Please help me with RE engine !

IdzarSavanna

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Is it necessary to add 2T sx oil when fill up petrol in rotary engine ?? is it good or bad ?? ..... because I'm using the method for time being . I don't know whether it's good or not . :confused:

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
If i'm not mistaken, the 2t oil will decrease the RON number when mixed together..read it somewhere in the internet but cant remember which site...lubrication supplied by the oil metering pump would be sufficient enough depending on what lube oil you use..

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
it is better to add 2t. This leads to better lubrication on the apex seals which pretty much scrape/travel thru the chambers. I would reccomend that you use the rotary specific premix idemitsu. I found a world of difference when compared tp regular 2 t.

malimsiao

Known Member
May 5, 2008
it is better to add 2t. This leads to better lubrication on the apex seals which pretty much scrape/travel thru the chambers. I would reccomend that you use the rotary specific premix idemitsu. I found a world of difference when compared tp regular 2 t.
interesting... could u pls share the details of the premix idemitsu to me eg price, where to buy etc.. thank you

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
interesting... could u pls share the details of the premix idemitsu to me eg price, where to buy etc.. thank you
I picked them up from Han a.k.a Goober on the forum when i was at ah choys sometime ago. Bought enough to last. 2t is fine but with the premix i find it way smoother.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Fuel wise you're really talking about detonation. Premixing is something we do if we have disabled out oil metering pump (omp) or simply just want to be safe. The rotary picks up filtered oil and squirts them into the chamber to lube/film and avoid exessive friction. The question has always been about how clean will the oil/2t burn in chamber as you do not want residue. In that way i like the special premix as its rotary specific.

Azraf

Jul 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
back to the very first question.. it is not necessary and neither good nor bad. It's individual preference really.

To me, if its really necessary and good, its more likely that Mazda would have included in the owner's car manual. If performance or fuel efficiency is what you are after, there are other means of doing it. ecu, tuning, aftermarket performance parts etc..

I agree with adam, use ron97 la.. you could do it but you need more research on it. I personally wouldn't do it cos i'm no expert and doubtful due to the fact there are a lot being said about the good and the bad out there.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
back to the very first question.. it is not necessary and neither good nor bad. It's individual preference really.

To me, if its really necessary and good, its more likely that Mazda would have included in the owner's car manual. If performance or fuel efficiency is what you are after, there are other means of doing it. ecu, tuning, aftermarket performance parts etc..

I agree with adam, use ron97 la.. you could do it but you need more research on it. I personally wouldn't do it cos i'm no expert and doubtful due to the fact there are a lot being said about the good and the bad out there.

Azraf i agree with you. the question is, how confident are you of your oil metering pump functioning properly? I personally use 2t as a safety net.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I also forgot to add, another reason to consider adding 2 t in the fd is because we run electrical omp. As our cars age there is a risk of it not functioning properly. If you run microtech, not too sure bout other ecu's, it doesn't support the electrical omp. There is no 5v support. In this case you have the choice of converting to the fc's mechanical omp, which I believe Mazda nailed in terms of reliability.