EG clubs/owner etc

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,is it worth now to transplant B16A into EG 4drs?
Feel like changing engine...D16A6 giving me problem now,although it still running ok
Workshop quote me RM8k for B16A

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
8k for b16a? even me as one who never did transplant myself knows that price is ridiculous.
there's one workshop do have an eg6 halfcut with b16a on full lock lsd tranny which cost around that price too.
here's the thing, they are searching for someone with d series engine to swap in so the final cost can be cut down too.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
8k for b16a? even me as one who never did transplant myself knows that price is ridiculous.
there's one workshop do have an eg6 halfcut with b16a on full lock lsd tranny which cost around that price too.
here's the thing, they are searching for someone with d series engine to swap in so the final cost can be cut down too.
huhuhu...i remember i bought my eg6 h/cut last time at 8.5k already..lol.... but me is in sarawak la...:banghead:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
last time like 2 years ago?
i thought sarawak things all cheap? lol but seriously, they are cheap right?
no....last time mean bout half year ago....cheap compared to other since it is newer gen eg6 with clean engine, low mileage , water line no rust at all, have abs and tcd that i cant use and , valve cover dont have single scratch ... it is still expensive compare to west malaysia since i keep saw ppl sell eg6 and 9 manual h/cut at 7.5k

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
my car oem no abs, brake pipes line whole car different from with abs.....tcs depent on abs wheel sensor, no abs = no tcs... can be done if u dump a few k of money to custom all the stuff...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
wsukun...Bseries halfcuts are an investment...6 years ago an auto B16a stock standard (no lsd, no TCS, no ABS, no cruise control etc etc) will set u back ~ rm4500...last i checked last year, the same halfcut would cost u around rm 7k. all this is without installation...

B18Cr3 n B16Bs are in a whole other league...5 digit price tag!

minifans...for long term i would say it's worth it. u get good FC when u want it and power when u need it. the B16a is practically bomb proof so it would most proly last longer than the body. but r u willing to spend at least 8k for a conversion? even if yr perceived value of the car increases, your insurance wont be bothered about what engine is inside so if anything happens, u wont be able to recover the expenses spent on the conversion...n the EG is now very hot with car thieves...esp if they know u have a B16a or B18c inside...very dangerous.

Last edited:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
save a little bit more money, and go for K20A transplant....it will last u even longer....the B-series has been around for so many years already....even with the "nicest and cleanest" halfcut u can find, the worn out factor of the parts inside will still be there...K20A halfcut on the other hands, are newer...and even in its stock form, it's already perform very good in an EG-chasis...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
save a little bit more money, and go for K20A transplant....it will last u even longer....the B-series has been around for so many years already....even with the "nicest and cleanest" halfcut u can find, the worn out factor of the parts inside will still be there...K20A halfcut on the other hands, are newer...and even in its stock form, it's already perform very good in an EG-chasis...
*ehem*

is this a sign of whats coming soon?? hehehhehe

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahampehssssssssssssssssssss

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
but seriously...if i'm gonna do my first time dohc vtec conversion now, i'll go for K20A terus....heck if i can sell all my engines now, i'll do a K20A into my EG as well.....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
but seriously...if i'm gonna do my first time dohc vtec conversion now, i'll go for K20A terus....heck if i can sell all my engines now, i'll do a K20A into my EG as well.....
u aint the only one man... id go that direction too..

mounting aint cheap le..
mountings aint cheap...but i think theres a bigger problem than the price of the mountings... halfcut hahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience