D16 bolt on

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
anything can tapau b16a la... hahahahaha.. honestly...! the only kick part abt it is the crossover

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
but that kit easyly tapau stoak b16a.:biggrin:
you are right bro...seen this with my own 2 eyes...and had the chance to even drive it...seriously powerful..scary bai

but aranny i think is better off with a b16a...cause he not really into power performance...he i think wants something easy to maintain and slightly more powerful than his d15... if one day he is bored with 16a, can alwasy go for b20...

bot, the guy needs to love and pamper the baby...and take care of her...than she will whoop lots of a$$..

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
you are right bro...seen this with my own 2 eyes...and had the chance to even drive it...seriously powerful..scary bai

but aranny i think is better off with a b16a...cause he not really into power performance...he i think wants something easy to maintain and slightly more powerful than his d15... if one day he is bored with 16a, can alwasy go for b20...

bot, the guy needs to love and pamper the baby...and take care of her...than she will whoop lots of a$$..
mine is D16.... hahaha..... B20 powerful eh? i thought the B18C is powerful... dun compare K series la... B20 halfcut how much? but susah wanna endorse right? some more 2.0 is bit heavy oh... roadtax expensive.... B16A really that powerful? cause i nv sit on B16a car before:biggrin: pity me... ppl areound me no one is playing B16 also...

civic 0.5 BAR

Known Member
Jun 3, 2006

agree.bro.
recommen he go for b16.easy maintain.somemore driving honda mostly go for v-tec,that the meanning.
and enjoy the NA power,love the v-tec sound,no one able copy

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I'm just thinking, can D16 engine be upgraded to, say 145-160hp with just using more agressive camshaft, higher compression piston, conrod, intake/exhaust and good piggyback/standalone ECU? Can this upgrade be done in under RM5000 while still maintaining reliability and driveability?
Better still, can still use RON95 without knocking issue? :hmmmm:

Maybe just an alternative way and my 2 cents.. :biggrin:

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm just thinking, can D16 engine be upgraded to, say 145-160hp with just using more agressive camshaft, higher compression piston, conrod, intake/exhaust and good piggyback/standalone ECU? Can this upgrade be done in under RM5000 while still maintaining reliability and driveability?
Better still, can still use RON95 without knocking issue? :hmmmm:

Maybe just an alternative way and my 2 cents.. :biggrin:
mine is non vtec... after watch so much of vtec video... it sounds sp nice with na too

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
i decide to going high boost d16 after saw those western guy hit 300whp easily and it is damn fast( a lot on youtube), that is why even in honda forum, many turboed honda guy come out with this quotes, "God creates turbo lag to give NA a chance":biggrin:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
i decide to going high boost d16 after saw those western guy hit 300whp easily and it is damn fast( a lot on youtube), that is why even in honda forum, many turboed honda guy come out with this quotes, "God creates turbo lag to give NA a chance":biggrin:
but now many modern turbo engines have almost zero lag like the recent BMW turbos, NA engines still got chance or not? :biggrin:

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
wow, 300 whp... fastest D16 in malaysia... lol.... but it's stage 3 turbo already.. i think you need to change alot of parts, conrod, piston and so on.... whose western ppl able to do so cause they can get a good D series aftermarket part there... in malaysia it's hardly to see performance part of D series, mostly B series.. that's the reason why D series is not really popular as in USA... so if you really wanna mod to 300whp, you need to have a very deep pocket to order part from there may be... and a very good mechanic to do it for you.. cause D series hp is about 120hp and you wanna upgrade to 300 whp is abit insane for me la... wahahahahahahah :biggrin: anyway, happy modding and boosting, cheers!

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
what my plan is forged piston,forged conrod,acl bearing, block guards, upgrade injector,etc...... around price for a b18cR halfcut(around 12-15k)... but output is far beyond the type R, big problem is , dunno where to find good clutches and lsd for d16:banghead: any idea? searched a lot, only entry level clutch from exedy, other i see nothing in malaysia market unless those with heavy pedal feel:biggrin:

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
what my plan is forged piston,forged conrod,acl bearing, block guards, upgrade injector,etc...... around price for a b18cR halfcut(around 12-15k)... but output is far beyond the type R, big problem is , dunno where to find good clutches and lsd for d16:banghead: any idea? searched a lot, only entry level clutch from exedy, other i see nothing in malaysia market unless those with heavy pedal feel:biggrin:
to get such a high power mod i think you really need to find a good mechanic who has the experience on high power boosting... if not, your 15k can fly away~ and everything ruin up perhaps

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
we have the mech here,tuner also:biggrin: just dun have such budget yet, january next year maybe:biggrin:very soon

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am currently driving a satri 1.3GLi. I have been experiencing problem with starting my engine. It usually takes 2 to 3 kicks before my car starts everytime my engine is cool. Does anyone else experience the problem? I have sent it to a few mechanics and also EON and they say nothing is wrong. Hope you all can help. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience