Power FC tuning

mafiabear

Jan 15, 2006
YES, i know this has been on the thread before. :) But time changed and im sure there is heaps of tuners out there. Problem is; are they good or not? Please share your experience of your power fc/hks fcon/haltech/motec etc tuning place and the result of it dear sifu's and otai otai! :)

iloveskyline

Known Member
Nov 15, 2008
I only have experience with FC and F con.

I would say the best choice is FC in malaysia.

FC is easy tuning for every tuner, tuning charges is cheaper compare with F Con, FC can get very good results as F con also. But FC is 24 x 24 only.

F con V pro is more complicated compare with FC, F Con is 48 x 48. F con will be charge more expensive for tuning if compare with FC. And not many tuner in malaysia can do it. Just few only.

mafiabear

Jan 15, 2006
Hows your experience with power FC?where did you go to tune it?Any good or bad experience at the tuner?

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
PFC many tuners can do.

One of the good ones is Speed Effect. Although my old rustbucket had and still has many issues, the map was never a problem.

iloveskyline

Known Member
Nov 15, 2008
Hows your experience with power FC?where did you go to tune it?Any good or bad experience at the tuner?
Power FC is good enough. and easy get tuner, not nid headache, and charge cheaper .
I am from sabah, if say semenanjung tuner for FC, I think many can do good result for you. I am not sure who, But i know from my friend who from semenanjung, they driving bnr34, and use FC.
Is ST Wangan, still got few, i forget what name. LOL !!!

If you willing to pay more. You can invite Ando San. XD:driver:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
there will always be good and bad feedback on most tuners.

for example, i'm quite happy with my haltech which was installed and tuned by GT Auto. but there are people who had bad experiences with them and eventhough i'm their regular customer, i think i'm in no place to dispute whatever their experiences may be.

my advice is to get a few recommended shops and talk to the tuners urself. once ur comfortable with the tuner either as a friend or just through having conversations, then u can go to second base.

just like taking a girl out lah. even if u go around asking ppl about her, would u really be able to know how she is like in real life. get to know the shop and if ur comfortable enough, try lah doing some things on ur car at the said shop.

no workshop/tuner is perfect, most must have some flaws either way.

from what i know, GT Auto, Speed Effect, N1 and a few other shops do tune PFC. how good, depends on who is judging.

another advice is, i would prefer to have installation of performance parts and the ecu with tuning done by the same person/shop. reason why is that the fella can actually do it from scratch and would not waste time doing troubleshooting if parts are incorrectly installed or other problems that may arise from another mech's handy work.

this would then of course give u the ability to tiu the fella if anything goes wrong.

if u put in parts by urself or by a mech and get tuning done by another mech, then the tuner may encounter problems that might be caused by the earlier effort. thus troubleshooting would cost more time and money (that is not the worst part). worse is of course having the engine blown up.

so walk around and jalan2 cari tuner lah.

u can ask gobiz2 or BloodRed if u want to go and talk to Speed Effect. [PIMPIN] can bring u to N1 and myself to GT Auto. but of course, according to our schedules lah coz we're working ppl also. nevertheless, we're happy to help an enthusiast in need.

:biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Stick with the PowerFC you have. Find out whatever problems (if any) that you have before going any further. No point changing ECUs if you do not know what is fundamentally wrong with the setup. Ask yourself, is the PFC the limiting factor in the overall setup? I seriously doubt it so if you have one already - just get it tuned properly once and for all.

Most workshops in the "Golden Mile" of Sunway and even many others elsewhere can do it no worries. I'd go with one you're most comfortable with, will provide support post-tune, advice on next steps to take on path to more power and finally do the right thing should things go belly up and its the tuner's fault.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi members, just an inquiry.....maybe got discussed before but cannot find the thread........

ok i want to change my engine for more power....my current ride using 4G15 injection on wira 2004 dec model...mileage reach 117,000++.....engine still good condition no oil consumption/problems.........

iam seriously thinking of converting to 1.8gsr turbo but some opinions by friends are stopping me, they say since i clock high mileage and the car will be my daily workhorse its going to be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience