Michelin Pilot Sport 3

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, previously I use PS3 also still okay. Maybe this particular batch faulty models gua...

Kindly let us know bro...the outcome. I heard they only refund the amount of cash depending
on the thread left on the tyres. Best if u go back to the mech that change the tyres for u.

Cuz my mech told me, since they are Michelin Dealers, is easier for them to get the claim for us.
Most of the time they will just say, ur tyre must be under inflation and etcs. Meaning to say
is our own negligence on caring for the tyres...So, if your mech is michelin dealers, send back
to them. They will handle for u.
Actually it is better customer go and claim. Make noise, and don't back down.
Dealer go and claim, they say this amount is this amount, cannot do anything. They say no claim then how? Moreover you go back to dealer you have to fit new tyres first to return claim tyres.
If go to Michelin direct, they give you claim voucher, then you go to dealer and change and pay the difference. There you can ask dealer you want other brand.....ha! ha!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Actually it is better customer go and claim. Make noise, and don't back down.
Dealer go and claim, they say this amount is this amount, cannot do anything. They say no claim then how? Moreover you go back to dealer you have to fit new tyres first to return claim tyres.
If go to Michelin direct, they give you claim voucher, then you go to dealer and change and pay the difference. There you can ask dealer you want other brand.....ha! ha!
True also wor...good idea. Can bargain ourselves, cuz dealer bargain, bargain fail or win also
we have to change tyres in the end :rofl: So doesnt matter to them :laugh:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
True also wor...good idea. Can bargain ourselves, cuz dealer bargain, bargain fail or win also
we have to change tyres in the end :rofl: So doesnt matter to them :laugh:
Usually they more afraid of customers, because they can learn from bro. Danz......ha! ha!:rofl:
Teach some friends before and had better results. Even some of my tyre shop owner ask customer claim is better, especially when tyre bulge. If you remove from the rims, they say owner curbed the tyres. If the tyres still on the rims, can show them rims got no injury where got curbed the tyres, so got better chance to claim....:driver:

KRZ8v

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Aug 31, 2009
KL/Subang Jaya

I alwiz like to pump around 200-210kpa, year late December 2010. But the torn damage I notice it long time ago edi. I tot it wuz no big deal since nothing major like "bengkak" or rupture happend... until I saw this post lah.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
pls let me know the outcome when u go to michelin..

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
walau...tomorrow need to check all four tires de... hope nothing like this happen to mine...

Rily

Jun 5, 2009
Guys, there was an occasion many years ago with michelin too, the rubber start peeling off on its own, then go dealer said its normal bcos its a very good tire, hence "cengkam", hence, rubber peeling off.

The next thing, went straight to consumer tribunal, then the dealer ask us to drop the case then they replace a new set.

The problem was bcos those tires are kept for more than 2 years.

My 2cents bro!

Good luck.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
PS3 users better check your tyres. But should be isolated case because many have used without problems.....

Renk

Oct 12, 2012
Sabah
i dont rmb when i bought my ps3 and what mileage d. how u guys keep the record? lol est myb within 2 years gua.. tread level 50-60% before indicator

slightly off topic abit. i hear someone here sed he pump 210kpa, but i pump 270kpa front n 260 back, thats somewhere along 38, 39 psi

cuz lastime i pump 32psi like that, my dunlop bald habis the outside tread but the centre still damn good...so after i get the ps3, i pump it at least 260 like that. nowdays it wears out more evenly and the grip also better.

Vtec city
195/50/15R

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
The wear could be caused by the ratio of natural rubber & SBR to produce the tire is out and the vulcanization (curing) process was not adjusted to the changed in ratio. All tires made need to go through a vulcanization process to improve the tire's properties so during the process, the polymers are all crosslink to each others to form chains. IF the vulcanization process was not adjusted properly according to the ratio it will affect the tires. The important thing in tires is the Dynamic properties which affect the flexing of the tires when it is moving. If the tire don't have good dynamic properties, it will crack and chip off easily.

Since , not all PS3 users complain about this problem, I believed this problem affect a certain batches of PS3. I've visited before rubber manufacturing plant and each time they received new raw material they have to go through lab test and adjust the mixture of S-SBR and the vulcanization process accordingly to the raw material because natural rubber from different country have different properties.

Hope the information helps..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody got this installed?...is it ok?...coz im comtemplating on either GAB soft hard hi lo or Kayaba RS Pro hi lo...significant difference in pricing...GAB @ 2.2k n the Kayaba @ 1.3k++..some of my frens recommended me to go with kayaba as it is not that stiff compare to GAB (note: wife n small baby sometimes ride with me)...

Need advice...thanx..:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience