Typical timing for street cars at Sepang SIC

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
no worry... no all ppl here r Schumache lah... keke... if said go to SIC 1st get our skill right 1st not the car.

KEE aka Storm

Known Member
Nov 22, 2009
Subang Jaya
agree with blue taxi, improve your skill, learn more about your car, get to know how your car behave, you can improve your lap time when you know how to utilize your car's potential.

if you can get a sifu to teach you, surely you will learn faster ;)

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
most important before for a track day... find out what r the color flags stand for & where r the red lights located, not crossing the WHITE line as u go into the track.

As for a few years I see many fast car "taiko" can go fast in SIC... but all fail in the track rules?!!

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
just to share a little bit after a few outings at track days with friends. Timing are based on Sepang Transponder. All the cars are road cars.. means radio, seats and accessories are in the car.

1. Honda CIVIC CRX with R888 tyre (street car with just B16A stock engine) 2:50
2. Proton Wira 1.8L Turbo 4G93T with R888 tyre 2:47 RE-001 tyre 2:59
3. Mitsubishi EVO 8, R888 tyre 2:40 (with varis CF hood/trunk and GT Wing)

all amature drivers only.. hehehe.. weekend warrior type. :)

def_lok

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hey all!

thanks for the verrrry informative thread you guys have here. i did have more things to worry now (as in the thinking process) during my driving on any other day! Well i've stop listening to the stereo just to get to the feel, if you know what i mean.

Anyways just got back from TTA open track, manage to clock 3:35++ personal fastest time today. Driving an auto neo (well i've just get started, on wifey's car!), been investing on handling and lubes, as well as the extractor to mid. The rest were stock gaban.

Was a hot day today and as predicted, campro engine (or it's just mine)tends to be a lazy, unresponsive, @#$!@#% (imagine T1, 15 & 14 with one hand, taken in from the inside! top speed 140-160 on straight the most. sigh...) but the point is i did have a great time.

A great time indeed as my investment (on handling) paid off, it's now time to go for the speed upgrades, and transmission too (don't have the privilege$ to get thi$ done for time being).

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
just back from tta track day as well with my small potato viva 1.0

dam shy, first time go sepang. manage to clock 3:40~
definitely need better tyres to whack the corners, perhaps semi slicks

didnt really whack the corners hard enough, and excessive braking :bawling:

Nic121

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
clocked within 2.40 marks wif street rubbers, oni the mighty Type R + skilled drivers can achieved lol

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
just back from tta track day as well with my small potato viva 1.0

dam shy, first time go sepang. manage to clock 3:40~
definitely need better tyres to whack the corners, perhaps semi slicks

didnt really whack the corners hard enough, and excessive braking :bawling:
hey bro, nice viva u have there...especially d side mirrors :adore:

good timing too. :adore::adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
unker fs....how was your time with alza? hehehehehe....

yesterday's trackday really amusing...me and mosh taking time even singing song along with the radio while skidding,sliding,understeering on almost every corner.....hahahahahahaahahahahaha....

also a few close calls but lucky enuf to escape without any trip to the kitty litter sand trap.... :biggrin:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
unker fs....how was your time with alza? hehehehehe....

yesterday's trackday really amusing...me and mosh taking time even singing song along with the radio while skidding,sliding,understeering on almost every corner.....hahahahahahaahahahahaha....

also a few close calls but lucky enuf to escape without any trip to the kitty litter sand trap.... :biggrin:
my time using butt dyno timer (using frens g.note sitting beside), 3.30+s thats almost a minute fm the fastest on the track ahhahahaa....

u tangkap my gambar yesterday ah?? :rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
my time using butt dyno timer (using frens g.note sitting beside), 3.30+s thats almost a minute fm the fastest on the track ahhahahaa....

u tangkap my gambar yesterday ah?? :rofl:

so fast...no wonder la when we saw u at the back straight (while we on T9) and try to catch up but never got... hahahaha.....

ya ya...to be the SIC picture of the day :biggrin:

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
hey bro, nice viva u have there...especially d side mirrors :adore:

good timing too. :adore::adore:
Haha thanks bro. First time on sepang. Don't really dare to attack corners hard. So many fast cars on the track, been giving way to all of them haha.

R u the one driving alza with open pod filter inside the fender?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
Haha thanks bro. First time on sepang. Don't really dare to attack corners hard. So many fast cars on the track, been giving way to all of them haha.

R u the one driving alza with open pod filter inside the fender?
yeah tats the only car i can afford LOL

wat absoba u using? hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hehehe...got some info.....
There another way to get a cold air intake for the engine.....usually from the front bumper..but dis is interesting ones.....so let see it......

*GeeSer's OEM Conversion to a CAI and A Different Location to Draw Cold Air From: Cowl Induction (like NASCAR)

if you think this is a weird idea, then check out the pic of the Japanese Nakayama intake seen in this Japanese...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience