Power Steering Problem....Pls help!

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Machining of hose is whereby the leaking portion of the hose is being replaced with new hose...

The process of machining of hose is done by using the high pressure clipping of both end of the new portion of that particular hose.

The clipping is done using metal clippers both both ends...
so u r saying that ur car have custom power steering so that it needs to be custom machining for the hose, don't know what every1 else thinking but last month my brake fluid hose leaked (luckily notice oil on the rim), just baught a new hose readymade screw & unscew only:hmmmm: u got ur self super mod car but keeping secret ehh:hmmmm::biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Already called to inform my mechanic...

Not free to go and sit there for 4 hours...

Will find out what guarantee they give me only when I see them!

Even they do it for free the machining, still I got to bear the labour and ATF cost!

WTF ! ?:banghead:
Is their fault for job not well done. I had a problem with recon air con compressor that leaked, so my mechanic claim another unit and he lost labor charges because he had to do a second time around for free.....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

so u r saying that ur car have custom power steering so that it needs to be custom machining for the hose, don't know what every1 else thinking but last month my brake fluid hose leaked (luckily notice oil on the rim), just baught a new hose readymade screw & unscew only:hmmmm: u got ur self super mod car but keeping secret ehh:hmmmm::biggrin:
Air con hoses are under high pressure, that is why these hoses are machined. They do have ready made but sometimes due to their length...

As for power steering, none of my cars are with machined hoses. Just normal hoses with clips....:hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
TS hasn't told what car this is for so until then we can't assume that his car is a 'normal' car since he uses machined power steering hoses.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
TS hasn't told what car this is for so until then we can't assume that his car is a 'normal' car since he uses machined power steering hoses.
Should be his W211 or maybe got another super mod one......:hmmmm:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Is their fault for job not well done. I had a problem with recon air con compressor that leaked, so my mechanic claim another unit and he lost labor charges because he had to do a second time around for free.....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Air con hoses are under high pressure, that is why these hoses are machined. They do have ready made but sometimes due to their length...

As for power steering, none of my cars are with machined hoses. Just normal hoses with clips....:hmmmm:
Should be his W211 or maybe got another super mod one......:hmmmm:
i think he's hiding his drag monster from us:biggrin:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Its rubber hose which can withstand high pressure fliud flow..

The model is W211

The hose is at the bottom of the front below the radiator..

What do you guys think could be the cause?

The steering also is a bit heavier at times...

Could it be the fluid not flowing to the pump, could the pressure valve be clogged with dirt?
As per the abovementioned. Tq

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Probably theres another word for it to replace machining? In cantonese its called "pear" the hose with machine...:confused::confused:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point

in this case, u should not bear anymore cost actually, u've come to them wit a problem & they have rectify & solve supposedly, but due to their lack of workmanship & supervision, the same problem occures so they must bare it all,but if they r ur trusted mech, u can give & take the ATF coz it's not all the time u have 2 change it but labour & hose they should bare it all, if not make they remember ur face & next time drive like ur going 2 them but last minute divert 2 opposite shop:biggrin:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
shouldn't MBSA be in full responsibility of handling all spareparts and reliability of parts? From my understanding, MBSA customers just send in their car's(some cases, service assistants come collect car and owner close eye even b4 car reaches service centre) n close eye...everything handled by the customer service assistants aka customer service mangers.. any failures caused by faulty replacements are claimable to MBSA. even taxi fares due to failures of vehicle due faulty spareparts.

TS...which workshop u sent yr W211 to? MBSA needs to be informed of this failure from usage of failing spareparts.

TS...sorry but i assumed that yr w211 was sent to an official MBSA workshop...please confirm that yr car was sent to an MBSA workshop?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
in this case, u should not bear anymore cost actually, u've come to them wit a problem & they have rectify & solve supposedly, but due to their lack of workmanship & supervision, the same problem occures so they must bare it all,but if they r ur trusted mech, u can give & take the ATF coz it's not all the time u have 2 change it but labour & hose they should bare it all, if not make they remember ur face & next time drive like ur going 2 them but last minute divert 2 opposite shop:biggrin:
Yup, they should honor their own work.

ha! ha! good one, go to opposite shop....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

shouldn't MBSA be in full responsibility of handling all spareparts and reliability of parts? From my understanding, MBSA customers just send in their car's(some cases, service assistants come collect car and owner close eye even b4 car reaches service centre) n close eye...everything handled by the customer service assistants aka customer service mangers.. any failures caused by faulty replacements are claimable to MBSA. even taxi fares due to failures of vehicle due faulty spareparts.

TS...which workshop u sent yr W211 to? MBSA needs to be informed of this failure from usage of failing spareparts.

TS...sorry but i assumed that yr w211 was sent to an official MBSA workshop...please confirm that yr car was sent to an MBSA workshop?
Should be outside shop, since they need to "pear" fabricate the hoses. If official shop, they should have original hoses...:rolleyes:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
sifuses aaarrrr, since we're in power steering, if a car does not have power steer, can it be installed coz my mech said cannot:confused::hmmmm::banghead::shot:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
sifuses aaarrrr, since we're in power steering, if a car does not have power steer, can it be installed coz my mech said cannot:confused::hmmmm::banghead::shot:
Depends on your car. If your model is say budget model that comes without the power steering and there is a premium model with power steering, you can source for one from premium model to fit into yours or from half cut shop if they have.
Of course if your model is a lone model then cannot fit in....

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Depends on your car. If your model is say budget model that comes without the power steering and there is a premium model with power steering, you can source for one from premium model to fit into yours or from half cut shop if they have.
Of course if your model is a lone model then cannot fit in....
in this case there goes the opt for my 660 unless my cut engine from jap can install 1, think i'll wait till i have the moolah & upgrade to 1.0 as planned.:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wokie dokie....

i'm really2 :P interested in this Mivec 1.5 Mods...as i am new in this big boys toys games :D ....also currently my car is a :( 1.3 GLi wira sedan...looking at moding the car to a 4G91 heart, but then i when i found out about this mivec 1.5 thingy..i'm really2 :P interested to learn more about it...

:) hoping the PRO's, Sifu's & current user of the mivec 1.5 to help me on the specs, pro & con, engine power output, cost and also the items needed to make...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience