D16 bolt on

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
ya,mine was lag at third gear.i m using td05-14b.i think the way to do only rev engine to 9k rpm...

what ur set up???

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

i repair chainsaw...hahaha
haha... you can charge your chainsaw already... cut metal not for wood

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
So sorry i did not recieve the memo from Tom that said i must have prior experience with a particular subject before i open my trap to comment.
I have driven turbo cars before. Factory turbos. No, i haven't gone and BOT. At any rate, what has that got to do with the price of fish?
What you are saying is that after Honda, Toyota, et al. have spent tubs of moeny getting the most out of an engine, we can take the car to Ah Kaw down the road and plunk in a turbo to make the engine even more "efficient". Like having my cake and eat it too. Sure.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
iam talking from experience, are u? let me repeat myself, turbochargers are made to increase an engine's efficiency, dat means u can harness more power per capacity and burn less fuel in its operation if operated normally. u can achieve the same level of torque earlier in the revv with the help of a charger, simple.

What you are saying is that after Honda, Toyota, et al. have spent tubs of moeny getting the most out of an engine, we can take the car to Ah Kaw down the road and plunk in a turbo to make the engine even more "efficient". Like having my cake and eat it too. Sure.
yes, of course u can, IF u know what r u doing. yes, of course u can have the cake and eat it, i do it all the time sir. i dont understand y u cant, lol

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
How can you save fuel with turbocharging compared to stock non-turbo? Anytime you mess with factory settings to increase power, you consume more fuel. Especially with turbos. This is a given.
this is not true bro. factory settings usually more on the RICH side. this has been proven many times.

get the car retuned with the help of an EMS and a good tuner, the car gains power, and at the same time save petrol because we have optimized the air/fuel mix.

i have modded both NA and TC bro.

and both had MUCH better consumption compared to when it was in stock, and it had much better power too.

jep3003

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2005
guys,

im wondering is there anyone bolt on turbo kit for their D16? my engine is d16 non vtec... had considered of transplant a B16a in it.. but kind of expensive. I've seen some seller do offer a low boost turbo kit for honda engine , max boost 0.5bar. no need to change internal part. im actually kind of interested in it. so wonder if anyone bolt on with that low boost only?

will it have alot problem since it's low boost?

how is the maintenance? will the engine bay become very compact and difficult for maintenance in future?

will it be more save fuel compare to na since injector and fuel pump no need to change...

would like to hear from you guys opinions.. :itsme:
my last car was a honda civic sr4 d16 sohc vtec turbo, manual, td05 vr4 with garret 17g fins, 1.8mm metal gasket, blockguard, 390cc gsr injectors, 62mm type-r TB, emanage blue boosting 0.9bar at first i got 191hp on wheel 'dynojet' compression was 9 i think... cant really remember my FC but when im not boosting, to me FC was great... additional stuff like aluminum radiator with additional fan, oil cooler with an adapter that has a thermostat, aluminium apexi hybrid GT intercooler with alloy piping, helps with power and FC..

my car was driven daily and sometimes long distance... no probs with FC, over-heating or power... boosted up to 1.2bar... to me if everything is fitted correctly, tuning is the key...

what is needed for a BOT 0.5bar, bigger injectors, fuel regulator, double up ur standard metal gasket, a piggyback management which can tune AFR, ignition timing and has boost cut to eliminate check light, a turbo kit that matches with what u want... others items like aluminum radiators, oil coolers, block guard and etc will keep your engine save...

happy boosting!

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Hey AD,

I concede to your superior experience in this matter. After all, i am just a armchair enthusiast who is more interested in performance gain than fuel milage.

I wonder if the engine your are talking about is bigger displacements like 2ltrs and upwards. Smaller engines like the 1.6L Hondas are already very fuel efficient so i don't see how turbocharging can help you gain fuel milage. But what do i know.

My personal take on this fuel milage thing is that it is not worth it to put in a EMS and all that work, let alone a turbo, just to save a few pesos at the pump, unless you are a big milage person.

To ths TS, sorry if we are hijacking your thread.

AD, you can have the last word on this, especially on the engine the engine displacement thing.

I am signing off on this subject.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
my last car was a honda civic sr4 d16 sohc vtec turbo, manual, td05 vr4 with garret 17g fins, 1.8mm metal gasket, blockguard, 390cc gsr injectors, 62mm type-r TB, emanage blue boosting 0.9bar at first i got 191hp on wheel 'dynojet' compression was 9 i think... cant really remember my FC but when im not boosting, to me FC was great... additional stuff like aluminum radiator with additional fan, oil cooler with an adapter that has a thermostat, aluminium apexi hybrid GT intercooler with alloy piping, helps with power and FC..

my car was driven daily and sometimes long distance... no probs with FC, over-heating or power... boosted up to 1.2bar... to me if everything is fitted correctly, tuning is the key...

what is needed for a BOT 0.5bar, bigger injectors, fuel regulator, double up ur standard metal gasket, a piggyback management which can tune AFR, ignition timing and has boost cut to eliminate check light, a turbo kit that matches with what u want... others items like aluminum radiators, oil coolers, block guard and etc will keep your engine save...

happy boosting!
where did you bot your civic?

jep3003

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2005
where did you bot your civic?
at first i jump from one place to another... but in the end i stuck to only one wshop which is my current wshop is at batu caves..

my first BOT kit consisted of a TD04 gsr with actuator, vr4 IC, cast iron manifold and normal piping... then i upgraded to TD05, 38mm tial wastegate, bananas, apexi hybrid gt IC and alloy piping... both kits i bought used... most of the items on my car are used, save cost... i think i saw quite a few sohc vtec turbo kits for sale...

oh ya i BOT my civic when it was an auto, den converted to manual...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Hey AD,

I concede to your superior experience in this matter. After all, i am just a armchair enthusiast who is more interested in performance gain than fuel milage.

I wonder if the engine your are talking about is bigger displacements like 2ltrs and upwards. Smaller engines like the 1.6L Hondas are already very fuel efficient so i don't see how turbocharging can help you gain fuel milage. But what do i know.

My personal take on this fuel milage thing is that it is not worth it to put in a EMS and all that work, let alone a turbo, just to save a few pesos at the pump, unless you are a big milage person.

To ths TS, sorry if we are hijacking your thread.

AD, you can have the last word on this, especially on the engine the engine displacement thing.

I am signing off on this subject.
so uptight ah:confused: chill la bro. just my 0.001 cents.

i just replying to what you said only what.

How can you save fuel with turbocharging compared to stock non-turbo? Anytime you mess with factory settings to increase power, you consume more fuel. Especially with turbos. This is a given.
and nobody puts in a turbo+ems+mods to save petrol bro, obviously for performance gain. we are just saying that by doing this mods for more power purposes can also bring good FC to your car, not neccesary you are going to have super bad FC or worse than stock etc etc. thats all...

1.6,1.8 and 2L bro. since you're "signing off" i also "sign off" la bro... :itsme:

Last edited:

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
so uptight ah:confused: chill la bro. just my 0.001 cents.

i just replying to what you said only what.

and nobody puts in a turbo+ems+mods to save petrol bro, obviously for performance gain. we are just saying that by doing this mods for more power purposes can also bring good FC to your car, not neccesary you are going to have super bad FC or worse than stock etc etc. thats all...

1.6,1.8 and 2L bro. since you're "signing off" i also "sign off" la bro... :itsme:
dont sign off so fast...! hahah..... i like to hear you guys experience... very nice~:biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
aranny d15/16 also same only..no problem...you can use that kit.

but the price ah...fuhhh....b16a halfcut alr i think. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys I'm new here but over the last 6 months of reading through this forum I have learnt alot of valuable stuff. So first off - Thanks! :)
Secondly...

I have a 96 Lancer which is a FWD chassis. I recently converted from a 1.5 to the 2nd gen (CM5A) 4g93t GSR engine.
The problem is that I need it setup for FWD. I have a Non turbo 4g93 gearbox (f5m421) which I was told would suit my setup. The gearbox bolts up fine but I cannot fit the 4g93t (pretty sure that's what it is) flywheel in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience