4g93 modification advice

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Folks especially the NA Sifu's

i am currently running a NA 4G93 Doch engine in my ride...

i just completed my fine tuning and dynoed with a results of 153whp.

my question is, i am targetting to have a 170 to 180whp being said as a daily drive engine as well

any advice on the modification i could carry out without wasting on unnesesary stuff

current mod :

83mm piston, acl bearing..fully balance - hitting at 20bar preasure
PnP, 272 matspeed cams , gsr turbo intake bored 70mm with S90 TB
mivec injectors, 4-2-1 cusco intake
exedy preasure plate with trinity clutch
Sard fuel pump with sard fuel regulator
Management - Microtech Lt10s

my powerband starts as early as 2k rpm and starts to drop at 7500k Rpm

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Your list of mods seem to be quite extreme so I think you know what you're doing.

If you want your powerband and peak hp to be higher, you'll need higher more aggresive cams.

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
haha its a 1.8 jpn gb....end pull of each gears are just awesome.....

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Shouldnt you be getting more than 153whp with those specs? Anyway without going for some serious race cams, you could try:

4-1 exhaust manifold (maybe Tonnka),
Skunk2 B-series intake manifold (with adaptor),
Lightweight Flywheel (Please dont skim the original)
Under-drive pulleys (They have it in australia I think, otherwise custom)

The 4-1 exhaust manifold and Skunk2 intake should work well in tandem. To further increase power you're going to need some cams that would suit your engine's breathing systems, but god knows who or which mechanic knows this info...

If the above hardware matches well though, you should be well within the 170+ range.... I think!

edit: p.s. IMO, dont get lightweight crank pulleys.

TopRpm

Known Member
Sep 13, 2007
Folks especially the NA Sifu's

i am currently running a NA 4G93 Doch engine in my ride...

i just completed my fine tuning and dynoed with a results of 153whp.

my question is, i am targetting to have a 170 to 180whp being said as a daily drive engine as well

any advice on the modification i could carry out without wasting on unnesesary stuff

current mod :

83mm piston, acl bearing..fully balance - hitting at 20bar preasure
PnP, 272 matspeed cams , gsr turbo intake bored 70mm with S90 TB
mivec injectors, 4-2-1 cusco intake
exedy preasure plate with trinity clutch
Sard fuel pump with sard fuel regulator
Management - Microtech Lt10s

my powerband starts as early as 2k rpm and starts to drop at 7500k Rpm
try putting MIVEC head n MSD ignition..surely can achieve the 180whp goal..since u edi using Lt-10..then management shouldnt be any issue. i've seen many 4g93 reach dat zone:driver:

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Danz, most lightweight crank pulleys dont have full harmonic dampers... even if they do, its often only inserted between half of the pulley and I dont think that really does anything.

Many have used these pulleys without immediate effects, but who knows lah after 3-4 years down the road. Drivers who like to push their tuned engines hard should avoid these especially, IMO.

Under-drive pulleys however are generally fine unless you are heavily dependant on that particular accessory, e.g. High end sound system (alternator), old/rusted radiators etc(waterpump).

ATI - The Dangers of Power Pulleys & Understanding the Harmonic Damper

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
thanks bro for the info....cos i just change to LCP, now sound emitting from the pulley..dunno whether is it the belt or wat....but its kinda irritating...mine does not have the damper.....
just a normal C&C one....

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

but according to my mech, there are pros & cons of using LCP,
one of it is when the LCP fails, it would just pop off.....the simplest way is to get a replacement one, either OEM or
another LCP. BUt if using OEM CP, when it fails, it will then damage the crankshaft but wont pop off....thats wat happened to me
the last time before i switch to LCP. dunno whether is it true anot.

although i gain better pick up, but i loose at top speed....

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Zeroed,

well there should be something i am lacking....but i guess i am going for my last resort...

racing sleeves mate with 83mm super high comp piston with valve pocket done...
use 308 cams with valve spring, titanium retainers with race hidrolic lifters and coupe it up with Skunk 2 intake since i have S90 already

changing my header from cusco to Hi tech.. bcoz frankly nothing beats what a Hi tech Race headers can do..

and to avoid losing sparks at 10k rpm i am gona plunk in COP

Shouldnt you be getting more than 153whp with those specs? Anyway without going for some serious race cams, you could try:

4-1 exhaust manifold (maybe Tonnka),
Skunk2 B-series intake manifold (with adaptor),
Lightweight Flywheel (Please dont skim the original)
Under-drive pulleys (They have it in australia I think, otherwise custom)

The 4-1 exhaust manifold and Skunk2 intake should work well in tandem. To further increase power you're going to need some cams that would suit your engine's breathing systems, but god knows who or which mechanic knows this info...

If the above hardware matches well though, you should be well within the 170+ range.... I think!

edit: p.s. IMO, dont get lightweight crank pulleys.

Last edited:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Zeroed,

well there should be something i am lacking....but i guess i am going for my last resort...

racing sleeves mate with 83mm super high comp piston with valve pocket done...
use 308 cams with valve spring, titanium retainers with race hidrolic lifters and coupe it up with Skunk 2 intake since i have S90 already

changing my header from cusco to Hi tech.. bcoz frankly nothing beats what a Hi tech Race headers can do..

and to avoid losing sparks at 10k rpm i am gona plunk in COP
GILA!!!! the making of an NA champion :adore::adore::adore:
originally turbo champion but changed sides :thefinger: lol

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
u rev 10krpm with 4G93 head? huyyo... becareful bro.. the lash adjuster (hydraulic lifter) not very rev-friendly..

my opinion only.. mayb u got very2 skillful tuner.. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have two questions. I love the after effects of claying especially when combined with optiseal.

Can you overclay a car? I spray ONR on the surface and clay it. The question is the frequency: I clay my car each time I wash it. Will I thin the paint?

I also clay the glass and this I believe can be done safely since glass is a much harder material. The results of claying glass is simply amazing.

Second question: I also apply Opti Seal on the car. Will claying remove it prematurely...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience