Know the top speed of other cars.....

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
This threat show that there is still many that do not know the rules and regulations of the road... hai...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm...I guess my sentences had missed some important points that I wanted to say and I sincerely apologize for that. Overtaking in the left lane - yes it is illegal. Why? Because of blind spot. The reason my previous post was I encountered a few times, I was driving at the speed limit in a quiet stretch. While I was cruising at the fast lane, after more than 2 minutes without any car in sight, a merc suddenly tailgated me and kept flashing his light. I dint know for how long it had been behind me, so I slowly steered to the left. To my surprise, he steered to the left to overtake me in a sudden. Luckily I looked at the rear view mirror and quickly steered back right.

So what will happen if he just overtakes me without tailgating? Nth. I would just see him pass through. If there is danger of him colliding with me because he overtakes me from the left then part of the fault is mine coz I should have signaled, make sure I'm free to swerve, then execute it.

If we think of it, yeah it is illegal to overtake from the left. But isn't it illegal to speed and tailgate too? There's no point to prove whose road it is, but to improvise everyday driving ethic to suit the most possible safest way to get from one place to another. I myself gave way to countless speeding cars on the highway. But whenever I drive in the fast lane, I keep to the speed limit. Sorry if I "hogged" some precious time of anyone involved. I myself when driving at 110kmh and encounter an aunty driving 80kmh in the fast lane, I'll follow cautiously and over take from the left, smoothly. Bcoz some drivers NEVER glance the rear view mirror. They are too focused to the front. But we can't really blame them, can we? Not everybody is Sebastian vettel and even some F1 drivers hogged the drive ways.

The above is only my humble opinion. Again, I'm sure not everyone will agree. But whatever it is in the disagreer mind, or even those who agrees, please drive responsibly. No point taking this fuss much further as nobody is right in everyone's eye thus I won't reply any further also. Sticking back to the topic, knowing a car top speed merely help you getting away from it. And if one really wants to know, there is always google. Or call your nearest car dealer and get a Leng lui salesgirl to tell you.

A car top speed that I know: Bugatti Veyron - 400kmh+

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com

Sigh... Dear all, for courtesy sake, just move on to the left when someone wants to pass. If he wants to speed, that's his prerogative.

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
While I was cruising at the fast lane, after more than 2 minutes without any car in sight, a merc suddenly tailgated me and kept flashing his light. I dint know for how long it had been behind me, so I slowly steered to the left. To my surprise, he steered to the left to overtake me in a sudden. Luckily I looked at the rear view mirror and quickly steered back right.

So what will happen if he just overtakes me without tailgating? Nth. I would just see him pass through. If there is danger of him colliding with me because he overtakes me from the left then part of the fault is mine coz I should have signaled, make sure I'm free to swerve, then execute it.
The problem with this is, he doesn't know whether or not you noticed he was at your rear and whether or not you're gonna give way. If you were to notice him earlier and give way, then no problem. But if he were to just overtake to the left, and suddenly you noticed and move on to the left as well, there's gonna be a collision. He didn't know what were you going to do and since you didn't budge for quite sometime, he assumed you're not gonna move and decided to overtake from the left.

Those who are oblivious to their surroundings represent the biggest threat to other drivers. You need to be focused all around, that's what the side and rear mirrors are for! Just focusing at what's in front makes you a bad driver and to me, you are not fit to drive. Oblivious aunties, I'm looking at you.

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
I have to say, some drivers feel that driving at speed limit - 110kmh is a freaking road hogger. If anyone who agree with this sentence, then u're an idiot. Not only that u put ur life in danger, u put others life in danger as well. And also if someone is driving at speed limit while u r speeding and while the left lane is clear from even an ant, JUST SIGNAL AND OVERTAKE!! It's not ur ancestors' road so please do. NOT flash light or tailgate, thinking that the car in front is obliged to give way to u.

No matter what top speed your car can go, no matter how stable your car is, shit happens.
Are you suggesting that others should overtake on the LEFT.??

How righteous of you!!!:banghead::banghead:

"IKUT KIRI KECUALI MEMOTONG'

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Please be warned - stick to the topic at hand. Top speed of cars, not flaming each other about what's on the left.. what's lorong memotong. bla bla bla.. if u r here in this forum, it shows u r no angel. So dont pretend u are not a speed freak. Leave all your alim excuses for your wife, mom, dad, gf, and d cops.

STICK TO THE TOPIC.

Thanks

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The problem with this is, he doesn't know whether or not you noticed he was at your rear and whether or not you're gonna give way. If you were to notice him earlier and give way, then no problem. But if he were to just overtake to the left, and suddenly you noticed and move on to the left as well, there's gonna be a collision. He didn't know what were you going to do and since you didn't budge for quite sometime, he assumed you're not gonna move and decided to overtake from the left.

Those who are oblivious to their surroundings represent the biggest threat to other drivers. You need to be focused all around, that's what the side and rear mirrors are for! Just focusing at what's in front makes you a bad driver and to me, you are not fit to drive. Oblivious aunties, I'm looking at you.
Not only aunty drivers. I noticed many P drivers are like that. Many did not even know my presence when they steer. I have had seen a driver sticking out his head to the front more than the rear view mirror is located.

And for the overtaking, dats why I said in my post when no other car is around, just steer to the left before the getting near to the hogger, drive past him, then steer back to the right after some distance. Isn't that easier? Well for me at least, it is. I believe many have done this maneuver too, instead of flashing the hogger when you realize that he really doesn't know your existence. Some more road bullies and mental people are everywhere..might not wana provoke anyone. Btw all these are my opinions lar..everybody is free to act their part.

Another car top speed to share - kancil 660 auto : 110kmh, maybe +2-3kmh more

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Apologies, BLackHoWLiNG is right !!

Stock standard cars' top speed can get from manufacturer's data.

Posting top speed times here may not be the wisest thing to do!!!

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
aiya...all misunderstanding only lar... sometimes ppl do missed out something one ma... like cvkit17 just accidentally missed out that car behind him only mah... every one of you here sometimes also did not realize there is a car behind you mah... those aunty no body really teach them properly that is why they hogging the fast lane lor... in the aunty mind there is no fast lane or what so ever lane, they only know the road is for cars to move on that is all. So, let stop talking about this and get back on track as BH has help mod to on back the traction control so that we wont go off track again.

there is no point to know every car speed limit and I find this threat is useless. Moderator, is it ok to just close this threat?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
aiya...all misunderstanding only lar... sometimes ppl do missed out something one ma... like cvkit17 just accidentally missed out that car behind him only mah... every one of you here sometimes also did not realize there is a car behind you mah... those aunty no body really teach them properly that is why they hogging the fast lane lor... in the aunty mind there is no fast lane or what so ever lane, they only know the road is for cars to move on that is all. So, let stop talking about this and get back on track as BH has help mod to on back the traction control so that we wont go off track again.

there is no point to know every car speed limit and I find this threat is useless. Moderator, is it ok to just close this threat?
Hi Danny,

Its better to know a car top speed because we can decide whether to increase speed or move to the left lane when a car aproaches from the back...

Whats the point if the car at the back of you cannot even overtake you when you moved to the left?

So whats wrong with learning the topspeed of other cars?

Isnt that knowledge?

Very good example is the Perodua Alza, i didnt know it can reach 180km/hr, all these while I thought
if I go 150km he wont be able to follow me...

But at 150km hes still on my tail, I should have known earlier! :banghead::smokin:

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
Hi Danny,

Its better to know a car top speed because we can decide whether to increase speed or move to the left lane when a car aproaches from the back...

Whats the point if the car at the back of you cannot even overtake you when you moved to the left?

So whats wrong with learning the topspeed of other cars?

Isnt that knowledge?

Very good example is the Perodua Alza, i didnt know it can reach 180km/hr, all these while I thought
if I go 150km he wont be able to follow me...

But at 150km hes still on my tail, I should have known earlier! :banghead::smokin:
Hi Lesley,

Yes is knowledge. Let say you know a kancil top speed and you saw a kancil coming from behind, you know the kancil will not be faster than you but do you know what is inside that hood of the kancil? The kancil is coming from behind very fast. Do you want to give way or stick at the fast lane and increase your speed to challenge it? If the Kancil has turbo or SC in the hood how? top speed will be different. That is why this threat lead to everyone discussing about the fast lane, over take at left side and even the aunty topic came in and not discussing about top speed. Every car top speed is different, lets say Myvi... the Myvi meter is max 220 and my friend stock myvi can make it 210 but I only manage 140. Top speed is depends on how you shift gears and drive it. Maybe I am not good in it that is why only manage 140. I am not flaming you, just to let you know that knowing all cars top speed is just for knowing only that is all. Did not apply in any where.

Last edited:

reduanhgt

Oct 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi. Anyway, my friend kancil can do about 240km/h like that for top speed. He's using the extra meter like pivot I guess, not sure that stuff name. But of course really unstable, just the matter of balls. And his engine was highly modd turbo.
And also Alfa Romeo& Fiat can do around 210 or more easily.

From my experience, I kena cucuk by this one Alza during my way to Melaka& I thought I can smoke him easily but while I'm doing 200km/h with my mom honda crv first gen, the Alza doing so much better& ofcourse left me behind. Lesson learnt and please even what car was beam or maybe tailgating you, move to left lane if possible, because you don't know what inside the hood or as I always assume that he got much important things to do, so that's why he speed like mad. Hah. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifu's, pls comment which engine is more suitable for upgrating the wira 1.5(A), by comparing the FC and HP.

4G91 DOHC (Auto),4G92 DOHC non-mivec(Auto),4G92 DOHC mivec(Auto) and 4G93 DOHC (Auto).
1.6 mives got one triptronic one quite interesting, but dunno how is the HP and FC ???
My current ride is 4G15 (A), which is very in power and very pandai in FC (makan minyak)....about 17~20sen (depends highway and town area). This engin even overtake an ori kancil when wif 5 person in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience