EVO 8 or Impreza Ver9

viosqtd8820

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
thinking of upgrading car recently..
going to sell off my car..
but i am stuck on choose between EVO and Impreza
my self i more like the look of Impreza.. But i heard that if at bintulu if get a subaru that is nearly impossible workshop and help you to repair or maintenance is that ture ?

any advice ?

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
viosqtd8820,

It's hard to fine good mechanic/tuner in Borneo (most of the performance oriented)
Just follow your heart to choose...
From my observation, there are more Subaru then Evo in Borneo.
You might try to do upgrade/tune in Brunei.

viosqtd8820

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
my main concern is about normal maintaince... :D
anyone own of these cars can give some advice ? i know turbo car need more maintaince than NA.. but i really love those turbo sound and power... :D

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
I ve just decided to buy Subaru V9, u can feel the power even it is ori. I heard Evo need more maintenance

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
viosqtd8820,

Both car are good...
Base on my experience looking for parts either OEM/aftermarket.
Much easier to find for EVO compare tu Subaru. Either new or used parts.

In terms of engine upgrade on EVO, we could source from general mechanic sometimes.
4G63T very long history & massive market in Malaysia.
For Subaru technicalities only can be source in limited area/workshop/garage.

Tested my stock ride vs stock Subaru ver 9.
Version 9 easily outrun me... mean more power la..

For me, Subaru lots of plastic parts in engine bay...
Very expensive to replace it to metal/aluminium type.
Some of my friends complaining hard to get replacement bottles (any type)
when "bocor".... also expensive & have to wait from Japan (long time oooo)

bLACKjAC,

Agree with you...
Evo got AYC fluids, transfer case fluids la etc...
Need to take care very well if not... "koyak" pocket (terms for small people like me)

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Prefer Evo cus IMHO it looks better and I believe it's faster on track if compared head-to-head in full stock form due to sharper handling. The 4G63 is also more conventional inline 4 cyl compared to the boxer 4 layout in the Subby.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Both have pros and cons. Scooby have better center of gravity as engine is flat four and engine weight is at the bottom. Have better low end torque, but according to some oiling is not good because of flat four engine (piston laying down).
As for maintenance, for me I have the great great grandfather of the Evo, the VR4, so to me is quite normal. Oil change and all that is same for NA.....

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
u r evo or impreza fan? coz both car is same...powerful,4x4 wheel drive,turbo,almost same all spec just engine is different..for maintenance,i think evo more cheaper than subaru coz cost of part,easy to find out second hand spare part from kedai potong...hope u will find which car u most like...or should test drive both car...

MatLia

Known Member
Jul 17, 2007
I prefer Scooby the most. Eye catching, nice engine sound & seldom seen the copycat Hyundai Accent convert V7 Scooby bodykit on the road.

But Evo, u can see a lot of them (Wiralution, Wajalution). Some more 'Inspiralution' oso follow the way of trend. Less extraordinary feeling.

Anyway in term of maintainance, Evo is cheaper. On performance, these two are monster! So u decide which one close to your heart.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
personally i feel both are great cars, whicever u choose, u will be happy. as for maintenance, i dont think either is cheap, nor cheaper. if u own a sports car, for sure u will spend alot of money maintaining and modding it.. end of the day, it'll be expensive..

if u worry about cost, maybe u should consider a saga BLM or viva or something =P

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For the scooby, the sti is more powerful, but also more bumpy. For daily use not very practical. For better ride just get the WRX

semangka

Aug 14, 2010
Miri & Bintulu
go for evo la bro. sti long term would be headache, of course parts are readily available especially aftermarket for both model and doesn't comes cheap, but having a mechanic installing it (who knows what they're doing) is another thing especially in s'wak here. personally i also like sti more, cos of the boxer sound. in the end it's up to u, ride bumpy or comfy doesn't matter anymore - it's a norm if u live in s'wak with the road condition we're having now. and make sure if u plan to buy both of this car, just keep it till u finish the loan cos resale value for this both won't be good in s'wak here. and one more thing, always do maintenance and note that fuel consumption will be on the high side if this is going to be your daily car. trust me, i know.:driver:

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

by the way, vios qtd8820 looks familiar.:smokin:

Ariel Katana

From Facebook
Nov 5, 2010
www.facebook.com
The choice is yours bro. Both of them are great cars with their own history and there are pro n con between them. Just follow your heart, which one you like most because if you buy the 1 u like you'll feel satisfy on having it. If u ask me, i'll go for scooby. Just my 2 cent. Cheers... :biggrin:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
it's a norm if u live in s'wak with the road condition we're having now. and make sure if u plan to buy both of this car, just keep it till u finish the loan cos resale value for this both won't be good in s'wak here. and one more thing, always do maintenance and note that fuel consumption will be on the high side if this is going to be your daily car. trust me, i know.:driver:

Roads bad condition, with stiff suspension even worse.....:biggrin:
Consumption high, some more must use RON97.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

The choice is yours bro. Both of them are great cars with their own history and there are pro n con between them. Just follow your heart, which one you like most because if you buy the 1 u like you'll feel satisfy on having it. If u ask me, i'll go for scooby. Just my 2 cent. Cheers... :biggrin:
Yalor, best is to test drive both to see which you prefer.......:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

My inspira braking system not so good...anyone have idea how to improve?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience