Myvi Lagi Best.....Modification

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
There is limitation of mod that can be done to a Myvi. The treadstarter should realize that the Myvi is FIRSTLY and ORIGINALLY designed for:

1) efficient fuel consumption
2) easy maintenance
3) simple drive-about vehicle
4) practical, affordable, etc

Modding this car for performance would yield limited result. This car simply do not have the performance "DNA" in itself.

If wanna go all-out performance, I would suggest the better platform/model. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Hi bro Ken yeang,
No Sorry,but feel Happy coz u willing to share with Truth...

:wavey:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Maybe save money to get a car like CR-Z or maybe better car that is meant to be injected with race blood :biggrin:
Satria Neo R3 is a good start xD

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Well if you have and willing to spend the extra cash on modding your car why not. At the end of the day it is your self satisfaction that keeps you smiling while driving. :)

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
maybe u can share your opinion on what to do without tranplanting the engine of this nice "town drive" car so it can smoke weed or so....:) :smokin:
I have no problems with the Myvi, in fact I have one sitting in the driveway at home. its a fantastic city car, gets good mileage and is easy to drive.

but my point is... the statement about a Myvi having ENOUGH power is just absurd.

looking at the thread starters post, he's looking to modify the car to get MORE power out of it, and instead the 2 following comments stated that the Myvi already had enough power as is... thats what I was poking fun of.

again, I am all for modifying cars regardless of the make and model. there have been some amazingly modded Myvi's that do decent times around Sepang, and it just shows what potential the chasis has.

so if you're looking for power, first you have to work out what your budget is... if you only have RM1k to spare, the standard Intake/Header/Exhaust mods will give you a decent bump in power (maybe +10bhp), and if you have more to spare, an SAFC + mild dyno tuning would help optimize and improve overall driveability.

however, if you have a bigger budget, bolt on turbo kits are now relatively cheap, and would give you the best bang for buck. but i'm assuming the car is still under warranty and you wouldn't want to completely void it by slapping on something abit more hardcore.

so in conclusion, assess your budget, and do whats best for you and your car, and bear in mind, you get what you paid for... so don't cut corners (e.g. cutting springs to lower the car, or purchasing an open pod filter from Brothers which would warp after 1 month, going to Wai Heng for your exhaust work and having the welds snap after 2 weeks). spend smart.

hope this helps.

Maybe save money to get a car like CR-Z or maybe better car that is meant to be injected with race blood :biggrin:
Satria Neo R3 is a good start xD
i'm good friends with the engineer that designed the Satria Neo's suspension system, and for a Proton car, I must say it holds its own as a budget car lover's platform.

Last edited:

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
things i did for my wife MyVi are for...
- increase response a bit due to AT
- increase handling and security a bit due to MyVi torsion beams setup

all out performance will be on my SEG...:wavey:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Everyone has his own opinion.

Whatever the case, one need to budget the spending on cars.
I would think cars are liability, not an asset like property.

When it comes to modding cars, the sky is the limit in hp, performance, handling, look, etc.
If got money and crazy enuf, even skateboard can have an engine with turbo power.
but when it comes to money, there is always a limit.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
N/A mods on Myvi..wasting time and money. Don't do it. Handling, big difference.. Myvi really lacking in that area. You want power..turn off air con..that's immediate 2bhp for you..

A Myvi 1.3L, you spend RM2k, also don't know if you can match the performance of a Myvi 1.5L. And a Myvi 1.5L is still relatively gutless.

If you want something significant, something that makes a difference, get a turbo. Otherwise things like open pod filter, exhaust system, header..really, don't bother.

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
N/A mods on Myvi..wasting time and money. Don't do it. Handling, big difference.. Myvi really lacking in that area. You want power..turn off air con..that's immediate 2bhp for you..

A Myvi 1.3L, you spend RM2k, also don't know if you can match the performance of a Myvi 1.5L. And a Myvi 1.5L is still relatively gutless.

If you want something significant, something that makes a difference, get a turbo. Otherwise things like open pod filter, exhaust system, header..really, don't bother.
Thanks for ur comments Bro ixeo..

Cheerz.

:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006

that is also true, bro.

However, I have seen "fearless" (or dont know how to write "die") myvi drivers, taking a stock car and drove it (insanely) to the limit.

Gutless Myvi car, yes.

but

Takes balls of steel to drive it like that.

So, to drive well, take a good car, plus a good driver.....a perfect marriage!

For most of average drivers, I guess we are too sayang of our car....sikit sikit scratch oso heart pain-pain liow.

Wacking our car to the limit?? hahahaha....very seldom

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
agreed.

even my grandmother thinks the Myvi is underpowered... so why would anyone think it's ENOUGH?
I think it's enough. Our highway speed limit is 110, trunk roads 80-90 only. There's no need to do sprint test at every traffic light stop like those boy racers.. :proud:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
some will be content with 100hp car. Other see 100hp car are like grass cutter machine.

Different ppl see hp differently.
One thing for sure.....do you have the moolah to do the modding? Would you think it would worth it?

and once you have attained the hp (just say 350hp), do you have the guts drive the car to the limit?

Kenny Yeoh Oon Siak

From Facebook
Mar 31, 2012
www.facebook.com
Bro NukeeZoid, so if i happen to want to swap the myvi to something real powderful, what would your suggestion be? i need something which is real quick, handles like its on rails and must look good..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Bro NukeeZoid, so if i happen to want to swap the myvi to something real powderful, what would your suggestion be? i need something which is real quick, handles like its on rails and must look good..
what's your definition of real quick? give a 0-100 time and only then sensible recommendations can be made.

to me a kenari with a fart pipe feels real quick at 140km/h.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone can help me ! I really appreciate it. I've converted my Merz 280SE 1984 model to Nissan RB20 Turbo (R32). Everything was ok accept the power steering. It seems that the Merz steering box doesnt match with Nissan pump coz Nissan Skyline is using steering rack (according to my mechanic...even he himself gave up on this). I've tried to fix back the original pump but the pully doesnt match with Nissan engine pully. Anyone have experience with this kinda problem?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience