Mega Gathering 2011

When should this year's Skyline Mega Gathering be held?

• Saturday, 15 Oct 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, 11 Nov 2011 (?!!)

• Some other date (it's too early to decide, let's discuss further)

• Total voters

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
looks like need to change name then .. NSOC Annual Gathering .. shah alam seems like s good place to start. once we get the club rolling , thn we can make it bigger ..

Loki

Known Member
Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
whatadrive.blogspot.com

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
i think somewhere near and ample parking will be good, knowing most skyline owners who rather stand and chit chat while checking out other skyline's...shah alam is good ..bet will have a large turnout..just my 2cents

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
looks like need to change name then .. NSOC Annual Gathering .. shah alam seems like s good place to start. once we get the club rolling , thn we can make it bigger ..
I don't think we should use NSOC name just yet because the gathering would happen first way before we even know if the ROS reject or approve the name NSOC. Shouldn't we just go with our usual gathering but a massive one compared to last years?

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Just wanted to throw in my idea into the hat.

First, topping last year's gathering will not be difficult. All I did last year was start a thread and chose date/time/location for Skyliners to plan their time. Based on the turn out, we know that most, if not all of us wants to have this gathering.

The challenge now is to up the ante a little bit. How?

My suggestions:
1. Keep it in Klang Valley. Reason is I think there are more Skylines here than anywhere else. Also, we need as many ppl to show up for registration purpose. In terms of location, it is the midpoint for ppl from the north, south, east.

2. No need to do a family event. The last gathering, only a handful brought their families. I think our objective this time around should be to get as many people 'registered'. Once we have an official club, we will plan for a family day where we can have it at locations outside KV. MLOC has done it in Tambun and this year I heard they are doing it at Jalan gambang Pahang.

3. It was suggested we do a car boot sale for those who have car related things to sell. Of course must give discount laaaaaaa.

4. What if we rent tents and invite merchants to participate (goodyear, hypertune, motorsports playground, jdmautolink etc). What about food stalls etc? Would it be legal for us to collect a days rent from them? Money can be used to pay for venue or for future events. I am sure some of us know someone who would like to set up shop.

5. Drift workshop????

Last year's event, with the goodyear cap and maxis bottle (hahaha) we managed to sustain the interest of skyliners for a good three hours just loitering in the park. With the above i am sure we can make it through half a day. ;)

Anyways, this is just what I think we should do for this year's gathering. Insya allah for future ones we can definitely have it in other states.

Look forward to this year's gathering becoming a reality.

Eagle

Known Member
Jun 29, 2009
I am agreeable to the overall suggestions made by BR. What is important right now is to lock in the date as that has a direct impact to the number of turnouts or participation. The venue and activities to be agreed upon has to be aligned with the objectives of the mega gathering.

Eagle

Known Member
Jun 29, 2009
The Poll above did not include Nov 12th but Nov 11th instead.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience