Experience on Falken ZE-522?

HaziqRais

Known Member
May 4, 2011
Kelantan
Okay, so today it was raining at my place. So i tried to drive faster during the rain.
And it proves that ze522 doesnt have the grip. Aiyaa i need the grip in the rain -.-

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
drive above 140KM/H in raining time is not a good practice bro. don't be intimidate by smaller car which can run easily during raining time...car such myvi,viva,kancil etc...run on smaller width tires...thus can easily remove water away and lowered the risk of aquaplaning...

there is no magic tires in the world that can make you drive faster in the rain...they all have limits... the best so far handle in the rain is from michelin ps3...that too not good to speed in the rain...drive safe...ingat orang tersayang...

HaziqRais

Known Member
May 4, 2011
Kelantan
Of course bro, always ingat org yg tersayang. Ive learnt my lesson, not to drive
fast during rain, or even after. Im just looking for the best that handles in the rain
so that ill be more safer.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
drive above 140KM/H in raining time is not a good practice bro. don't be intimidate by smaller car which can run easily during raining time...car such myvi,viva,kancil etc...run on smaller width tires...thus can easily remove water away and lowered the risk of aquaplaning...

there is no magic tires in the world that can make you drive faster in the rain...they all have limits... the best so far handle in the rain is from michelin ps3...that too not good to speed in the rain...drive safe...ingat orang tersayang...
I have to re quote that, with smaller width tyres, they don't easily remove water, but because they do not have much water under their skinner tyres.....:biggrin:
If talking about aquaplaning handling then GY GS-D3 to me is still the best. On 215/45/R17 size I have done 150 kph in heavy rain, The other tyres that I have used cannot do that, from GY Asy, Falken FK452, ST115, Yoko S-Drive, ES100, Toyo T1-R, Blue Streak Stiletto.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
The most expensive? No lah! but buy according to use.
Extreme tyres are expensive but made more for track days and more towards dry handling.
Max performance is better for everyday use, since we don't know when the rain will come.
Tyres like Asy 2, PS3, CSC5, T-1 Sports. Theses tyres at least have some capability in wet handling

but i heard Asy 2 outperform gsd5 on wet, and gsd5 is even better than gsd3 on wet..

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Falken Ze-522 is easily one of the worst donut around.
from my experience, dry grip is acceptable but wet grip / traction is second to none!
while driving at 70km/h in wet, tyres still slip during braking.
If you're really on tight budget, Achilles ATR Sport worth looking at. Noisier but wet grip is acceptable for its price. 205/45/r17 and 215/45/r17 is less than RM225. dirt cheap and suitable for low budget drifter.
Then again, good thing always comes in price. Don't expect much from it.

Point; Tyres is the only contact provider between your car and the road surface, no compromise in safety. Even the most expensive tyres could not buy life but it will at least give us a peace of mind during driving.
Drive safely and ensure all tyres always in good condition.

About the new Goodyear ; yes, Asymmetric 2 does outperform the GSD5 in wet / intermediate. On aquaplaning resistance, both still losing to GSD3 ( good buy but too noisy).
PS3 is a fine choice (wet / dry grip and comfort. again, losing out to GSD3 on aquaplaning resistance due to tread pattern) but the sidewall is too soft for spirited driving.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
but i heard Asy 2 outperform gsd5 on wet, and gsd5 is even better than gsd3 on wet..
You have to read the fine prints.
In aquaplaning, GS-D3 is still the best. Even though F1 D5 brakes and handles better in the wet, in aquaplaning resistance loses out to the GS-D3.
Asy 2 same, even though better then F1 D5 in all aspects, but the aquaplaning resistance is still below GS-D3

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Falken Ze-522 is easily one of the worst donut around.
About the new Goodyear ; yes, Asymmetric 2 does outperform the GSD5 in wet / intermediate. On aquaplaning resistance, both still losing to GSD3 ( good buy but too noisy).
PS3 is a fine choice (wet / dry grip and comfort. again, losing out to GSD3 on aquaplaning resistance due to tread pattern) but the sidewall is too soft for spirited driving.
Yup, is good buy, but very noisy and actually dry traction loses out slightly.....but make up for it in wet handling....

perdana54

Known Member
Jun 18, 2007
JB
try potenza re-001/002.......nice rubbers for both dry n wet.....or if Pirelli Pzero rosso....awesome rubbers.....good grip & smooth........
hapy driving :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
try potenza re-001/002.......nice rubbers for both dry n wet.....or if Pirelli Pzero rosso....awesome rubbers.....good grip & smooth........
hapy driving :driver:
RE-001 better in the dry, but they are quite bumpy, unless use more for handling and cornering.
P zero Rosso, smallest tyre I think is 205/55/R16, and the rest should be in 17" and above.

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Try Falken ZE912, bro. I love it. Anyway, just to share.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ZE-912 is definitely better then ZE-522, but the older ZE-912 was better. Recently for ZE-912, for many size they have changed their traction rating to A from AA....:hmmmm:

ONEshot_3121

Jan 21, 2006
selangor
PS3 I think now cross over to RM500 region already, that is why the Asy 2 is worth it.
PS3 also made in TomYam land

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Which model? MY-01??
Bro any comment on MY-01??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

im driving as the car on my signature. i shall need to do a full car wiring as my current wirings are all condem. wiring should include custom fuse and relay box as my original has been cut in half and able to connect to my car after-market ECU Microtec ECU. i need a rough cost that i need to fork out to do this replacement. Im afraid of cases like people quote me RM5k for wiring and after car is done they plus more hidden charges that will cost me RM15k.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience