Buying a Lancer Evo?

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
hi all.newbie here.im planning to get evo IX RS edition (now waiting for loan approval).what do i need to check up before i agree to sign the loan agreement and get the car with no regret
below is the mod list of the car (from what i saw with my own eyes)
-koyorad radiator
-Greddy intercooler
-HKS BOV
-HKS EVC
-Custom CAI with heat shield
-boost has been increased and got 2 set up (lower is 1.5 bar and highest is 1.7 bar) - running on stock turbo
-fitted with ralliart meter, defi meter and NRAG meter (a lot of meter here and i couldn't understand it all as my current car are n/a rotary car)
-intercooler water injection has been fitted at rear bonnet
the car salesman ask me 155k for the car price.is the price is ok?
what i know from this forum that the engine oil need to change every 5k km, gearbox oil and radiator coolant for every 20k - 25k km
any others maintenance wise i need to know and to take care about the engine healthiness for long time period?
any suggestion for any good workshop in kl for good servicing and maintenance of the car?
below are the pic of the car and the engine bay

thanks and cheers to all
Correction
This is actually a GT version,not RS version
This is probably the rarest EVO IX Variant
GT seat in between RS and GSR

dns271

Dec 11, 2009
negeri sembilan
hi all.newbie here.im planning to get evo IX RS edition (now waiting for loan approval).what do i need to check up before i agree to sign the loan agreement and get the car with no regret
below is the mod list of the car (from what i saw with my own eyes)
-koyorad radiator
-Greddy intercooler
-HKS BOV
-HKS EVC
-Custom CAI with heat shield
-boost has been increased and got 2 set up (lower is 1.5 bar and highest is 1.7 bar) - running on stock turbo
-fitted with ralliart meter, defi meter and NRAG meter (a lot of meter here and i couldn't understand it all as my current car are n/a rotary car)
-intercooler water injection has been fitted at rear bonnet
the car salesman ask me 155k for the car price.is the price is ok?
what i know from this forum that the engine oil need to change every 5k km, gearbox oil and radiator coolant for every 20k - 25k km
any others maintenance wise i need to know and to take care about the engine healthiness for long time period?
any suggestion for any good workshop in kl for good servicing and maintenance of the car?
below are the pic of the car and the engine bay

thanks and cheers to all

to all bro in MLOC.i've been scam by the salesman for this car.the salesman has run away with my booking money.if anybody spotted this car can u pm me coz i want my money back from him.a police report has been filed for his action.

gsr1.8

Sep 16, 2008
can anyone help me
im looking for e7 /e8

evo7 made 2001 can go loan up to how many yers?
evo8 made 2003 can go loan up to how many yrs?

Nazman

Known Member
Feb 8, 2010
East Coast
can anyone help me
im looking for e7 /e8

evo7 made 2001 can go loan up to how many yers?
evo8 made 2003 can go loan up to how many yrs?

refer to ambak, 2003-2005 year made loan up to 7 years..
2006 and above (e9 e10) up to 9years..

probably 2001-2002 only up to 5 years..

blackcolour

Known Member
Nov 2, 2012
sarawak
Hello guys. i am new in this forum. i am looking for an evo lancer 7. whats the price for now? i seen many seller from mudah.com.my those cars are all modified and the price are quite high... have any other website or better option for me to find cars?

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
happy shopping!!!:wavey:

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
bring along ur trustworthy mech when viewing the car just like what i did.

as leslie said, the loan will be bit or more difficult because of the car ages and also it falls under sport car category. so not many bank are willing to give the loan.

happy hunting :burnout:

ilario

Known Member
Oct 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i owned E9....been use for almost 7 month...check engine light sometimes off and on...btw its always on.....anyone can share something regardless this problem:stupid:

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

and owh ya.....my evo ( is for continue installment....heehhe......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Photography:

Zerotohundred.com
-Tom
-Ldragon

Photokaki.com
-Andy Goh
-SW Wong
-Eric Wong
-Melvin Foo
-Victor Chen

Reviews top
350 Photos bottom (8 pages)

Carrera Cup Asia

It was a good day for Thai motorsport today as motorsport veteran Charoensukhawatana Nattavude took victory...

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience