CRZ officially in next week - Sports Hybrid for non-geeks finally arrives.

Will I Buy the Honda CR-Z?

• Yes - This is THE hybrid for me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Still don't appeal to me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Finally a hybrid not for geeks, and it's here in Malaysia. To be officially unveiled next Thursday on the 3rd of Nov, The Honda CR-Z is the hybrid world's best looking hybrid, has the genes of the successful Honda Insight and is very tunable both aesthetically and in performance.

People are starting the accept hybrids and it's about time they sell a sporty hybrid such as the CR-Z that caters to drivers who, want fuel efficiency, are trying to be environmentally friendly, but do not want that stereotypical look of hybrid cars.

Facts

• Zerotohundred: 10 seconds
  • Top Speed: 200km/h
  • Engine: 1.5L 4-cylinder + 13bhp Electric Motor - IMA (Integrated Motor Assist)
  • Power: 122bhp / 6000 rpm
  • Redline: 6300rpm
  • Torque 128nm (6-speed manual) 123nm (CVT)
  • Weight: 1140kg
  • Fuel: 4L / 100km (6-speed manual) 4.4L / 100km (CVT)
  • Wheels: -
  • Tyres -
  • Price: RM120,000 (unconfirmed)

Cutaway of the CR-Z's 1.5 litre motor assisted engine. Notice the IMA motor that looks like the insides of giant Tamiya Motor.

The CRZ's interior. Surprisingly not boring at all. Especially if it comes with the 6-speed shown above.

Honda CR-Z

You get Optimus Prime's left eye as an instrumental gauge too. How cool is that.

The official pics are everywhere, but what people like us here, want to see are the tricked out versions currently available for inspiration, so here they are.

Honda Malaysia has announced next week's launch and Malaysia is in fact the first country in Southeast Asia to launch the Honda CR-Z. The CR-Z will also be cheaper with the Malaysian government's extension of the of import duty and excise duty exemption until December 2013.

There is no reason why the CR-Z won't thrive locally, but for Honda Malaysia, it was the Insight's overwhelming response from the public since it was launched last year which encouraged them to bring the CR-Z to Malaysia. After all, close to 34,000 units were sold worldwide since last December. Question is, will the CRZ be priced at the RM120,000 people are anticipating, or will they bring in the 6 speed manual transmissions?

More modified CRZ continues:

How about a CR-Z "Type-R" like this one from Hong Kong?

KR-Z by LHT CR-Z K20 - YouTube

The above is a real K20A conversion in a CR-Z from LHT Performance

Stock mostly, this is a comparison between the CRZ and the legendary CRX. Related in design somewhat, but given a 100V jolt in spirit.

How about a 533bhp Turbo CR-Z that retains the car's 3 different driving modes? A project by Bisimoto

Bisimoto tuning of 533 hp turbo 1.5L CR-Z - YouTube

"This is a tuning sweep of the the most powerful street hybrid in the world: the Bisimoto CRZ. Making over 533 hp and 330 ft/lbs of torque, the 1.5 litre Bisimoto CRZ hybrid retains all the drivability, economy, and reliability of the stock engine, but with full Bisimoto internals, can withstand the rigors of high horsepower. Items on board include, but are not limited to, Bisimoto level 2.4 cam, Bisimoto springs and retainers, AEM Series 2 EMS, Turbonetics Billet 64mm turbo, BOV and wastegate, Arias pistons, Bisimoto steel rods, golden eagle intake, 70mm tb, ngk spark plugs, 1000cc injectors, custom Bisimoto turbo manifold, Bisimoto TiO2 wheels, rywire haness, Action clutch, Falken Azenis tyres, and torco oil."

Fifth Gear Web TV - Honda CR-Z Road Test - YouTube

"Honda tell us that it's the world's first sporty hybrid coupe with an electric motor assisting its 1.5 litre petrol engine. And with claims of 56 miles per gallon and exemption from the London congestion charge, it sounds pretty tempting. In this video, Graham from the Office heads to the Netherlands to be one of the first to drive the new CR-Z."

C-WEST CR-Z

Cwest's product line up for the CR-Z

And finally, while on the topic of Honda's here's a lemon/lime refreshing S2000. Honda's purest 100bhp+ per litre, front engined rear wheel drive roadster. In time shall give way to the onslaught of hybrid and electric Hondas. Before the full transition however, we'd sure like to see some hybrid performance engines from them. A 300bhp K20A + IMA in the next Type-R perhaps?

Read the 3rd Nov 2011 launch article:
The CR-Z is here - First ever 6-speed manual Hybrid and it's a Honda
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/automotive-news/391126-crz-officially-in-next-week-sports-hybrid-for-non-geeks-finally-arrives.html

Attachments

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
yesterday my friend chatted with me telling he is so bengang when he failed to get cr-x for his project car. the reason was sellers put ridiculous price. then he went to honda dealer and put rm1000 on the table. he booked cr-z. settle. envy...

that 533hp cr-z turbo drools me. i even jizzed a bit.

amirmambo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Subang Jaya
Its about time that a gorgeous hybrid comes into town !! Hahaha kinda bored with prius and insight especially since their design doesnt really look that good..A pimped out CR-Z would be a real head turner alright :biggrin:

noname_yma

Known Member
Feb 22, 2006
hopefully the first batch 100 units will be available for sale..coz i heard it'll reserved for test drive unit for every dealer..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
now this is what i call an efficient sports car

:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's a lot of jizzing here in this thread :biggrin:

I personally like this particular body kit which I doubt will be available anytime soon :

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today I was having dinner with some my my relatives.

Then one of my relative told me her handphone was robbed along with the purse a few weeks ago.

She called to the handphone and request the theive to please return here IC, Driving license and SIM card (she saved alot of her customer no. in it)

The audacity is, the theive answered the call and threatened he will rape her if she ever called him again.

She was so upset, her boyfriend heard about this and engaged the service of a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience