emanage tuning and installation

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
The good and the bad thing abt the VDO system is the Drive by wire throttle.
It saves the engine. but it limit the power.

EMB couldn't bypass the throttle position at the fueling system... Not sure abt the ignition though.
But if i were to get MMC unit. I might as well send it for rechip tuning.... It's going to be much more better than EMB. The only hassle would be tuning. U need to get back to the person...
Hi speed2horizon,
Thanks for the info bro. So u mean by rechip is more better than using EMB?
I tot EMB got more function to play with rather than rechip the stock ECU (MMC).
Or can you tell me what kind of better things u mean by rechip than use EMB.
If it's that good then i'll preferred to rechip mine, save cost. hehehe
Btw, i also tot rechip is plug & play, take out the stock chip and socket then replace with tuned chip(of course done by pros not newbie like me). What kind of tuning need to be done after rechip the ECU bro since the chip is already tuned.

Sorry in advance for my noob question here bro.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi speed2horizon,
Thanks for the info bro. So u mean by rechip is more better than using EMB?
I tot EMB got more function to play with rather than rechip the stock ECU (MMC).
Or can you tell me what kind of better things u mean by rechip than use EMB.
If it's that good then i'll preferred to rechip mine, save cost. hehehe
Btw, i also tot rechip is plug & play, take out the stock chip and socket then replace with tuned chip(of course done by pros not newbie like me). What kind of tuning need to be done after rechip the ECU bro since the chip is already tuned.

Sorry in advance for my noob question here bro.
Nope.. rechip will never work the best with a tuned chip.... Ok... This is how it should be done. Look for an ECU with Eprom(make sure there's Eprom) microprocessor. Get it removed, and replace with 28pin socket.

The way to identify is as follow.

From the sticker, u should be able to identify.

The EPROM CHIP

After replacing the chip with the socket, it will require an eprom emulator to temporary replace the microprocessor. With the right interface like Tuner Pro RT, u can change all the definition according to the engine set up, the parameters involved, injector size and etc. Then it can be tuned to to suit your new set up.

When the tuning is completed and the parameters is confirmed, the program is extracted from the emulator and burn into a new Eprom chip. Then the chip will be inserted into your ECU.

The tuning method is all like standalone, though the parameters may not be similar. Exact injection timing, injection in ms formulated to targetted AFR, and not just correction like piggyback.

In other words, it's as good as standalone if it's done on the right hand.

If there's changes on your set up, all u need to do is to find back the person. remove the chip and destroy the program with UV ray. And burn the new program in the same chip.

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
Wahh....!!!
Damn, good info bro..
Do you provide the service to re-chip?
Btw, how about those ECU ppls sell around chipped with Mines, Ralliart n etc inside? How it'll learn the car setup or it's sell by type referring on our car setup?
Really2 thanks to you bro speed2horizon..!!
Your info helps a lot and easy for newbie like me to understand bro.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Wahh....!!!
Damn, good info bro..
Do you provide the service to re-chip?
Btw, how about those ECU ppls sell around chipped with Mines, Ralliart n etc inside? How it'll learn the car setup or it's sell by type referring on our car setup?
Really2 thanks to you bro speed2horizon..!!
Your info helps a lot and easy for newbie like me to understand bro.
Those ralliart/mines chip were never made for plug n play for different set up. The OBD0 and OBD1 ECU are non learning ECU... Thy only have AFR correction under close loop condition. So, anyone whom tell u it'll learn the set up at WOT, they're labelled as conman....

No, I don't provide the service. I have no time and I don't wanna be responsible for other ppl's engine. Try to contact DRAX ECU. They will do a neat job.

jason4883

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Selangor
Those ralliart/mines chip were never made for plug n play for different set up. The OBD0 and OBD1 ECU are non learning ECU... Thy only have AFR correction under close loop condition. So, anyone whom tell u it'll learn the set up at WOT, they're labelled as conman....

No, I don't provide the service. I have no time and I don't wanna be responsible for other ppl's engine. Try to contact DRAX ECU. They will do a neat job.
Where does this DRAX ECU located ya? Other than them, any other recommendation which provides good chip retune service?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
ladies and gentlemen..straying very very far away from emanage discussion..
so yeah..will ECU overcome the emanage and trim the fuel back to the way the ECU likes it after a while? or will the emanage settings stick..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Based on the information I read above, can I say that Emanage > Rechip > EMB?
I don't understand what u meant...?
EMB and Emanage..???

Rechip is replacement of the ECU base map. Change the entire program to match ur set up.

EMB(Emanage Blue) is alteration of the base map. So, all the limitation in the stock base map still exist. An few example would be:

The rev limit maintain
Speed cut(if there is)
Maximum of 150% injectors upgrade

All the above is not a problem with rechip. On top of that, u can even include a launch control in your ECU. To sumarize, it'll work something like a hondata for Mitsubishi...

jason4883

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Selangor
I don't understand what u meant...?
EMB and Emanage..???

Rechip is replacement of the ECU base map. Change the entire program to match ur set up.

EMB(Emanage Blue) is alteration of the base map. So, all the limitation in the stock base map still exist. An few example would be:

The rev limit maintain
Speed cut(if there is)
Maximum of 150% injectors upgrade

All the above is not a problem with rechip. On top of that, u can even include a launch control in your ECU. To sumarize, it'll work something like a hondata for Mitsubishi...
Sorry for my misleading phrase. What I wanna ask was EManage > Rechip?

But now seems like I have the answer d. Seems like rechip is much more value for money. But of course, the bottom line - your ECU must be those type of re-programmable (for eg, MMC batch), as stated in post above. Correct me if I am wrong.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Sorry for my misleading phrase. What I wanna ask was EManage > Rechip?

But now seems like I have the answer d. Seems like rechip is much more value for money. But of course, the bottom line - your ECU must be those type of re-programmable (for eg, MMC batch), as stated in post above. Correct me if I am wrong.
1st criteria = MMC ECU
2nd criteria = EPROM micro controller

THe built in EPROM controller cannot be reprogram. That's why u need to rechip with a reprogrammable EPROM chip.

Not abt value for money. It's about the result.

jason4883

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Selangor
1st criteria = MMC ECU
2nd criteria = EPROM micro controller

THe built in EPROM controller cannot be reprogram. That's why u need to rechip with a reprogrammable EPROM chip.

Not abt value for money. It's about the result.
In other words, my ride must be the MMC ECU and rechip with a reprogrammable EPROM chip, since the built in (in MMC ECU) can't be reprogrammed?
Correct if I am wrong.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
In other words, my ride must be the MMC ECU and rechip with a reprogrammable EPROM chip, since the built in (in MMC ECU) can't be reprogrammed?
Correct if I am wrong.
What I meant was.. Not all MMC ECU can be rechip. Only those with EPROM can be rechip... Even the same model engine, GSR have ECUS with and witout EPROM.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, my altis has this tyre size and the brand is bridgestone. i want to get michelin but i found out that michelin only has 205/55/16. is it better to put the bigger tyre or use bridgestone with the same size instead?

advise needed. thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience