Know the top speed of other cars.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi Lesley,

Yes is knowledge. Let say you know a kancil top speed and you saw a kancil coming from behind, you know the kancil will not be faster than you but do you know what is inside that hood of the kancil? The kancil is coming from behind very fast. Do you want to give way or stick at the fast lane and increase your speed to challenge it? If the Kancil has turbo or SC in the hood how? top speed will be different. That is why this threat lead to everyone discussing about the fast lane, over take at left side and even the aunty topic came in and not discussing about top speed. Every car top speed is different, lets say Myvi... the Myvi meter is max 220 and my friend stock myvi can make it 210 but I only manage 140. Top speed is depends on how you shift gears and drive it. Maybe I am not good in it that is why only manage 140. I am not flaming you, just to let you know that knowing all cars top speed is just for knowing only that is all. Did not apply in any where.
Exactly, the car body may have a different heart......:rofl:
My Super Saloon single cam 2.0 auto probably can do 170kmh only, but with the VR heart easily 200kmh+

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Hi. Anyway, my friend kancil can do about 240km/h like that for top speed. He's using the extra meter like pivot I guess, not sure that stuff name. But of course really unstable, just the matter of balls. And his engine was highly modd turbo.
And also Alfa Romeo& Fiat can do around 210 or more easily.

From my experience, I kena cucuk by this one Alza during my way to Melaka& I thought I can smoke him easily but while I'm doing 200km/h with my mom honda crv first gen, the Alza doing so much better& ofcourse left me behind. Lesson learnt and please even what car was beam or maybe tailgating you, move to left lane if possible, because you don't know what inside the hood or as I always assume that he got much important things to do, so that's why he speed like mad. Hah. :)
Doing 200kmh on standard suspension and brakes? Better not and especially on a high riding CRV and also Alza is crazy....:confused:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone knows the top speed of Proton Exora ?

This morning one white Proton Exora come tailgate me, i switch to left lane, he also followed me to the left...

hahaha.....

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Danny,

Its better to know a car top speed because we can decide whether to increase speed or move to the left lane when a car aproaches from the back...

Whats the point if the car at the back of you cannot even overtake you when you moved to the left?

So whats wrong with learning the topspeed of other cars?

Isnt that knowledge?

Very good example is the Perodua Alza, i didnt know it can reach 180km/hr, all these while I thought
if I go 150km he wont be able to follow me...

But at 150km hes still on my tail, I should have known earlier! :banghead::smokin:
Hi Lesley,

Yes is knowledge. Let say you know a kancil top speed and you saw a kancil coming from behind, you know the kancil will not be faster than you but do you know what is inside that hood of the kancil? The kancil is coming from behind very fast. Do you want to give way or stick at the fast lane and increase your speed to challenge it? If the Kancil has turbo or SC in the hood how? top speed will be different. That is why this threat lead to everyone discussing about the fast lane, over take at left side and even the aunty topic came in and not discussing about top speed. Every car top speed is different, lets say Myvi... the Myvi meter is max 220 and my friend stock myvi can make it 210 but I only manage 140. Top speed is depends on how you shift gears and drive it. Maybe I am not good in it that is why only manage 140. I am not flaming you, just to let you know that knowing all cars top speed is just for knowing only that is all. Did not apply in any where.
Knowing the top speed is, well, a knowledge. Like I mentioned that Kancil 660 Auto top speed is 110kmh, then I saw a Reliant Robin behind me. I know that he cant reach 110kmh, lets say only 100kmh, would I floor the pedal and make 110kmh so he cant follow and I'm safe? My opinion is NO. Moreover if it is a Kelisa behind me (kelisa top speed is 150kmh, my assumption) and I know dat I cant outrun him with only 110kmh of velocity, do I: 1) Give way, 2) Floor it more and pray for miracle.

None of the above lol...I will choose (3). Would choose a hat bigger than my head. Would not even want to drive into fast lane anyway with the Kancil.

I think if we see a car maybe doing 10kmh more than us, then mayb we can match its speed and cruise along. But if dat dude behind you is recording its top speed, it is best to move over. :adore:

So if you know its top speed and you know you can do better top speed tham him, the move over and then chase back so he'll move over for you. :rolleyes: then we might not need to wait for another Mayan prediction for doomsday coz we might be doomed anyday :banghead:

reduanhgt

Oct 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Exactly, the car body may have a different heart......:rofl:
My Super Saloon single cam 2.0 auto probably can do 170kmh only, but with the VR heart easily 200kmh+

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Doing 200kmh on standard suspension and brakes? Better not and especially on a high riding CRV and also Alza is crazy....:confused:
Er but the car I assume is ok when doing 200. Forgot to mention the crv on 17 inch rim. So its still kinda stable. Just that the alza, look it was maybe on standard factory fitted& summore its only 1.5 engine& mine is 2.0. What a gap. Haha.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
kelisa also very fast leh now....

i cruise 150 he stick behind so i gave him pass and he accelerate away effortlessly....so let him go la....why need to chase back?

no matter at what speed i'll still gave way... :biggrin:

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Conclusion : If you are doing 300kmh on the highway on the right lane and another car comes up behind you at 350kmh and you don't feel like going any faster than 300kmh....

Give way .

He wanna cheong his problem,
Not your Problem.
If you wanna cheong with him,
Then its both you/his problem.
As long as other road users are safe, No problem.
End up accident, alot of problem,
Kill other road users, Unsolvable Problem.

Just my 2 cents.

Happy New Year and DRIVE SAFE. Cheers.

intrigue

Known Member
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysian driver attitude on NSHW is.... i obey law 110km/h so i can drive where ever lane i want. When u signal to overtake, he don't bother you. When high beam, the driver purposely brake in front and to those kuai lan type, u try to cut him off on the left, he follow left and don't let u overtake. There's too much moron at our NSHW

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nowadays, not worried what my top speed is, as most of the time cannot achieve because traffic in heavy as most of the time congested or jam. Nowadays is how fast your ride can pick up (accelerate).....hahaahahhaha:rofl:

Agree, I also don't care much about top speed (heck my car now only tops 180kph!). Acceleration is more important, especially from cruising speeds at mid rpm ranges. Having said that, I'm still looking to remove that 180kph bugger! :D

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Anyway about going fast in the right lane, I do agree that better to give way if faster car is approaching you from behind unless you want to go faster still. Like just now I came back from holiday trip driving my slow almost fully loaded Grand Livina at around 130-160kph almost constantly and 99% of the others behaved very nicely and gave way almost as soon as I gave little beam signal from the far. Then in the slightly twisty bits with quite a bit more traffic in all lanes, there's a white Camry approaching me and tailgating from behind so I just gave way as well as soon as I could. I wish he would have beam me instead of tailgating! But anyway everyone went our merry way, no problems! :)

But I do want to say to those who wants to speed, please do not expect people to accommodate you as well like you own the road. It's your prerogative to speed but it's also others prerogative to drive within the rules, so if you want to speed, don't harass others and just do your own thing! When I speed I also don't expect people to move over for me if they're already driving reasonably within the rules.

Cheers.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agree, I also don't care much about top speed (heck my car now only tops 180kph!). Acceleration is more important, especially from cruising speeds at mid rpm ranges. Having said that, I'm still looking to remove that 180kph bugger! :D

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Anyway about going fast in the right lane, I do agree that better to give way if faster car is approaching you from behind unless you want to go faster still. Like just now I came back from holiday trip driving my slow almost fully loaded Grand Livina at around 130-160kph almost constantly and 99% of the others behaved very nicely and gave way almost as soon as I gave little beam signal from the far. Then in the slightly twisty bits with quite a bit more traffic in all lanes, there's a white Camry approaching me and tailgating from behind so I just gave way as well as soon as I could. I wish he would have beam me instead of tailgating! But anyway everyone went our merry way, no problems! :)

But I do want to say to those who wants to speed, please do not expect people to accommodate you as well like you own the road. It's your prerogative to speed but it's also others prerogative to drive within the rules, so if you want to speed, don't harass others and just do your own thing! When I speed I also don't expect people to move over for me if they're already driving reasonably within the rules.

Cheers.
Mine also have speed cut, but manage to try it up to 190kmh last time before it cut. My friend have given to me a Speed Cut Defender but did not fit it, as I don't do that speed anyway...

He did not beam you because he might be afraid you may get offended, as some do, so he did not take the chance....:smokin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
He did not beam you because he might be afraid you may get offended, as some do, so he did not take the chance....:smokin:
Sometimes I find it irritating, especially for those like me who has "San kong" (errr..duno what's the word in English, anyone?), means my eyes can't be exposed to bright light or else I'll get dizzy. If flash one time, then mayb after 5 secs flash another time, then it's ok. But some impatient dude can flick his fingers per minute more than his engine could churn. Moreover if he's not even 100m away from me. From mars already keep flashing...apaladong:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Mine also have speed cut, but manage to try it up to 190kmh last time before it cut. My friend have given to me a Speed Cut Defender but did not fit it, as I don't do that speed anyway...

Well for my car, so far I only know the HKS VAC that can work without any side effect but it cost the bomb! :(

Well that's what I don't really understand, people choosing to tailgate very close at high speeds rather than giving a little beam signal from a safe distance. People who are rational should know better which one is the right choice.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Sometimes I find it irritating, especially for those like me who has "San kong" (errr..duno what's the word in English, anyone?), means my eyes can't be exposed to bright light or else I'll get dizzy. If flash one time, then mayb after 5 secs flash another time, then it's ok. But some impatient dude can flick his fingers per minute more than his engine could churn. Moreover if he's not even 100m away from me. From mars already keep flashing...apaladong:banghead:
Astigmatism.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I always flash from a safe distance as I never want to tailgate in any case, but it depends on how fast I'm going. The faster I go, the longer the distance that I'd start to flash. I believe I also flash politely, 2 quick flicks and then wait and see. If still not move over, then a quick flash twice again. If still not moving over, then I'll just overtake from the left when safe to do so.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello people,

I have a problem and need some suggestions.

My 4G63T was fully overhauled. What is did was used ACL Racing Bearing ( Main & Conrods ), then balanced the flywheel, conrods, pistons and clutch cover with MatSpeed. I installed a Toda Metal head gasket.

Currently I am using Thailand Brand Manifold and Wastegate and at 2.8 bar fuel pressure my manifold is turning red. Any lower no power and higher - the engine feels heavy. Any idea where I should troubleshoot.

I had...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience