Know the top speed of other cars.....

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Today I was tailgated by another car in the fast lane in PLUS highway....

I was doing 110km/hr

It looked like either a Myvi, or Nissan Grand Livina, or Honda Stream or Perodua Alza...

I tried to loose it from my tail by adding speed of 10km/hr, then 20km/hr then 30km/hr

But the car came even closer, I can only see his or her car front windscreen...

Then when the middle lane was clear, I gave way, and managed to see what car was that !

To my surprise it was only a Perodua Alza !

I call my fren to check the topspeed of Alza, and he told me Alza can go upto 160km/hr

So its good to know the top speed of other cars and give way if we know we cannot lose them from our tail......(kindly share the top speed of other cars you know):banghead::driver:

fakanetic

Mar 21, 2006
move left if you are not full throttle......no matter what car behind.

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
The point is?

If u intend to drive 110 then just stay on that all day long. If capable of 140 all the time, just stay on that.

Why do u need to fluctuate if there's no traffic or cross-wind? Maybe just do others a favour, stay in the middle lane.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Sounds to me you need a better car.... or at least check your rear view mirrors more often to avoid blocking others

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
If you are not overtaking, it's best to be on the left lane as right lane is meant for overtaking, etc. Even if you are driving at 110km/h, it doesn't mean that you need to be at the right lane. I don't think it's a matter of top speed or not. It is related to good driving ethics.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
FYI : i've test drive an alza before. it can clock 180km/h without much fuss. 4 adult on board.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Oh yes!

I forgot to mention, I was overtaking at fast lane, the middle lane was full stretch of cars, holidaymakers plus logistics vehicles
plus office going vehicles,

Therefore I had no choice but to increase speed, but not up to 160km/hr because the highway was quite busy...

Only managed to get space to go into middle lane after a few km.

Alza can do 180km/hr ?

Are you sure? Must be the fastest of the Perodua models? Any faster Perodua model?

Last edited:

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
yes.. definitely can.. maybe more..

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

myvi 1.5 might be faster.. due to lighter weight.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
yes.. definitely can.. maybe more..

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

myvi 1.5 might be faster.. due to lighter weight.
Its quite surprising to learn that a normal car w/o mods can do such speed....

I have driven small cars up to 140-150km/hr but at that speed i felt already very unsteady and hoovering...

Imagine doing 180 .....

Whomever driving at that speed must be quite gutsy i would say...:rofl:

ak.101ss

M50B25TU Crazy.
Jun 5, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
myvi 1.3 - 180-190km/h (extremely unstable-soul ready to leave the human body)
kia spectra 1.6 - 175-180km/h (nearing unstable)
citreon zx volcane 2.0 - 200km/h (somewhat still stable)
bmw e36 325i - 238km/h (stable)
mercedes w210 e300 - 250-255km/h (somewhat still stable)
satria 1.6 (mildly modded ones) - 220-230km/h (somewhat still stable)

this are the cars that i've driven and pushed to the limits in a 'controlled' track.
end of the day, it's about the driver knowing the limits of the car. Sekian Terima Kasih.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I have to say, some drivers feel that driving at speed limit - 110kmh is a freaking road hogger. If anyone who agree with this sentence, then u're an idiot. Not only that u put ur life in danger, u put others life in danger as well. And also if someone is driving at speed limit while u r speeding and while the left lane is clear from even an ant, JUST SIGNAL AND OVERTAKE!! It's not ur ancestors' road so please do. NOT flash light or tailgate, thinking that the car in front is obliged to give way to u.

No matter what top speed your car can go, no matter how stable your car is, shit happens.

quadreduce

Feb 13, 2006
I have to say, some drivers feel that driving at speed limit - 110kmh is a freaking road hogger. If anyone who agree with this sentence, then u're an idiot. Not only that u put ur life in danger, u put others life in danger as well. And also if someone is driving at speed limit while u r speeding and while the left lane is clear from even an ant, JUST SIGNAL AND OVERTAKE!! It's not ur ancestors' road so please do. NOT flash light or tailgate, thinking that the car in front is obliged to give way to u.

No matter what top speed your car can go, no matter how stable your car is, shit happens.
u obeying the 110kmh sign now? why not obey "ikut kiri kecuali memotong" too. JOKE.

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
prelude 1st model with b16a + adjustable absorbers = 180kmh++

Last edited:

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008

There is a reason for the signboard "ikut kiri kecuali memotong". Even in driving school we are taught so

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW Group Malaysia today unveiled the third variant of the 6-series – the Gran Coupé that joins its Coupé and Convertible siblings. The Gran Coupé is BMW’s first four-door coupé that marries sporty aesthetics with powerful dynamics, penetrating yet another segment of premium luxury cars. Four-door sedan and dynamics of a coupé; this is the winning formula for an attractive vehicle with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience