I love sports cars - Audi TT

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I love sports cars - Audi TT a newbies point of view

I've always had great respect for fast production cars. The minute I see them in my rear mirror - I move aside, if I see one signalling to cut in - I give way. Just so I that I can oogle at its rear and listen to it roar if it ever zooms off into the horizon.

In fact the last time I gave way to a rare Chrysler Crossfire just to oogle at it, the cheeky bugger raised the spoiler up and down a few times like it was saying bye-bye then suddenly just zoomed off into the horizon. Man was I ecstatic to see and hear it zoom off like that. I'm easy to please that way. :biggrin:

Anyway this time I was tasked with arranging a wedding car for a close friend. After a few inquiries, another close friend said he could introduce me to an owner who had a pretty neat pearl white VW Beetle original with full red leather interior. Cool! So I arranged to have 8 white spunky Myvis to be the convoy cars and that was that.

Until I heard what the grooms best men were driving : Alfa Romeo 156, Toyota Harrier, Audi A4, Audi A5 coupe, Audi A6.... :vroam:

I scrapped the Beetle idea and sourced for a more appropriate car. Another close friend recommend his friend who had this Audi TT (see top picture). Looked great, pretty stock and I thought "Ha! Easy. Automatic and easy to handle. Perfect!"

Boy was I in for a surprise. I didn't expect the 2.0 L I4 FSI Turbo powerplant to be so incredibly torquey and what a car! Pity it didn't have the Audi's active "Magnetic Ride" suspension but the stock fully independant multilink suspension is no slouch! Road handling was fantastic without being bone jarring and body roll is so minimal keeping a cup of water in the car would be pointless (Initial-D reference for the uninitiated).

(I'm obviously a newbie at this car reviewing thing because I was so obssessed with driving the car I completely forgot about taking pictures. :banghead: Unfortunately I only took two pictures.)

Steering was light when driving slow, but as the speed increased so did the steering weight. Very interesting system! The rear spoiler popped up with a flair at 120km/h advertising to the whole world that I was speeding. Sound proofing was a bit lacking at the 'higher' speeds as wind noise was very apparent but at lower speeds you tend to drive too fast - 80km/h feels like 40km/h in this car because it's so quiet! No exhaust noise, no road noise, nothing. I don't recall ever driving any slower than 90km/h because it just didn't feel fast and it doesn't help that the meters are all in MPH.

Seats hugged me like a big polar bear and was so incredibly comfortable, and full leather throughout the car gave it that much more class. Every dial, knob and switch was within arms length (or was controllable by the steering remote) felt solid, clicky and chunky. Nice.

The most interesting about driving a sports car is how everyone else seems to treat you. Literally everyone gives you way and everyone lets you cut in. Haha! Does this mean if I drive a sports car in future I can be a road hog and everyone would be ok with it? :biggrin:

My only complaint was the aircon. The recirculation button is always off by default so all the external air gets pumped into the car, you have to remember to press that switch everytime you fire up the car otherwise be prepared to breathe exhaust fumes from the car in front of you.

Glamour, class, torque, power and everyone gives way to you on the road.

Gawd I love sports cars.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
waiting for urs man!

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sports cars, supercars... fast cars are fun. I know exactly how you feel about driving one; you look forward to it, forget to take the pictures you want to take, and when you sit back and reflect, realize you're at a loss for words.

Why do you think my write-ups have been so poor!? :D

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sports cars, supercars... fast cars are fun. I know exactly how you feel about driving one; you look forward to it, forget to take the pictures you want to take, and when you sit back and reflect, realize you're at a loss for words.

Why do you think my write-ups have been so poor!? :D
LOL.. you got to drive supercars. I can understand the feel of the moment for that. If I drove a Lambo I'd completely forget about writing altogether!

I love sports cars!

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
about the recirculation button..
i dont know about Audis or high end cars, but in my car it also does the same.
But, i can turn it on all the time by pressing it few seconds until a beep sound and it will stay in recirculation mode all the time. =)

Good review =).

amirmambo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Subang Jaya
Where did u find the Chrysler Crossfire bro ?? Looks like an awesome car but ive yet to see one in Msia..But then again nice write up and really loving the effort :biggrin:

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
Where did u find the Chrysler Crossfire bro ?? Looks like an awesome car but ive yet to see one in Msia..But then again nice write up and really loving the effort :biggrin:
spotted 1 white inside 1 Utama parking year ago.

Last edited:

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
about the recirculation button..
i dont know about Audis or high end cars, but in my car it also does the same.
But, i can turn it on all the time by pressing it few seconds until a beep sound and it will stay in recirculation mode all the time. =)

Good review =).

bmw have the same problem ...my guess is all conti are like tht...

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
Yeah... i also did get different treatment.. driving my celica also does make people give way and also people somehow lets you cut in their lanes.... im grateful tho cos the racing clutches are making me stressed up when driving in the crazy traffic.... and once i drive my daily car to work... every time let people bully me... kah kah kah.... like that lah... split standard...

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
that why now audi so famous... i drove almost all range of audi.. left the luxury and the r8...

They all so dam great

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Re: I love sports cars - Audi TT a newbies point of view

I've always had great respect for fast production cars. The minute I see them in my rear mirror - I move aside, if I see one signalling to cut in - I give way. Just so I that I can oogle at its rear and listen to it roar if it ever zooms off into the horizon.

In fact the last time I gave way to a rare Chrysler Crossfire just to oogle at it, the cheeky bugger raised the spoiler up and down a few times like it was saying bye-bye then suddenly just zoomed off into the horizon. Man was I ecstatic to see and hear it zoom off like that. I'm easy to please that way. :biggrin:

Anyway this time I was tasked with arranging a wedding car for a close friend. After a few inquiries, another close friend said he could introduce me to an owner who had a pretty neat pearl white VW Beetle original with full red leather interior. Cool! So I arranged to have 8 white spunky Myvis to be the convoy cars and that was that.

Until I heard what the grooms best men were driving : Alfa Romeo 156, Toyota Harrier, Audi A4, Audi A5 coupe, Audi A6.... :vroam:

I scrapped the Beetle idea and sourced for a more appropriate car. Another close friend recommend his friend who had this Audi TT (see top picture). Looked great, pretty stock and I thought "Ha! Easy. Automatic and easy to handle. Perfect!"

Boy was I in for a surprise. I didn't expect the 2.0 L I4 FSI Turbo powerplant to be so incredibly torquey and what a car! Pity it didn't have the Audi's active "Magnetic Ride" suspension but the stock fully independant multilink suspension is no slouch! Road handling was fantastic without being bone jarring and body roll is so minimal keeping a cup of water in the car would be pointless (Initial-D reference for the uninitiated).

(I'm obviously a newbie at this car reviewing thing because I was so obssessed with driving the car I completely forgot about taking pictures. :banghead: Unfortunately I only took two pictures.)

Steering was light when driving slow, but as the speed increased so did the steering weight. Very interesting system! The rear spoiler popped up with a flair at 120km/h advertising to the whole world that I was speeding. Sound proofing was a bit lacking at the 'higher' speeds as wind noise was very apparent but at lower speeds you tend to drive too fast - 80km/h feels like 40km/h in this car because it's so quiet! No exhaust noise, no road noise, nothing. I don't recall ever driving any slower than 90km/h because it just didn't feel fast and it doesn't help that the meters are all in MPH.

Seats hugged me like a big polar bear and was so incredibly comfortable, and full leather throughout the car gave it that much more class. Every dial, knob and switch was within arms length (or was controllable by the steering remote) felt solid, clicky and chunky. Nice.

The most interesting about driving a sports car is how everyone else seems to treat you. Literally everyone gives you way and everyone lets you cut in. Haha! Does this mean if I drive a sports car in future I can be a road hog and everyone would be ok with it? :biggrin:

My only complaint was the aircon. The recirculation button is always off by default so all the external air gets pumped into the car, you have to remember to press that switch everytime you fire up the car otherwise be prepared to breathe exhaust fumes from the car in front of you.

Glamour, class, torque, power and everyone gives way to you on the road.

Gawd I love sports cars.
yeah, some more pointers to add, if you wanna own the car, buying a ross-tech vag com could be the best decision ever. connect yur lappy to the ecu, read errors, sort them out. loads of things can go wrong, and most of the time i'm clueless!

handling is spot on, tho i wish the car would be come in standard with rear-view cameras because side-parking is a very 'interesting' experience.

and the rear seat?

oh nvm. cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wanna share, last week when i walk at car care section at carrefour i saw this microfibre cloth. i bought it - a pack of 2 pcs cloth. size about 8"X9" i guess. at RM12 if i not mistaken.

this cloth is very good for ur car, esp if u wash car urself. normally after wash, i use hand-towel to wipe but the problem is the towel will leave a fabric dust on the car. i found out:

1. it very soft - it will not leave a swirl mark. i oso use it for express polish.
2. it absorb water well - good...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience