it will make it even easier to oversteer, especially in the wet.
It's twitchy because of uneven roads and every movement of the steering will translate into movement, but it's not that twitchy that it'll cause oversteer in corners. I like this CAK because it firms up my chassis and softens the ride to some extent. I dislike this CAK because without a bumpsteer kit, every undulation is translating into steering movement. I really have to be awake to drive my car when I'm going fast. But it's not unmanageable.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It's twitchy because of uneven roads and every movement of the steering will translate into movement, but it's not that twitchy that it'll cause oversteer in corners. I like this CAK because it firms up my chassis and softens the ride to some extent. I dislike this CAK because without a bumpsteer kit, every undulation is translating into steering movement. I really have to be awake to drive my car when I'm going fast. But it's not unmanageable.
Corner oversteer is manageable, cause you already decide upfront how fast you want to take that corner and how much steering input & throttle you want to dial in, and you're more prepared to counter steer. My concern is how will it be during emergency maneuvering if the steering is a bit twitchy like that?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Corner oversteer is manageable, cause you already decide upfront how fast you want to take that corner and how much steering input & throttle you want to dial in, and you're more prepared to counter steer. My concern is how will it be during emergency maneuvering if the steering is a bit twitchy like that?
Personally I've had a few close calls in the time I've had this CAK, twice being nearly front end collisions. The car is very manageable and in those emergencies I'm already gripping the steering like a eagle claw on its prey. I can feel the wheels turning and all that but I can say it doesn't make a difference.

If you're interested and own a Wira at home, you're more than welcome to compare your car with mine.

Btw, it's also worth noting that I have a lot of Ultra Racing bars installed, so that also affects my cars handling. But i'm not the only one who has mentioned twitchy steering feel so the bars shouldn't really make a difference.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Personally I've had a few close calls in the time I've had this CAK, twice being nearly front end collisions. The car is very manageable and in those emergencies I'm already gripping the steering like a eagle claw on its prey. I can feel the wheels turning and all that but I can say it doesn't make a difference.

If you're interested and own a Wira at home, you're more than welcome to compare your car with mine.

Btw, it's also worth noting that I have a lot of Ultra Racing bars installed, so that also affects my cars handling. But i'm not the only one who has mentioned twitchy steering feel so the bars shouldn't really make a difference.
Don't have a wira. Long time ago had a Lancer CB5, same w/ Wira sedan chassis but with 4G93 DOHC.
Maybe the UR bars actually helps you save the day. :) Btw I heard those UR bars often make squeeky noise from the bushings, is that true? Sorry a bit OOT though.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Don't have a wira. Long time ago had a Lancer CB5, same w/ Wira sedan chassis but with 4G93 DOHC.
Maybe the UR bars actually helps you save the day. :) Btw I heard those UR bars often make squeeky noise from the bushings, is that true? Sorry a bit OOT though.
The only squeeky noise I have to date comes from the absorber mountings. My 12 bars all don't make noises in the 6-7 years I've had them.. Now that I've said that, it'll probably squeek up a storm tonight. :biggrin:

Still, you're more than welcome to test my car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TRsL-A7Vaug" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="200" width="330"></iframe>

Never before seen footage of Malaysian Police Force's EVO X Police in a high speed chase in Penang hunting down a suspect in a Satria GTI. Something like "Getaway from Stockholm", only in real life, the bad guys do get caught. Nothing survives the chase by a Police EVO
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience