Popping exhaust sound !!

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
its cool but i dont think is efficiency if u custom made outside, unless is ori fix on then it will popping, then is engineered.
As Ronzai said, Lotus muffler system, ori engineering, RM1300 per set.

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if i remove the resonator (tabung belakang) from my exhaust system, will i suffer any power loss instead of increasing the exhaust loudness? how long is the best size of resonator for 1.6na?

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
Actually the popping sound is the most likely to be the unburned fuel, exploding in the exhaust system and cause it to be "popping"

This happened quite a lot usually after a change from stock to performance exhaust, where the ori tuned is still not adapting to it

My customer usually as me how to get rid or minimized that sound, instead of enhancing that sound :biggrin:

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro pls answer my question (above).. i add 1 more question.
is it good if i use muffler with 2.2" inlet but using piping 2" size from extractor till muffler?

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
I can't give you the exact solution.
Exhaust always the deserted art in the automobile industries. Often people think exhaust is another piece of metal, but you know, the european spending millions to ensure the sound of exhaust in a bmw or mb or jaguar is tune to perfection.

Take example of ANSA who spended millions on a "sound room" to tune their exhaust, so when the vehicle or even truck are running of the road, the sound is tune like music to your ears.

The simple way you can do is to have a look and measure the diameter of the sample, and go ahead with "trial n error" error method will lead you to there....

It is a common practice the diameter of the exhaust system to start from smaller to bigger , this is because we need to create a vacuum situation where the exhaust gas will flow out from your engine to the environment safely. Or else you will be punishing your exhaust system to overwork.

So i see no harm for you to use a 2-1/4 dia rear exhaust.

mcliong1

Known Member
Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
my honda city change to m7 super street straight muffler also got pop pop when let go the rev... This is consider ok or i need to tune it? thanks

Blackheart617

Jul 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
bro pls answer my question (above).. i add 1 more question.
is it good if i use muffler with 2.2" inlet but using piping 2" size from extractor till muffler?
it depends on ur engine..if ur engine is 1.8N/A and above, 2" piping and inlet is da most suitable system for ur car.if turbo, u can use 2.2" and above. if u don't use da right exhaust system, ur car will loose torque and increse ur fc and of course ur money..
just my 2cent