emanage tuning and installation

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Weird when he say so...:hmmmm:
Emanage memang target JDM as I know. In fact, if u take 2sec to see the main page,

GReddy

It's stated for most Japanese make car.
Yes, i know after google and getting more understanding on tuning. The boss there tried to trick me into believing unichip (from Africa) is better than e-manage (Cannot tune JDM car). Because RS dyno tune is more specialize on unichip. This is why in my opinion he is not truthful enough:thefinger:.[/QUOTE]

And dastek dyno is very famous for making owner happy with the dyno result. A standard putra with unichip can show 17+ Hp after installing unichip. Brought him to a dynodynamics at sunway and he was remortgaged by the result. 108WHP.

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
well the figures on dastek is on the engine not on wheels, so generally has a higher reading than on wheel.

furthermore dynodynamics runs with load, well known fact to break many hearts(and spirit) with their low whp readings!

Robyn is ok when he is in the mood, I have been there once to get the emanage from him, first time damn kawan, second time i went back to get a retune due to knocking and he wasn't as friendly as he the first time. Said some stuff that has prevented me from going back till now.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
well the figures on dastek is on the engine not on wheels, so generally has a higher reading than on wheel.

furthermore dynodynamics runs with load, well known fact to break many hearts(and spirit) with their low whp readings!

Robyn is ok when he is in the mood, I have been there once to get the emanage from him, first time damn kawan, second time i went back to get a retune due to knocking and he wasn't as friendly as he the first time. Said some stuff that has prevented me from going back till now.
It's even ridiculous to see 18+hp on crank on a stock 4g93. Where the blue print says 14+HP. There's this power enhance mode or something like that on the dyno. God knows why...

Hmm... Since u've mentioned te name... Haha... Robyn ma... Biasa Lah...

Racedude

7,000 RPM
Sep 26, 2006
Hi to everyone, I have a question to ask but its a bit off topic. I'm trying to find out if anybody would be interested to convert thier E-manage blue/ultimate to become a full standalone. I have designed an add in circuit to be able to make the Emanage ecu to full standalone. The cost will depend of how many I can sell after development but it wont cost more than RM450. To start off I shall do the Blue version first.

Pros of the Emanage blue standalone,
1. Its cheaper than anything else.
2. It uses the original software for tuning which is very easy to use.
3. limited to 12,000rpm as thats the max for emanage blue
4. Less complicated to set up than most other standalone ecu's.
5. Able to control ignition for 1-12 cylinders
6. Able to provide true ignition control for COP, 1 ignition pulse per spark(max 6 cylinders. Not modified wasted spark signal.)
7. Autotune(wideband 0-5v only)
8. Able to datalog easily

Now for the Cons
1) No engine and air temperature input. (Have to use older BMW cold start valve, its possible to use a hotwire airflow meter for turbo as air temperature compensation is internal)
2) No knock sensor interface( maps must be conservative to be safe)
3) No narrow band exhaust sensor interface. Only a wideband can be used.
4) Batch fire only.
5) Ignition limited to 40 degrees of adjustment(emanage limitation)

My development is still in its early stages so I'm open for comments and requirements. This will make the final product what you really need.

Thanks.

RD.

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Hi to everyone, I have a question to ask but its a bit off topic. I'm trying to find out if anybody would be interested to convert thier E-manage blue/ultimate to become a full standalone. I have designed an add in circuit to be able to make the Emanage ecu to full standalone. The cost will depend of how many I can sell after development but it wont cost more than RM450. To start off I shall do the Blue version first.

Pros of the Emanage blue standalone,
1. Its cheaper than anything else.
2. It uses the original software for tuning which is very easy to use.
3. limited to 12,000rpm as thats the max for emanage blue
4. Less complicated to set up than most other standalone ecu's.
5. Able to control ignition for 1-12 cylinders
6. Able to provide true ignition control for COP, 1 ignition pulse per spark(max 6 cylinders. Not modified wasted spark signal.)
7. Autotune(wideband 0-5v only)
8. Able to datalog easily

Now for the Cons
1) No engine and air temperature input. (Have to use older BMW cold start valve, its possible to use a hotwire airflow meter for turbo as air temperature compensation is internal)
2) No knock sensor interface( maps must be conservative to be safe)
3) No narrow band exhaust sensor interface. Only a wideband can be used.
4) Batch fire only.
5) Ignition limited to 40 degrees of adjustment(emanage limitation)

My development is still in its early stages so I'm open for comments and requirements. This will make the final product what you really need.

Thanks.

RD.
tried on any running cars yet??..

Racedude

7,000 RPM
Sep 26, 2006
tried on any running cars yet??..
If I'm not busy this week, I plan to install into a road car for testing next week.

Added some pictures. Same picture I uploaded to emanage yahoogroups. This was the successful testing on bench. Set up for an engine with a distributor. Development continues and testing on a vehicle soon.

Picture ntck is the normal emanage tuning screen.
Picture osc is the oscilloscope reading of the change in ignition timing.
Picture tst is my messy test bench.
Picture tstosc is the screenshot of the dwell time I had set at 3.8ms at7500rpm.

Thanks.

RD

Attachments

Last edited:

waja+evo

Feb 9, 2005
bangi, selangor
Visit site
hi all,

im newbie ere..i just want to know can e-manage instal to estima ACR40?if can, i plan to instal b4 hari raya and can anyone inroduce to me which tuner can do installation into my estima..need advice from all the mastah & sifu la..cheers

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
u guys are most welcome to drop by at millennium motorsports asia....
0123205454 sms or call..or can visit us on facebook: joshua thiran or millennium motorsports asia.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
a question for owners.. did any of you guys went back for a dyno AFTER the the initial tune? asking because read some reports that after a week the fuel trim settings were overcame by the stock ECU.. and only the ignition timing settings remained. this was on the 20v blacktops..

anybody here went back and verified that the E-Manage settings were still working or it gotten overridden by the stock ECU.

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
Hi guys,

i know this question is been asked n answered so many times but i could't find any proper answer for it.
It' regarding E-manage with Siemens VDO SGTI.
I read certain ppls said i cant be done, the ECU will reset the Emanage setting back to default while certain more ppls said it can be done but cannot fully utilize the functions.
or if i need to change the ECU to MMC version, what are the other things that i need to change also.

Can any sifu/otai here help me on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hi guys,

i know this question is been asked n answered so many times but i could't find any proper answer for it.
It' regarding E-manage with Siemens VDO SGTI.
I read certain ppls said i cant be done, the ECU will reset the Emanage setting back to default while certain more ppls said it can be done but cannot fully utilize the functions.
or if i need to change the ECU to MMC version, what are the other things that i need to change also.

Can any sifu/otai here help me on this matter.

Thanks in advance.
bro.. my opinion.. if you want to change your original ECU from Siemens to MMC, then add E-Manage.. :stupid: why not just get a full standalone..?

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
bro.. my opinion.. if you want to change your original ECU from Siemens to MMC, then add E-Manage.. :stupid: why not just get a full standalone..?
Yo bro, thank for the reply.
I understand,the reason im asking about the MMC ECU b'cos got friend want to sell his Putra complete wiring + Ecu + air flow n some other part needed (according to him la) very2 cheap to me. So the cost is still cheaper for me to get the MMC + Emanage that get the full standalone.

So back to the question, is it possible for me to remain with the Siemens ECU + Emanage?
If yes, what are the functions that i can & can't use from the Emanage.
And how about to prevent the ecu from resetting the Emange to the default setting.

Or better just change all the wiring to MMC.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
The good and the bad thing abt the VDO system is the Drive by wire throttle.
It saves the engine. but it limit the power.

EMB couldn't bypass the throttle position at the fueling system... Not sure abt the ignition though.
But if i were to get MMC unit. I might as well send it for rechip tuning.... It's going to be much more better than EMB. The only hassle would be tuning. U need to get back to the person...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Before you get disappointed watching the full video, let me be the first to tell you that there isn't any drifting in this video, it only shows some track footage of Nobushige Kumakubo's new Team Orange Nissan Laurel that he will be hoping to debut somewhere in the early stages of the season.

The switch to a Laurel was brought on by the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience