mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i honestly have no idea... i just know thats what im using only hahahahahhaha

i still dont even know which one is the brake servo HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Where is master shiro again??i knw he done the ek9 brake conversion on his eg, master shiro,I need u to share ur exp pls...and do the ek9/bb1 front caliper direct bolt on eg knuckles or must use the ek9 knuckles?? :rolleyes::confused:

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

And also How bout the brake servo and proportional valves?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
now i might only need the brake servo and proportioning valve answer since i plan to sumbat the evo 4 2 pot with the e3 286m rotor to my car....with custom bracket of course since e3 caliper same as e4 but the caliper bracket mounting point is diff...plan to search for e3 caliper but since i got e4, i might as well as spent the $$ to custom bracket....problem is scare the brake servo cant tahan support 2 pot...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
from what i was told... the stock master cylinder and pump can still support Spoon 4pot....just abit kureng la.. better to upgrade...but the stock ones are still useable...

my suggestion is... since u gonna make a custom bracket anyway.. how about u sell the 2 pots u have to the proton fellers.....and get yerself skyline R32/R33 calipers with 282mm rotors and custom the bracket.... the 4pot calipres are aluminium and about half the weight of the EK9/BB1 caliper....u can also get the silvia calipers...they are smaller than the skylines but are cast iron so they are heavier...but still lighter than EK9/BB1 calipers by about 3-400 grams iirc....

if u get the stock skyline rotor with caliper.. too big for 15" but if u get the stock silvia rotor with caliper can fit...coz the silvia rotor is 280mm.....skyline caliper + prelude 282mm rotor can clear 15" depending on rim design and offset... got a couple of friends who had this setup.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
from what i was told... the stock master cylinder and pump can still support Spoon 4pot....just abit kureng la.. better to upgrade...but the stock ones are still useable...

my suggestion is... since u gonna make a custom bracket anyway.. how about u sell the 2 pots u have to the proton fellers.....and get yerself skyline R32/R33 calipers with 282mm rotors and custom the bracket.... the 4pot calipres are aluminium and about half the weight of the EK9/BB1 caliper....u can also get the silvia calipers...they are smaller than the skylines but are cast iron so they are heavier...but still lighter than EK9/BB1 calipers by about 3-400 grams iirc....

if u get the stock skyline rotor with caliper.. too big for 15" but if u get the stock silvia rotor with caliper can fit...coz the silvia rotor is 280mm.....skyline caliper + prelude 282mm rotor can clear 15" depending on rim design and offset... got a couple of friends who had this setup.
hurm... rim to clear 4 pot.. that is the major problem :banghead::banghead:no budget to get new rim for the moment.....and the 2 pot i got is evo 4, unless they got the evo 4 knuckles, else even proton or real evo 3 still cant pnp the caliper,still need make bracket...they will not get mine instead they will get evo 3 direct pnp (what i think la)..the 4 pot i can get it easily Gambar Hi Way AutoCo | Facebook

just from my calculation....if i fabricate bracket only cost me around inside rm600, the e4 2 pot is previously on my wira evo, already got mkt pads, i got myself new e3 rotor, and caliper service kit..so what i need pay is the bracket and might be 4 new caliper bolts....

if upgrade 4 pot, caliper and disc cost rm500,reskim + new pad rm350+- , service kit cost remain unknown , bracket fees rm600+-, rim rm1000+- (replica).....standby bout 2k ... do u think this worth sifu?and still dunno the current steel brake lines fit it or not...:banghead::banghead:

arghh .. head blown:banghead:... not forgot to say gonna get the new racing clutch and lsd 1st before the brake upgrade...current exedy 4 puck slip on 1st and 2nd gear already... ogura single plate and exedy twin plate (all are used unit, but will sent to Brclutch to "overhaul") ,dunnoo choose which 1, single plate scare it wont hold when i boosted 1.5 bar (probably over 350whp)...twinplate scare the exedy made it wont last long when i daily drive:banghead::banghead:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
worth it or not...up to u la bro...for me its worth it la...but ur rims now using wat?

anyway....gonna PM U after this

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

hohohoho....saw the caliper... i actually want that caliper... but cannot find anyone selling caliper only... but i found silvia caliper only and bought a few months ago..now sitting in my room waiting for money hahahahhahahaha

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
worth it or not...up to u la bro...for me its worth it la...but ur rims now using wat?

anyway....gonna PM U after this

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

hohohoho....saw the caliper... i actually want that caliper... but cannot find anyone selling caliper only... but i found silvia caliper only and bought a few months ago..now sitting in my room waiting for money hahahahhahahaha
enkei rs evolution,2 piece rim..but now rethink why dun just take normal rpo1 or ssr type c:banghead: (cost me 2k plus last time:banghead::banghead:).....15" 6.5jj offset +43...from the design,i pretty sure it can clear 2 pot, but 4 pot still a nono....

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

like this Google Image Result for http://www.e-barang.my/Uploads/1304598819_1519017256.jpg

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
enkei rs evolution,2 piece rim..but now rethink why dun just take normal rpo1 or ssr type c:banghead: (cost me 2k plus last time:banghead::banghead:).....15" 6.5jj offset +43...from the design,i pretty sure it can clear 2 pot, but 4 pot still a nono....

if 280-282 rotor with 2pot calliper from Vr4rs or E3 to EG knuckel why u still need to fabricate bracket to hold the calliper????:banghead::hmmmm2:...for brake servo and for big master pump u can use from nissan..this set can fit.

Last edited:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

if 280-282 rotor with 2pot calliper from Vr4rs or E3 to EG knuckel why u still need to fabricate bracket to hold the calliper????:banghead::hmmmm2:...for brake servo and for big master pump u can use from nissan..this set can fit.

i did mentioned earlier, mine is evo 4 2 pot, same caliper as e3 but diff bracket as e3, therefore need mod the bracket.....

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i did mentioned earlier, mine is evo 4 2 pot, same caliper as e3 but diff bracket as e3, therefore need mod the bracket.....
ooo like that..i see..i see...but if calliper screw hole is 138mm to 160mm(outer hole) i dont think so need to do fabricate bracket to hold the calliper...even nissan 4pot-110 mm also dont need bracket to fit at EG 155mm(something like that la...):confused:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
is something to do with the caliper bracket, not the screw hole...the caliper's bracket spacing is diff from what on ur knuckles, that is why need fabricate bracket...

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
is something to do with the caliper bracket, not the screw hole...the caliper's bracket spacing is diff from what on ur knuckles, that is why need fabricate bracket...
oh yes.then just do something on ur knuckels without using or add bracket....EG screw hole to hole is 150mm(something) if not mistake la..thats what i try to say...sory mybe its be difficult to u to understand what i try to say coz my bad english..:adore:to add bracket is only if i need to offset the calliper..but if its just below than 10mm i still will find the way not to add bracket...i more like its look like ori,after all mode done.

this what i mean for the measure...

Last edited:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
peterj...good to see u joined the honda club. what happened to yr wira? n how did you fix the piston clearance issue?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
my wira..hard long story... i just sumbat the piston directly....still fine till now....5000km plus already, oil level same....i am the lucky one perhaps

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody pls help me to look around this car has been stolen yesterday nite at Tmn Molek 8++....Just used for a few months.Thanks
if anyone saw this car pls call 0127342188.It is in blue colour...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience